DIRT BAG VILLAINS!

Atlantis

Though he's an incredibly polarizing character, like all of JMS run on Amazing Spider-Man, I'd like to see Morlun.  Can't help thinking that he's practically made with those Hellfire Club bodies.  New lower legs, new head, and maybe alternate hands and he's done.  Long overdue and certainly deserves a spot in the collection for his place in the recent Spider-Man mythos.  

The rest of these picks are excellent, can't add much else to them.  

More Avengers baddies, this time from the West Coast Avengers book:

Master Pandemonium. Give him those nightmare fuel baby arms 

Shroud: a hero posing as a villain. so he fits

Classic Ultron

Arkon

Phantom Rider ( yes normally a hero but man does this version take a villainous turn)

the Hangman

5 hours ago, McHogan said:

More Avengers baddies, this time from the West Coast Avengers book:

Master Pandemonium. Give him those nightmare fuel baby arms 

Shroud: a hero posing as a villain. so he fits

Classic Ultron

Arkon

Phantom Rider ( yes normally a hero but man does this version take a villainous turn)

the Hangman

6F7AA0B3-C3C6-486E-B2FB-9F1A4B203CCD.gif

C8ADEA89-E7FE-4265-AB68-0F3FB5E15E11.jpeg

CB4F64FA-FBF4-4037-9A3B-1E044631FC80.jpeg

6BE3EBFD-07F0-4032-88A7-AADAC74693C2.png

636A26C2-C9BA-41F7-B897-A4C7707F2351.jpeg

70314034-5366-43FE-AF10-75C28D804C0E.jpeg

SHROUD would be fantastic! They just need to repaint CLOAK from a few years ago.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:13 PM, Atlantis said:

Actually when I used the term "dirt bag" i just really meant villains as a whole. For example I would never class Madame Hydra as a "lesser" foe. That woman is a slavering, dangerous psychopath maniac. I should've been clearer. So feel free to add your villains, big time, mediocre, losers! And can you imagine how Hasbro would do Spiral these days? I'd love to see that.

Gotcha. Spiral is definitely a top want that I feel like has to be getting near the top of Hasbro's priority list. I think they could knock her out of the park, but there's definitely a lot that could go wrong too. Anyway, my almost completely different revised list, then:

• Destiny
  • Exodus
  • Frenzy
  • Lady Deathstrike
  • Senyaka
  • Spiral
  • Zero (the MLF android, not the Generation Hope character)
  • BAF: Blob

13 hours ago, Benn said:

"Gotcha. Spiral is definitely a top want that I feel like has to be getting near the top of Hasbro's priority list. I think they could knock her out of the park, but there's definitely a lot that could go wrong too..."

I would hope that if they do Spiral, they wont pull what they did with 6 Armed Spider-Man. I think most collectors felt that was crappily done.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:27 AM, Benn said:

I'd be into getting the following. It's a big wave since we so desperately need more villains:

• Callisto
  • Cyber
  • Frenzy
  • Random
  • Senyaka
  • Tempo
  • Toad
  • Vanisher
  • BAF: Blob (preferably two head options: shaved sides and classic, so he can go with Mystique's Brotherhood or Toad's)

These are all either dirtbags, punching bags, or some comination, but Frenzy, Random, and Vanisher have all spent time on X-teams too, and for Frenzy and Vanisher my preferred looks just happen to be during those eras. Maybe that's cheating. I'd be happy to drop Telford for Bonebreaker (or some other Reaver), and drop Frenzy for Marrow or somebody. I kept trying to put Destiny, Lady Deathstrike, and Spiral in here, as usual, but they just didn't feel dirtbaggy enough. Senyaka's also a personal favourite, but there's no question that he's both a dirtbag and a punching bag.

spacer.pngcyber00.jpgspacer.pnge8cbba4a171fe45f310e57141976c58d.jpg9860401633b1b653043f59d1ba5ce6f1.jpgspacer.pngToad_(Mortimer_Toynbee_).pngvanisher-costume5.jpg EM56TQeU8AAJEbc.jpg:large

I'm for this. I would prefer your alternates to the modern Frenzy and Vanisher, although their classic looks would be cool.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, Benn said:

Gotcha. Spiral is definitely a top want that I feel like has to be getting near the top of Hasbro's priority list. I think they could knock her out of the park, but there's definitely a lot that could go wrong too. Anyway, my almost completely different revised list, then:

• Destiny
  • Exodus
  • Frenzy
  • Lady Deathstrike
  • Senyaka
  • Spiral
  • Zero (the MLF android, not the Generation Hope character)
  • BAF: Blob

Is Destiny on your list because she is a key character from the heyday? She had such a weird look and is an old lady. She makes kind of a funny villain. I like the rest of your list.

12 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Is Destiny on your list because she is a key character from the heyday? She had such a weird look and is an old lady. She makes kind of a funny villain. I like the rest of your list.

I personally think she looks badass, but I'm a sucker for masks that completely obscure the face, and more importantly I just think she's a really rich, interesting character. An old lady villain definitely defies stereotypes, and I just find her role as the Brotherhood's conscience, who knowingly guides them to do evil in the name of ultimately doing good (from a certain point of view), really compelling. I think her powers are awesome when penned by the right scribe, and she's also prone to occasional moments of extreme badassitude. I know it's a more recent example, but that scene in House of X where she rips Moira a new one is bone-chilling and awesome. I don't know. I'm just a fan. I'm definitely always drawn to morally complicated characters (funny to say with Senyaka on my list, but we're all allowed our guilty pleasures, right?), with Magik being my all-time favourite.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:49 PM, Benn said:

I personally think she looks badass, but I'm a sucker for masks that completely obscure the face, and more importantly I just think she's a really rich, interesting character. An old lady villain definitely defies stereotypes, and I just find her role as the Brotherhood's conscience, who knowingly guides them to do evil in the name of ultimately doing good (from a certain point of view), really compelling. I think her powers are awesome when penned by the right scribe, and she's also prone to occasional moments of extreme badassitude. I know it's a more recent example, but that scene in House of X where she rips Moira a new one is bone-chilling and awesome. I don't know. I'm just a fan. I'm definitely always drawn to morally complicated characters (funny to say with Senyaka on my list, but we're all allowed our guilty pleasures, right?), with Magik being my all-time favourite.

That's cool. A toy for her character would indeed look cool, and wouldn't really look like an old person anyway. What about the other geriatric Freedom Force members? Destiny is an important character going back, and if she is back in the modern comics she would probably work. 

I went with a Wolverine villains wave.

Cyber: He looks cool. If they could chrome him that would be a nice touch.

Bloodscream: He looks cool too. Maybe a normal head and a "Violator" head.

Roughhouse: To go with Bloodscream.

Donald Pierce: Reavers outfit.

Cylla: pairs with both Pierce and Bloodscream according to the early 90's issues.

Albert: This could be the "Wolverine" of the line, with Elsie Dee sidekick.

Silver Fox: With giant gun.

BAF: Shiva

80298-167249-cylla.jpg

80299-64263-cyber.jpg

2997035-albert-wolverine#51-elsie_dee's_new_body.jpg

bloodscream06.jpg

dp.jpg

r and b.jpg

shiva.jpg

silver fox.png

11 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

That's cool. A toy for her character would indeed look cool, and wouldn't really look like an old person anyway...

Oh I think with the facial sculpting they've been doing lately, they could definitely do her justice. In fact the more I think about it, the more they really should offer her maskless head when they do Destiny.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Okay, it looks like we're getting an official BRING ON THE BAD GUYS wave:

1. Arcade
  2. Dormammu
  3. __________
  4. __________
  5. __________
  6. __________
  • Build-a-Figure: __________

Fill in the blanks. Who do you want/think we'll see?

I want to hope we will see

3. Classic Ultron

4. Classic Red Skull

5. Classic Mandarin

6. Viper

BAF = MODOK

get some of those much needed villains out the way with this one

would have added Baron Mordo, but we are getting Dormammu so we got a Strangeish villain covered

I hope this wave rocks, and we get more of them , because a full on bad guy wave has been a much desired thing for me since... well since Legends

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Okay, it looks like we're getting an official BRING ON THE BAD GUYS wave:

1. Arcade
  2. Dormammu
  3.  Equinox___
  4.  Spiral
  5. Firebrand________
  6. Gladiator______
  • Build-a-Figure: _Griffin

Was gonna go with Ultron, Adaptoid, Titanium Man, Annihilus, the Brood or Deathbird but figured those will be reserved for the Avengers, Iron Man, F4, X-Men or Captain Marvel

equ.jpg

I've been thinking about the eventual build-a-figure for the villains wave, and I keep coming back to Mr. Hyde or another version of Abomination. I know that Abomination just got a figure in the first Gamerverse Avengers wave but he could use another comic book version. The one from four or five years ago is undersized compared to the new Hulk body; they could even give him a variant head that looks like the creepy Facehugger thing from the current Immortal Hulk comics.

Mister Hyde seems like another likely source because he can reuse a few existing parts, like the Kingpin's arms and/or legs, just like the Gamerverse Joe Fixit does. I don't know, for some reason, these two are jumping out at me as the most likely contenders for a Bring On the Bad Guys BAF. Other dark horse contender would be Zzzax. 

I don't think it'll be Annihilus, Titanium Man, or anyone too connected to the Fantastic Four or Iron Man, since we might be getting retro waves of those characters in the future.