Thanos Strikes In Eternals #2

JayC

The Mad Titan has returned. In the aftermath of an Eternal’s death, Ikaris goes up against Thanos in the heart of a city twisted by time. This epic battle will be explored in ETERNALS #2 and will reveal the monumental role Thanos will play in this bold new vision of Jack Kirby’s classic Marvel creation.

In ETERNALS, mastermind creators Kieron Gillen (The Wicked + The Divine, Uncanny X-Men, Thor) and Esad Ribić (Secret Wars, King Thor) will take readers on an unpredictable journey that will change everything you thought you knew about this enigmatic group of heroes. This groundbreaking series will serve as a perfect entry point for longtime fans or those experiencing these iconic characters for the first time and will redefine what it truly means to be ETERNAL.

Don’t miss the shocking return of one of Marvel’s most feared villains when ETERNALS #2 hits stands in December!

ETERNALS #2
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Art and Cover by ESAD RIBIĆ

Eternals-2.jpg

Errr....what! Ummm.....longtime fans? Huh, I'm sure all three of them will be ecstatic. Let's not act like this book is something it isn't fellas. Nobody asked for this and the next person that says "Man, I wish they would reboot a marginally successful comic series based on those relatively lukewarm supporting characters The Eternals that never really met expectations.", will be the first. And I'm sure Stan Lee and Jack Kirby are just looking down with baited breath on the prospect of yet another one of their creations being turned into another politically driven train wreck at light speed. Let's all just call it for what it is and recognize that this book was just supposed to try and cash in on the boost of interest the movie was going to be bringing to the characters. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the plague is gonna spoil those plans. 

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Errr....what! Ummm.....longtime fans? Huh, I'm sure all three of them will be ecstatic. Let's not act like this book is something it isn't fellas. Nobody asked for this and the next person that says "Man, I wish they would reboot a marginally successful comic series based on those relatively lukewarm supporting characters The Eternals that never really met expectations.", will be the first. And I'm sure Stan Lee and Jack Kirby are just looking down with baited breath on the prospect of yet another one of their creations being turned into another politically driven train wreck at light speed. Let's all just call it for what it is and recognize that this book was just supposed to try and cash in on the boost of interest the movie was going to be bringing to the characters. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the plague is gonna spoil those plans. 

Well, at least you're not bitter. Unfortunately, you ain't wrong either.

While we're at it, anybody else feel that tinge of anger when these cut-and-paste publicity releases name drop masters like Lee and Kirby only to make a ham-fisted segue to whatever low-rent wannabees are doing a given book?

17 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I loved Neil Gaiman's Eternals, but I'm still not interested in this, even more so that Thanos is being used again.

Reminds me of when Marvel started whoring out the Punisher back in the day to any title just to increase sales. Now It's Thanos's turn. Still won't help sales for that sorry team.

Every statement above I am in complete agreement with. This book will just be the next in a long line of failed Eternals books that start (marginally) strong then are quietly canceled due to low sales and lower interest.

RRRReally think Marvel/ Disney/ MCU are overestimating the <ahem> popularity of these characters. Or their hubris has gotten to the point where even they think they can do no wrong

either way, assuming this isn’t a limited series this book will be gone in less than a year

11 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Reminds me of when Marvel started whoring out the Punisher back in the day to any title just to increase sales. Now It's Thanos's turn. Still won't help sales for that sorry team.

We have had Spider-man publicity, Punisher publicity, Wolverine publicity and now Thanos publicity.

Well I do generally like Kieron Gillen’s writing and I dig Esad Ribic’s artwork so I guess I have some hope this series will be good, but since I don’t buy floppies I’ll have to wait for the trade. Eternals generally don’t float my boat but maybe Kieron can make them interesting depending on how creative he’s allowed to get with them. Would just as soon not have Thanos involved as I feel he is overused at this point but whatever

18 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Well I do generally like Kieron Gillen’s writing and I dig Esad Ribic’s artwork so I guess I have some hope this series will be good, but since I don’t buy floppies I’ll have to wait for the trade. Eternals generally don’t float my boat but maybe Kieron can make them interesting depending on how creative he’s allowed to get with them. Would just as soon not have Thanos involved as I feel he is overused at this point but whatever

Same here; if the reviews are good I may get the trade

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

LMAO!!!  This literally made me laugh out loud...it's exactly what I was thinking, too, just put much more eloquently than I could have put it.

I'll buy the first 4 or 5 issues (I pretty much do that with all new Marvel books) and see if I get hooked.  I'm betting I won't, as I've never been a fan of these characters.  However, I'm like a nosy busy body in the Marvel Universe, and always have to know what's going on in each corner of the universe, lol.  That's really the only reason I'll buy the first few issues.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:46 AM, monron999 said:

No one asked for a convoluted, character diluting venomized series of comics or that contest of champions. At least the Eternals have the ability to start fresh. Revisit some character and give them some more interesting characteristics. Obviously using Thanos was a good way to go as Thanos always draws in readers. I am not extremely interest in this, but that's just cause i prefer pre Disney writers/writing. 

51 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

No one asked for a convoluted, character diluting venomized series of comics or that contest of champions. At least the Eternals have the ability to start fresh. Revisit some character and give them some more interesting characteristics. Obviously using Thanos was a good way to go as Thanos always draws in readers. I am not extremely interest in this, but that's just cause i prefer pre Disney writers/writing. 

As do I, my friend.....as do I.