New WandaVision Trailer And A Glimpse Of Falcon And The Winter Soldier

JayC

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm not saying that physically, he couldnt  have kids (though why he would have the ability to impregnate a human female makes no sense to me. This is something that DC has effed up with Superman; regardless of what he looks like, he's an alien with alien physiology and biologically, shouldnt be able to have kids with Lois. Even Namor's mom had a difficult pregnancy carrying him to term from a human).

But besides all that....from a writing/character standpoint, saddling them with kids this early is just going to muck things up. I cant count how many times writers have given tv/movie characters kids, and then clearly didnt know what to do with them and had to wind up writing them out some way (even the Vision solo series, they never bother to explain how, but he creates his wife, son and daughter and by the end theyre all wiped out; they kept the daughter so they could have a teen female version of Vision, but there you go). These two havent even been together that long- hell, the Vision is what, only a few years old? The writers need time to build him, to explore. 

Well he's based on/is the original Human Torch who was designed to be an artificial man and Jim can give blood transfusions, so logically there is no reason either of the them couldn't have kids. (My theory is that Ultron dummied out the sperm code when he created the Vision and no-one thought of reinstating it)

As for the kids, given that the twins are rumoured to be teenagers at some point in this show; it seems WandaVision probably takes place over a couple of decades  in the reality, while in the real world maybe a couple of days/weeks pass. Also it seems they realy want to get the Young Avengers going, with Cassie now a teen and Kate Bishop being planned.

Yeah I got the impression  that Wanda’s little world is hidden and in some sort of sub realm ( for lack of a better term). As evidenced by the lady getting forcibly removed from the old timey  era in day light to what looks like a modern era at night.

im really hoping that they don’t turn Wanda evil. Maybe it will be like Civil War and the only resemblance to the comic story was the name.. 

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

Yeah I got the impression  that Wanda’s little world is hidden and in some sort of sub realm ( for lack of a better term). As evidenced by the lady getting forcibly removed from the old timey  era in day light to what looks like a modern era at night.

im really hoping that they don’t turn Wanda evil. Maybe it will be like Civil War and the only resemblance to the comic story was the name.. 

Aslo there looks like whoever is being thrown out (maybe Monica) you can see she gets flung throw what looks like a barrier of some kind

15 hours ago, McHogan said:

Swear to Jeebus if they make Evan Peters version of Quicksilver MCU cannon over Aaron Taylor Johnson’s I’ll riot!!!

Still don’t get the lack of Legends love for Johnson’s Quicksilver. You’d think that his one appearance in a film that out grossed all appearances of Peters version would warrant a Legend. Go the Cap Winter Soldier route and make a movie accurate suit with a generic head ( maybe even one that can replace the Family Matters head misstep if the actor won’t approve the likeness..at this point I’d take anything ( except a Fox Quicksilver)

The whole Quicksilver thing is a mess, he really shouldn't have been killed off, but Marvel didn't want to have a character Fox was also using at the time, so he got axed...As for a figure, I don't know if there was a likeness rights thing, because he got a 2.5" figure AND a Hot Toys figure, I think Hasbro just didn't wanna "waste time" making a Legend that they couldn't release multiple figures of for each movie.

59 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

The whole Quicksilver thing is a mess, he really shouldn't have been killed off, but Marvel didn't want to have a character Fox was also using at the time, so he got axed...As for a figure, I don't know if there was a likeness rights thing, because he got a 2.5" figure AND a Hot Toys figure, I think Hasbro just didn't wanna "waste time" making a Legend that they couldn't release multiple figures of for each movie.

You may be onto something. Maybe part of their nefarious scheme to build up interest then strike while the irons hot and release him in a 2 or 3 pack  with repaints of readily available characters...

man, deja vu.. has this already happened?!?

7 minutes ago, McHogan said:

You may be onto something. Maybe part of their nefarious scheme to build up interest then strike while the irons hot and release him in a 2 or 3 pack  with repaints of readily available characters...

man, deja vu.. has this already happened?!?

Look how many MCU villains got "two packed" years after their respective movies came out, I'm guessing there'll be quite a few Disney+ boxed sets in 2021-22, depending on when She Hulk starts production.

11 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Look how many MCU villains got "two packed" years after their respective movies came out, I'm guessing there'll be quite a few Disney+ boxed sets in 2021-22, depending on when She Hulk starts production.

I agree, I’m just as sure the Disney+ shows will get some love. Hate to admit but I’m a sucker for MCU figures so based on past experience I’ll snag them at full price when they first release then kick myself when they eventually discount to half price. 

What can I say, I have little to none impulse control for Legends

• 1 month later...

Since my free Disney plus subscription expires any day now, I'll probably wait and see what word of mouth is on this series before deciding whether to pay to see it.  Mando is cool but can't really justify buying a subscription just to watch one show.   Still boggles my mind that Disney plus' plan was to launch with basically one new show and then offer no new live-action content until the mcu series.. and yes i understand covid delayed things but even without that their best case scenario seemed to rely on at least 6 months between the end of mando s1 and the next new series.  I guess they figured kids begging their parents for a subscription along with dedicated marvel and star wars fans would be enough for them to get by.