Target Exclusive Marvel Legends 6" X-Men Series Storm and Marvel's Thunderbird 2-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

15 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Ha. The preference of course is to get two heads in the pack per character (or more a la Nightcrawler), one non-action and the other screaming but if given just one, what's the consensus for Banshee and/or Siryn? Screaming or non-screaming?

I'll take screaming over bland/neutral if there's only one head.  

On another note, others are finding a street date of 10/4 at Target for the Storm set so i guess unless you're good at smooth-talking target employees maybe hold off on the hunt for a little while longer. 

2 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Are we gonna be picking up this two pack for each other? I'll try to get two extra. We'll see how that goes lok

I'm good with this idea. Depending on how many my store gets (we actually only have one) I'll get as many as I can, short of becoming a douche hoarder that I hate, and see if anyone here missed out. That's assuming I can land any at all.

58 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Ha. The preference of course is to get two heads in the pack per character (or more a la Nightcrawler), one non-action and the other screaming but if given just one, what's the consensus for Banshee and/or Siryn? Screaming or non-screaming?

Specifically for Banshee and/or Siryn, gotta be screaming.

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Hasbro would be flamin idiots to not include both screaming/non screaming head sculpts. 

3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

LOL, right tho. I mean if Banshee isn't yelling he's pretty useless. 

Yeah that would make about as much sense as making Falcon without his wings. Besides they gave Black Bolt a great screaming head, so we know they know how to do it. The two pack idea of Banshee and Siryn is a good one...they could do a running change where he has his original green/yellow outfit and she's in the X-Men's Jim Lee style training costume, and then alternate it. How's that for a marketing ploy, Hasbro? For her original outfit they can borrow Dazzler's bell bottoms!

banshee-sir.jpg

32 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah that would make about as much sense as making Falcon without his wings. Besides they gave Black Bolt a great screaming head, so we know they know how to do it. The two pack idea of Banshee and Siryn is a good one...they could do a running change where he has his original green/yellow outfit and she's in the X-Men's Jim Lee style training costume, and then alternate it. For her original outfit they can borrow Dazzler's bell bottoms!

banshee-sir.jpg

I bet we get a Blue and gold version first because they already did the green, I'd be down for the two pack!. 

I would love this storm to complete my xmen arcade team lineup but being a target exclusive pretty much means I ll never see it. The only target exclusive Ive ever been able to get was Spiral years ago and never saw her again or the wave after that. 

25 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I would love this storm to complete my xmen arcade team lineup but being a target exclusive pretty much means I ll never see it. The only target exclusive Ive ever been able to get was Spiral years ago and never saw her again or the wave after that. 

I haven't seen a Target Exclusive since Red Hulk Wolverine...Really don't wanna pay a scalper for this one.

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I bet we get a Blue and gold version first because they already did the green, I'd be down for the two pack!. 

I beg to differ. With Storm/T-Bird 2 pack, they are only lacking classic Banshee to complete the All new classic team.  Green version needs to be 1st as an "apology" for that monstrosity they gave us during their early days of taking over the line.  

They wanna do a Blue/Yellow team, make it a boxset ala the Alpha Flight set from last Dec. 

Generic bucks for all with just new head sculpts.

BECIWXv.jpg

11 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I beg to differ. With Storm/T-Bird 2 pack, they are only lacking classic Banshee to complete the All new classic team.  Green version needs to be 1st as an "apology" for that monstrosity they gave us during their early days of taking over the line.  

They wanna do a Blue/Yellow team, make it a boxset ala the Alpha Flight set from last Dec. 

Generic bucks for all with just new head sculpts.

BECIWXv.jpg

Okay fine, you win, i guess we'll see. I hope they do the Green version as it would be my preferred version.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah that would make about as much sense as making Falcon without his wings. Besides they gave Black Bolt a great screaming head, so we know they know how to do it. The two pack idea of Banshee and Siryn is a good one...they could do a running change where he has his original green/yellow outfit and she's in the X-Men's Jim Lee style training costume, and then alternate it. For her original outfit they can borrow Dazzler's bell bottoms!

banshee-sir.jpg

Probably in the minority here but I'd like a Banshee head with his Ozzy Osbourne sunglasses, Generation X style

Generation_X_002_00.jpg

If we are getting Banshee, he must come with some sort of effect accessory that will reflect his  powers, it won't be easy but it can be done, it shouldn't be giant just big enough to standout on the shelf and light enough so it won't make head articulation problematic. I guess ideally there should be separate head that's gonna have voice effect part be the part of the mold for better stability. 

sean_cassidy__banshee_by_ryancamansa_d3iluav-fullview.jpg

On 9/19/2020 at 2:40 PM, SpiderS said:

Yes, Storm's chest looks weird, it's not just boobs being small compared to her previous figures but the whole upper torso is too small and not wide enough, maybe it's like super early version but having just read Claremonts early X-Men she was well grown at the time of putting this costume on...

Yeah funny how some people are saying there's nothing wrong with her chest. I will admit these photos look better than some others I've seen, but still its like someone took the flat end of a shovel to her. In the comics, this is what Storm looked like and what her figure should look like. I am happy that its not quite as bad as the first pics showed, and really glad they went with that glossy black instead of flat. The two poncho capes are very cool!

15 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah funny how some people are saying there's nothing wrong with her chest. I will admit these photos look better than some others I've seen, but still its like someone took the flat end of a shovel to her. In the comics, this is what Storm looked like and what her figure should look like. I am happy that its not quite as bad as the first pics showed, and really glad they went with that glossy black instead of flat. The two poncho capes are very cool!

STORMM.jpg

Yes, why couldn't they sculpt the exact same thing they did with 90s Storm or rework that torso or use numerous other upper bodies they already have in their body part library. I guess they had to make sacrifices just to give us costume that is too revealing for media character today and giving her accurate upper torso would be too much. 

20 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

"...Not sure what you mean about chest errors though; looks accurate to Byrne's work on the comics to me..."

Her upper torso looks flat, almost deformed and is not in proportion to the rest of her. Here are some examples of Byrne's work with her, alongside John Romita and the master, Dave Cockrum. Storm is a tall, robust woman....she is not spindly or fragile. The figure is good, just saying they could've done better and its baffling why they didn't just use the previous Storm just recently released. Add the pinless legs and you're good to go. Honestly, the decisions they make are just baffling at times.

John Romita. Dave Cockrum.  John Bryne. Now THOSE are Marvel Legends, folks. Damn, I miss their artwork.

STORMM.jpg

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Her upper torso looks flat, almost deformed and is not in proportion to the rest of her. Here are some examples of Byrne's work with her, alongside John Romita and the master, Dave Cockrum. Storm is a tall, robust woman....she is not spindly or fragile. The figure is good, just saying they could've done better and its baffling why they didn't just use the previous Storm just recently released. Add the pinless legs and you're good to go. Honestly, the decisions they make are just baffling at times.

John Romita. Dave Cockrum.  John Bryne. Now THOSE are Marvel Legends, folks. Damn, I miss their artwork.

STORMM.jpg

Ah...you were to referring to an error of "volume," 🙂. Yes, true enough the figure definitely isn't as well endowed in the breasts as all that glorious classic art (which I sorely miss too), but looking at her in hand, they don't look deformed, just smaller. And I'm with you on the art; I definitely would have preferred the taller, fuller-figured Goddess of the classic era, but as is, with her hair and healed boots she still stands noticeably taller than the rest of the Kate Bishop(?) body figures, and she's tad thicker in the thighs. (they even sculpted bum cheeks in the legs for a more realistic super-hero 'bathing suit' look. (I'm just saying, please no one get offended by that!).   

But yes, while I don't agree in Storm's case here, they do indeed make strange decisions at times, and don't get me started on Roided out Malekith, lol.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

STORMM.jpg

For my $$, Byrne drew the best versions of X-Men ever! Him & Perez are my top 2 all time faves!

Oh hey Enzo ^

just thought I'd mention if the fellow Canadian's hadn't noticed yet TRU has this pack up on the website

it sadly is sold out right now, but let's hope for all of us it comes back in ample stock and we can grab it

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Hasbro-Marvel-X-Men-Series-6-inch-Collectible-Storm-and-Marvel-s-Thunderbird-Action-Figure-Toys---R-Exclusive/745F9B16.html

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh hey Enzo ^

just thought I'd mention if the fellow Canadian's hadn't noticed yet TRU has this pack up on the website

it sadly is sold out right now, but let's hope for all of us it comes back in ample stock and we can grab it

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Hasbro-Marvel-X-Men-Series-6-inch-Collectible-Storm-and-Marvel-s-Thunderbird-Action-Figure-Toys---R-Exclusive/745F9B16.html

Nice! Hopefully when it does show up TRU will have some sort of sale on Legends.