Is Jonathan Majors Set To Play A Major Marvel Bad Guy In Ant-Man 3?!?

JayC

According to Deadline, actor Jonathan Majors from HBO's new hit Lovecraft Country series is headed to the MCU. While not yet officially confirmed, sources close to the project tell Deadline he will likely be playing the Marvel Time-Travel villain known as Kang the Conqueror. Major's will be joining returning cast members Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily.

In the comics Kang has been a huge thorn in the side of both the Avengers and the Fantastic Four.

Jonathan-Majors.jpg

12 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Cool & makes sense after the time travel in Endgame via the quantum realm. The actor is quite good on lovecraft and definitely has the physique to play an mcu character 

I would love to see Kang on the screen. Obviously some changes to his storyline since he's so closely connected the Avengers (look at my icon) , but with Ant-Man's quantum travel and he himself being an Avenger (look at my icon) this is going to be so cool to explore. I just hope they keep his blue face helmet! Much more stoked about this news than the Eternals.

If anyone hasn't seen Lovecraft County, GET ON THAT.....

I wonder if they will make Kang a bit of a goof to fit in with the rest of the Ant-Man films or if they will make him the threat we know him to be? You know, Yellowjacket and Ghost aren’t exactly MAJOR villains and the previous two Ant-Man films haven’t exactly been high stakes ..

But this makes so much sense that Kang would be introduced here at the epicenter of time travel in the MCU.. and Kang is such an awesome choice.

not familiar with this actor but Lovecraft Country has been in my radar

19 minutes ago, ransomz said:

Well that's pretty cool. I'm surprised Kang is being used for a secondary character like Ant-Man, but I guess now that the original team gone, Ant-Man has moved up in stature.

I could see him being used in multiple films, but the mcu does have a tendency to go thru villains quickly, so who knows.

If he shows up in Antman the same way Thanos shows at the end of Avengers or in the first Guardians movie, then I'm good with that.  Kang is too big a deal to just be a villain in an Antman movie and nothing else. He needs to be the big threat the MCU deals with next. 

I just watched the Lovecraft last week and thought it was good. Only four episodes but good. Don't know much about Majors but MCU usually picks the right people for their parts. I wasn't sure about Brolin as Thanos at first but he did great. I can see them using Kang as cameo's or end credit scenes until his big reveal like Thanos had. Trying to remember if Kang had any minions other than red centurion or Eric the red or something like that. The big villains always have a herald to usher them in. The good news is Kang is coming and that means  fresh new action figures.

3 hours ago, silverback said:

I just watched the Lovecraft last week and thought it was good. Only four episodes but good. Don't know much about Majors but MCU usually picks the right people for their parts. I wasn't sure about Brolin as Thanos at first but he did great. I can see them using Kang as cameo's or end credit scenes until his big reveal like Thanos had. Trying to remember if Kang had any minions other than red centurion or Eric the red or something like that. The big villains always have a herald to usher them in. The good news is Kang is coming and that means  fresh new action figures.

The only minion (barring soldiers) that comes to mind is the Scarlet Centurion (Marcus Kang) his son, not to be confused with the Scarlet Centurion who is an alternate incarnation of Kang

18 hours ago, McHogan said:

I wonder if they will make Kang a bit of a goof to fit in with the rest of the Ant-Man films or if they will make him the threat we know him to be? You know, Yellowjacket and Ghost aren’t exactly MAJOR villains and the previous two Ant-Man films haven’t exactly been high stakes .

Thanks for that image. Now I'm gonna have to deal with a constant reminder of Trevor Slatery haunting my thoughts on infinite loop.

21 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I could see him being used in multiple films, but the mcu does have a tendency to go thru villains quickly, so who knows.

this is my issue with Kang being in an Ant-Man movie, Kang is too much of a big player to be a throw away villain, so they better not make him one because that would be a horrible mistake/waste of a really great villain, I could imagine him being more of a background threat puppeterring a smaller villain in this Ant-Man movie.. and save him to do some bigger damage in a different marvel movie, I'd be cool with him being set-up in Ant-Man 3 , but don't just kill him off

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

The only minion (barring soldiers) that comes to mind is the Scarlet Centurion (Marcus Kang) his son, not to be confused with the Scarlet Centurion who is an alternate incarnation of Kang

Well, since he is basically a man who can move in and out of time and reality as he pleases, I'm thinking he'll probably appear several times as any number of his personas (Rama-Tut, Iron Lad, Immortus, Scarlet Centurion, etc.) and could play bad guy in any number of movies until he has a final ultimate confrontation with the Avengers or the FF. He could reveal in the final showdown that it had been him the entire time creating all the chaos to lead up to the grand fanale.

9 hours ago, monron999 said:

Well, since he is basically a man who can move in and out of time and reality as he pleases, I'm thinking he'll probably appear several times as any number of his personas (Rama-Tut, Iron Lad, Immortus, Scarlet Centurion, etc.) and could play bad guy in any number of movies until he has a final ultimate confrontation with the Avengers or the FF. He could reveal in the final showdown that it had been him the entire time creating all the chaos to lead up to the grand fanale.

Could be possible, I could see him at least being Victor Timely and hanging around the present day without anyone knowing

They could get infinite mileage out of Kang if they do it right. I have always loved the time travel episodes on any of the sci fi shows I used to watch. I would like to see them do some retro time travel with Kang like they did with Star Trek deep space nine and the original Star Trek episodes with the Tribbles and Klingons.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 1:04 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

this is my issue with Kang being in an Ant-Man movie, Kang is too much of a big player to be a throw away villain, so they better not make him one because that would be a horrible mistake/waste of a really great villain, I could imagine him being more of a background threat puppeterring a smaller villain in this Ant-Man movie.. and save him to do some bigger damage in a different marvel movie, I'd be cool with him being set-up in Ant-Man 3 , but don't just kill him off

Wholeheartedly agree. Kang can be used to link any number of upcoming storylines and characters- Captain Marvel, Guardians, etc. It would be foolhardy to introduce him then kill him off, or play him as a goofball.

I really hope that Antman 3 is having Kang as villian because its gonna be a Fantastic Four prequel of sorts, and it makes a lot of sense, if F4 are actually team that was stuck in time or some negative zone or quantum realm. in any way I hope it's bigger story than first 2 movies that were fun in their own right but could be so much more. 

9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Kang can be used to link any number of upcoming storylines and characters- Captain Marvel, Guardians, etc. It would be foolhardy to introduce him then kill him off, or play him as a goofball.

Well, The Ghost wasn't killed off and wasn't a Goofball, so there is a chance Kang will be played properly