Jump to content

Worst Toy Buying Experience.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Hmmm i don't know amazon got me a kingpin with-in 48 hours of ordering. But I live 10 minutes down the road from a fulfilment center and living in Chicagoland has the volume benefits.

I don't know either, but nine times out of ten when I order something through Amazon, it's delayed, mis-shipped (!?!) or outright lost. I've literally gone as high as you can go through the customer service chain: chats, email, phone calls, and I have no idea why this keeps happening to me. Amazon, who have the records themselves are almost as at a loss as I am. They can't explain it, nor can they deny it. They've initiated three separate investigations into why this keeps happening, but can't find anything.

Still, I can't complain to much. In a way, they're like my Dad used to be, they'll cheese me off then try and smooth things over by giving me money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently saw a post from MCUcollector on Instagram all about Megalopolis and it's current (or not so current) terrible costumer service, and the thread got pretty heated and long, with tons and tons of people who are all in the same predicament, apparently they are pulling this stunt on everybody, I saw some people complaining that Megaloplois hadn't even shipped people in stock items from the end of last year. I can't even imagine what is going on, sure covid and all but that's not really a huge excuse because so many stores are able to deal with it, I mean it's not like these are pre-orders people shouldn't be waiting months and months for in stock items to ship, is there what 1 person who works at Megalopolis and handles every aspect of the business, hire some more people if that's the case, hire your damn family if you can;t find employees I find it all hard to believe, I think with all of this coming to light this shop is going to be hit with a ton of issues, they should watch out and get things sorted or It might be the end of their business. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 4:38 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I tried to cancel the order and they said they currently are not canceling order and that they will except returned items for a 15% restocking fee... Needless to say I'm not about to get charged extra for something hasn't even been shipped.

I was like what-ever, megalopolis is a shame.. 

That sounds like its illegal. How can they charge extra for something that was never shipped. 15% re-stocking fee? Is that like processing fees, facility fees, interstate commercial communication fees, warehouse preparation fees, or other bogus nonsense?  I can tell you they wont be getting MY business, operating like that. Sounds like a mixture of greed, incompetence, and frankly attempted fraud/theft. If I were a company Id never allow my reputation to get hit like that; other will start to distance themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mako said:

I don't know either, but nine times out of ten when I order something through Amazon, it's delayed, mis-shipped (!?!) or outright lost. I've literally gone as high as you can go through the customer service chain: chats, email, phone calls, and I have no idea why this keeps happening to me. Amazon, who have the records themselves are almost as at a loss as I am. They can't explain it, nor can they deny it. They've initiated three separate investigations into why this keeps happening, but can't find anything.

Still, I can't complain to much. In a way, they're like my Dad used to be, they'll cheese me off then try and smooth things over by giving me money.

That's so weird. I wonder if they just need more competent workers. I rarely have that issue. But after dealing with Megalopolis for my second and final time, i feel for you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Northmen Collectibles. I live in Canada so I try to avoid U.S retailers when possible. I placed a pre-order for the movie Venom figure. Not only did they charge my card, but when I cancelled the order because I had found the figure in retail. They told me that it was not a valid reason and if I wanted a refund, they would charge me a 10% penalty fee. I paid the fee. I am never ordering from them again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I was the hugest honk for Dorkside. Never had a problem with them. Always responsive and always accountable and customer friendly. I stuck with them even after prices went up, even after they moved to selling full cases over complete sets. A week ago I received a big order, which took me a few days to get through. All was well, as usual, until I went to open my Rogue/Pyro set. Everything seemed on the up and up, I was careful not to damage the box, as I always am, and when I went to remove the Rogue figure I noticed it had two left arms. I stopped the unpacking and immediately contacted Dorkside. I was honest that I did open the package as the issue was not apparent in the package, but did not damage anything and the only visual that the package was even opened was the cut tape and all I wanted was a replacement of the set or just the figure as they sell that particular figure loose. It took a few days response, which is fine, but in the end they refused exchange as it was an opened item. Of course they explained they were not responsible for manufacturer flaws and I understand that. I'm not expecting anyone to be held accountable, It's no one's fault, I'm just expecting a correct product. I know for a fact that most of these pre-order Fan Channel products come directly from the manufacturer and there should be something in place for product that cannot be pre-examine by the company that sells that product. It should be returnable to the manufacturer as a flawed product whether it is opened or not. If the intention was never to handle this issue honorably I wonder why they requested pictures of the figure and flaws and the packaging with the other figure (Pyro) still securely in the blister.

I'll never order from Dorkside again, and I'm letting everyone know how they handle loyal customers for issues they had no control over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Yesterday I was the hugest honk for Dorkside. Never had a problem with them. Always responsive and always accountable and customer friendly. I stuck with them even after prices went up, even after they moved to selling full cases over complete sets. A week ago I received a big order, which took me a few days to get through. All was well, as usual, until I went to open my Rogue/Pyro set. Everything seemed on the up and up, I was careful not to damage the box, as I always am, and when I went to remove the Rogue figure I noticed it had two left arms. I stopped the unpacking and immediately contacted Dorkside. I was honest that I did open the package as the issue was not apparent in the package, but did not damage anything and the only visual that the package was even opened was the cut tape and all I wanted was a replacement of the set or just the figure as they sell that particular figure loose. It took a few days response, which is fine, but in the end they refused exchange as it was an opened item. Of course they explained they were not responsible for manufacturer flaws and I understand that. I'm not expecting anyone to be held accountable, It's no one's fault, I'm just expecting a correct product. I know for a fact that most of these pre-order Fan Channel products come directly from the manufacturer and there should be something in place for product that cannot be pre-examine by the company that sells that product. It should be returnable to the manufacturer as a flawed product whether it is opened or not. If the intention was never to handle this issue honorably I wonder why they requested pictures of the figure and flaws and the packaging with the other figure (Pyro) still securely in the blister.

I'll never order from Dorkside again, and I'm letting everyone know how they handle loyal customers for issues they had no control over.

I've had the same issue but they are correct as it is not their issue and honestly cutting them out as the middle man will make the replacement factor faster. Get  in touch with Hasbro via consumer care. https://consumercare.hasbro.com/en-us .

Target, Walgreens, Walmart are all big enough that returns like this are peanuts for them. Specially due because they buy in bulk.  Dorkside could be hurt significantly by this. But i always go straight to consumer care and they are always very quick to send out a replacement.  Now I'm not defending dorkside as they should have supplied you with the information as i have.  Collectors usually respond well to transparency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Atlantis said:

That sounds like its illegal. How can they charge extra for something that was never shipped.

I honestly can't speak for the legality of it, but it IS a Hell of a way to run a railroad. That's why most legit companies don't do it.

Take Amazon. They make their mistakes, but they step up and make them right . . . and they don't expect me to pay for their mistakes either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hogun said:

Northmen Collectibles. I live in Canada so I try to avoid U.S retailers when possible. I placed a pre-order for the movie Venom figure. Not only did they charge my card, but when I cancelled the order because I had found the figure in retail. They told me that it was not a valid reason and if I wanted a refund, they would charge me a 10% penalty fee. I paid the fee. I am never ordering from them again.

Yeah Northmen Collectibles have had many problems over the past few years, most collectors from Toronto refuse to do business with them, they have whole threads on forums where people dedicate themselves to telling their stories about how poorly they do business, from not shipping items, to not cancelling items they never got, adding re-stocking fees if you want to cancel, the owner being rude to people etc, I personally have had fine experiences with them for the most part, but they are really slow to get pre-order items it seems. I did have a recent some what annoying experience with them myself though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah Northmen Collectibles have had many problems over the past few years, most collectors from Toronto refuse to do business with them, they have whole threads on forums where people dedicate themselves to telling their stories about how poorly they do business, from not shipping items, to not cancelling items they never got, adding re-stocking fees if you want to cancel, the owner being rude to people etc, I personally have had fine experiences with them for the most part, but they are really slow to get pre-order items it seems. I did have a recent some what annoying experience with them myself though.

I've seen reviews. His responses are needlessly childish.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap! I don't know what's happened to Amazon lately, they've always been bad at fulfilling orders, but the customer service department WAS top notch. No more.

I won't go into detail about the Hell I've gone through this week trying to have a hold on funds for a canceled order released, but honestly, its to long involved, and mystifying to go into here. Suffice it to say, I've done my LAST business with Amazon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 8:38 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I tried to cancel the order and they said they currently are not canceling order and that they will except returned items for a 15% restocking fee... Needless to say I'm not about to get charged extra for something hasn't even been shipped.

I was like what-ever, megalopolis is a shame.. 

Looks like Megalopolis updated their policy today.  Probably had too many chargebacks on them.  They actually responded quickly to the email I sent a few weeks ago, but they told me they would be back on track within 2 weeks and it's been 4-5 now.

 

Quote

In-Stock Orders
In-stock orders normally cannot be cancelled or modified once pending. However, if we have exceeded acceptable fulfillment time (72 hours), we will happily cancel.

Contact customer service to initiate a cancellation (support@megalopolis.toys ; 877-599-8697)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 7:41 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Nope, @MCUcollector24 hasn't got his either. I  would normally chalk it up to Covid-19, like I am with HasbroPulse.  

But I had this happen with megalopolis the same exact way  over 4 years ago. They have terrible customer service and terrible policies. 

I finally got through to have them cancel my order.  They have been having issues like this since before covid, so they just have some shady business practices.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE