Tatiana Maslany From Orphan Black Is The MCU's She-Hulk

JayC

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Good God, this is a show bout make believe creatures, superheroes/villians, wtf does "ethics" come into play?? Her origin comes from getting a blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce or she dies, that's what needs to be shown in the show, period!

Exactly, also the fact that Bruce knows he could possibly turn his cousin into a Hulk would add some more tension to those scenes

• 4 weeks later...
Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) in a recent interview with The Sudbury Star denies a report made by Variety last month that she is involved with the upcoming Disney+ She-Hulk series.

Q: I was hoping to ask you about some of the stuff you’ve got going on too. Obviously you are the new She-Hulk, which is a pretty big deal —

A: That actually isn’t a real thing and it’s like a press release that’s gotten out of hand. It’s totally not — I’ve been connected to these things in the past and press has gotten onto it, but it’s not actually a thing, unfortunately.
Q: Seriously? I think I even saw it on the BBC, like serious news outlets.

A: Yeah, I don’t know how these things get — I don’t know, I don’t know. You know better; I have no idea. (Laughs.)

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:26 PM, JayC said:

Variety is reporting that actress Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) has been selected to play the lead role in the upcoming Disney+ She-Hulk series. She will be playing the character of Jennifer Walters ….

Tatiana-Maslany.jpg

Oddly enough, today Tatiana herself says this is a rumor and that she's not in the role. Well guess she should know. Its too bad because I frankly think this woman is a fantastic actress and would really elevate a She-Hulk feature. 

But until Marvel/Disney put out their official statement, nothing’s verified. Or maybe this is a big fake out because after all, production hasn't even started yet. Maybe she will wind up on the show.

#sarahalisoncosimahelena

Actually really cool with this. I do enjoy her in Orphan Black and she's a hell of an actor for what passes as an Award Winning Actor these days (see: the MCU's current anointed one), but if was really forcing myself to like her as She-Hulk. I know Marvel Studios does wonders with converting actors to heroes, but she really doesn't look the part.

Speaking of available actors from GLOW, I could actually see Betty Gilpin as a better fit than Alison Brie.

13 hours ago, Satam said:

Because she's taller or what?

Generally, she's actually only 5'7" but if anyone sees her standing next to Alison Brie or any other of her costars she actually seems much taller. Also, if anyone actually saw her in The Hunt she manages to pull off the BA role pretty good, and she has that frame, similar to Hillary Swank or Jessica Biel where packing on a few pounds of muscle would make her look substantially more imposing and it would be easily maintainable throughout the filming process.

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

Generally, she's actually only 5'7" but if anyone sees her standing next to Alison Brie or any other of her costars she actually seems much taller. Also, if anyone actually saw her in The Hunt she manages to pull off the BA role pretty good, and she has that frame, similar to Hillary Swank or Jessica Biel where packing on a few pounds of muscle would make her look substantially more imposing and it would be easily maintainable throughout the filming process.

Either way, I imagine the whole She-Hulk thing is going to be done through special effects.  Alison Brie more closely resembles Mark Ruffalo and is more believable as his cousin, and as much as I like Betty Gilpin, Alison Brie has better comedic sensibilities and has better range, in general.  That said, I wouldn't be remotely unhappy if Betty Gilpin were cast.