New WandaVision Trailer And A Glimpse Of Falcon And The Winter Soldier

JayC

The first trailer for WandaVision has been released by Disney+. While now specific premier date has been announced, it looks like it will air in either later November or December timeframe.

Also there is a new Trailer for Disney+ that has been released that gives us our first glimpse of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Be careful cause if you blink you might miss it.

Wanda-Vision.jpg

If the Scarlet Witch is reality warping here ( and we cant really tell one way or the other) I'd wonder why she's using American sitcom scenarios from the 50s-80s....she wasn't born in the USA so seems her references would pull from her own experiences. And the bit about Vision being dead...that never made sense to me from the movie. As a synthezoid he was never actually "alive" in the first place, and you cant convince me Ultron didn't have some failsafe memory program stashed somewhere in event that his supposedly indestructible new form was destroyed, just allowing him to download into another body when he needed. 

Coolest moment was seeing him in his pseudo -original costume. :biggrin:

(Take note, Hasbro....even there, they gave him the cord around his collar)

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If the Scarlet Witch is reality warping here ( and we cant really tell one way or the other) I'd wonder why she's using American sitcom scenarios from the 50s-80s....she wasn't born in the USA so seems her references would pull from her own experiences. And the bit about Vision being dead...that never made sense to me from the movie. As a synthezoid he was never actually "alive" in the first place, and you cant convince me Ultron didn't have some failsafe memory program stashed somewhere in event that his supposedly indestructible new form was destroyed, just allowing him to download into another body when he needed. 

I believe part of the premise is that Wanda has been watching old American sitcoms in order to acclimate to the culture. Many immigrants watch TV to help them learn English; I had a teacher from Vietnam who learned English by watching old "The Three Stooges" episodes.

I cannot wait for WandaVision, I always wanted to see her reality warping powers and psychosis due to her repeated stress and loss be shown in MCU, but now with the series we can actually see the full picture of her psychological trauma? Unless I'm wrong and Nightmare and or Mephisto is creating all this to use Wanda and her powers for some nefarious ends. Either way they are going  in right  direction so far.

Welcome to WandaVision!

The series is a blend of classic television and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision -- two super-powered beings living idealized suburban lives -- begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.

WandaVision stars Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Kathryn Hahn, Teyonah Parris, Kat Dennings, Randall Park, Debra Jo Rupp, Fred Melamed

wandavision_xlg.jpg

4 hours ago, Mangle77 said:

I believe part of the premise is that Wanda has been watching old American sitcoms in order to acclimate to the culture. Many immigrants watch TV to help them learn English; I had a teacher from Vietnam who learned English by watching old "The Three Stooges" episodes.

Oh yeah I ran into that lady. Every time I asked her a question she would go "nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk, wiseguy" before answering. It got to be an OCD thing with her and eventually she was committed. Poor thing (at least Arkham has cable).

Seriously though, while that may work in some way..she already knows English, and watching old reruns of "I Love Lucy"  isn't going to acclimate her to America in the 21st century.

Maybe she just got stuck at home and got addicted to watching those syndicated shows. I still love those Twilight Zone marathons that show up every year.

Still, I just wanna see Vision in his costume....

10 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I cannot wait for WandaVision, I always wanted to see her reality warping powers and psychosis due to her repeated stress and loss be shown in MCU, but now with the series we can actually see the full picture of her psychological trauma? Unless I'm wrong and Nightmare and or Mephisto is creating all this to use Wanda and her powers for some nefarious ends. Either way they are going  in right  direction so far.

I never wanted to see her reality warping powers and psychosis in the MCU and I wish they were retconed out of the comics as well. It was written by a hack who couldn't even do an ounce of research and wrecked the character. Even 15 years later, she is stuck with what happened.

I'm still going with my theory that it is all Nightmare's doing and that he is targeting Wanda and other mystics, which leads on the Strange asking for Wanda's help and her appearance in Dr. Strange 2

15 hours ago, leokearon said:

".....I wish they were retconed out of the comics as well. It was written by a hack who couldn't even do an ounce of research and wrecked the character. Even 15 years later, she is stuck with what happened...."

Oh do be careful.....I criticized some of the comic industries' writers for very much the same thing and had my post deleted.

I agree with you, and feel the same way about the "writing" on Spider-Man with that whole disgusting Gwen storyline....ruined her character and really made me stop buying the comic. I share your hope that for the Wanda Vision show, they wont bring over the mess from that era. I'm very curious to see the Vision back, and hope they can focus on the two of them and stay away from this nutzo idea of them having kids.

8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Oh do be careful.....I criticized some of the comic industries' writers for very much the same thing and had my post deleted.

I agree with you, and feel the same way about the "writing" on Spider-Man with that whole disgusting Gwen storyline....ruined her character and really made me stop buying the comic. I share your hope that for the Wanda Vision show, they wont bring over the mess from that era. I'm very curious to see the Vision back, and hope they can focus on the two of them and stay away from this nutzo idea of them having kids.

There is nothing wrong with Wanda and Vision having kids (and they are shown to have them in the trailer)  it just has to be done better than the comics, where Wanda used some magic nonsense to make them. Given that the Vision is an artificial man down to the last detail. he should have sperm. Hopefully this will take more inspiration from the couple's second mini series than anything in the last 15 years

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

There is nothing wrong with Wanda and Vision having kids (and they are shown to have them in the trailer)  it just has to be done better than the comics, where Wanda used some magic nonsense to make them. Given that the Vision is an artificial man down to the last detail. he should have sperm. Hopefully this will take more inspiration from the couple's second mini series than anything in the last 15 years

I dunno about Vision being a man down to the last detail - in Civil War its pretty heavily implied that he doesn't eat (hence the recipe he has Wanda try out tastes terrible).  Maybe they needed Drax around to ask him if he has a penis lol. Honestly i'd be pretty happy if it turns out Vision is *truly* back and he and Wanda are a happy couple,  I suspect any kids that show up will be due to Wanda's reality-altering shenanigans.  I'm with you on the comics really botching this though, Wandavision have not had an easy time at the hands of marvel comic writers.

Given the alternate realities we'll apparently be seeing, and Wanda's comics history, I'm pretty sure it'll be revealed (maybe as an eleventh hour twist) that Vision really is dead, and the entire life they appear to be leading is all an illusion manifested by Wanda's powers. Sort of like what John Anderson's character was doing on the "Survivors" episode of ST:TNG.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, Atlantis said:

It's actually very common for American television to be televised in other parts of the world. Europe and England do have their own Broadcasting stations but it's possible being imprisoned and or just growing up in SOKOVIA, they may have been broadcasting old American television. Other countries commonly understand English to some degree. 

Also in the comics, there was a story in which she held a secret separate life for herself that she had comprised for herself. 

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I dunno about Vision being a man down to the last detail - in Civil War its pretty heavily implied that he doesn't eat (hence the recipe he has Wanda try out tastes terrible).  Maybe they needed Drax around to ask him if he has a penis lol. Honestly i'd be pretty happy if it turns out Vision is *truly* back and he and Wanda are a happy couple,  I suspect any kids that show up will be due to Wanda's reality-altering shenanigans.  I'm with you on the comics really botching this though, Wandavision have not had an easy time at the hands of marvel comic writers.

I was more referring to the comics regards the Vision's biology. The MCU Vision' s biology hasn't really been explored

As for Vision and the twins in the show. I hope they are real and not the creation of some fake reality created by someone like Nightmare

On 9/21/2020 at 3:52 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Benedict Cumberbatch is gonna show up as Doctor Strange, even MORE interesting, Evan Peters is listed in the cast, but his character hasn't been named yet.... Maybe Quicksilver will be the first mutant we see in the MCU...

Swear to Jeebus if they make Evan Peters version of Quicksilver MCU cannon over Aaron Taylor Johnson’s I’ll riot!!!

Still don’t get the lack of Legends love for Johnson’s Quicksilver. You’d think that his one appearance in a film that out grossed all appearances of Peters version would warrant a Legend. Go the Cap Winter Soldier route and make a movie accurate suit with a generic head ( maybe even one that can replace the Family Matters head misstep if the actor won’t approve the likeness..at this point I’d take anything ( except a Fox Quicksilver)

On 9/22/2020 at 6:42 PM, Atlantis said:

I hate what Bendis did to Wanda too.. F that guy

Kinda like the whole sitcom is my reality thing. As others have said I really hope they do not follow Bendis’s lead and make Wanda evil/ crazy. With Nightmare on the doorstep in Dr Strange 2 let’s hope he is pulling some strings. 

Never been a fan of any Avengers heel turn for sales sake

does seem odd that two deaths that took were Wanda’s brother and Appliance..

22 hours ago, leokearon said:

I'm not saying that physically, he couldnt  have kids (though why he would have the ability to impregnate a human female makes no sense to me. This is something that DC has effed up with Superman; regardless of what he looks like, he's an alien with alien physiology and biologically, shouldnt be able to have kids with Lois. Even Namor's mom had a difficult pregnancy carrying him to term from a human).

But besides all that....from a writing/character standpoint, saddling them with kids this early is just going to muck things up. I cant count how many times writers have given tv/movie characters kids, and then clearly didnt know what to do with them and had to wind up writing them out some way (even the Vision solo series, they never bother to explain how, but he creates his wife, son and daughter and by the end theyre all wiped out; they kept the daughter so they could have a teen female version of Vision, but there you go). These two havent even been together that long- hell, the Vision is what, only a few years old? The writers need time to build him, to explore.