Disney Shuffles MCU Movie Schedule Around Again, Starting With Black Widow Going To May 2021

JayC

We knew it was coming, but Disney has announced that they are shifting the release dates for the next round of MCU movies to the following. Black Widow is moving to a May 7, 2021 release, Shang Chi is going to 7/9/21 and Eternals is now getting a November 5, 2021 release date.

9 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Won't blame them to be honest. Even with all the protocols in place, I'm still don't feel confident going back into cinemas.

True. Everything that opened up around here is facing being shut down again because of new illnesses. We can beat this thing, but we're gonna have to get smarter and more patient.

Come on man, just give us Black Widow on Digital, don't push these back forever, now we have to wait and wait for the real meat of Phase 4, because we have to be subjected to constant push backs for these entry movies.. I want Dr. Strange 2, Thor 3, Fantastic 4, X-Men, now we have to wait even longer because we have to wait on Black Widow and Eternals and Shang-Chi... come on man

if these movies get pushed back beyond this point, I'm boycotting even paying for them at all.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Come on man, just give us Black Widow on Digital, don't push these back forever, now we have to wait and wait for the real meat of Phase 4, because we have to be subjected to constant push backs for these entry movies.. I want Dr. Strange 2, Thor 3, Fantastic 4, X-Men, now we have to wait even longer because we have to wait on Black Widow and Eternals and Shang-Chi... come on man

if these movies get pushed back beyond this point, I'm boycotting even paying for them at all.

The movie theater industry itself is probably BEGGING Disney not to release any Marvel films on digital vs. pushing them back (because they're going to want the big blockbusters in the theaters so they can make money off of them when they re-open).  And unless you want that industry to dry up completely (I don't), then yeah...I'll accept them pushing some things back further until it's both safe for people to go and profitable for the companies involved.  

Mulan may change Disney's mind, but Mulan also had a tiny bit of controversy attached to it so they might have felt "safer" dumping it to home digital.

Either way, boycotting because movies are getting pushed back in a freaking pandemic is about the silliest thing I've heard lately.  Are the movies going to be less enjoyable because you had to wait longer to see them?  

8 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

The movie theater industry itself is probably BEGGING Disney not to release any Marvel films on digital vs. pushing them back (because they're going to want the big blockbusters in the theaters so they can make money off of them when they re-open).  And unless you want that industry to dry up completely (I don't), then yeah...I'll accept them pushing some things back further until it's both safe for people to go and profitable for the companies involved.  

Mulan may change Disney's mind, but Mulan also had a tiny bit of controversy attached to it so they might have felt "safer" dumping it to home digital.

Either way, boycotting because movies are getting pushed back in a freaking pandemic is about the silliest thing I've heard lately.  Are the movies going to be less enjoyable because you had to wait longer to see them?  

Yeah honestly , yes correct to all , I believe I made that statement at the time more so because of my dismay that it's going to be so long until we get these movies, or currently ever, I'm having a hard time believing by 2021 everything is going to be cool, I think 2021 is going to just be 2020 vol. 2, all I'm saying is they may need to re-think things (and drum up potential methods for these films to be seen outside of the theaters), because realistically, pushing these movies back until 2023 if that needs be, seems absolutely mad at this time, and currently we have no idea what the next year is looking like it only can seem these will get pushed back again, unless the vaccine pops up but honestly that's probably not a reality until this time next year if at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 4:58 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Anticipation is a funny thing. Just the right amount, and a crap movie will be touted as genius, to much and a genius movie will be called crap.

In either case, it really doesn't matter. We're dealing with much deeper issues than when we can see the next big superhero movie.

Guys you will not turn these forums into an argument about the pandemic. That is not what these forums are for. If you want to argue about the virus, do it some place else. No matter you opinion on it, this is a forum about action figures, movies and game based on Marvel. Leave it at that. We have enough of the virus on the news and social media. We don't need it here.