Helstrom - Official Trailer & Posters

Outsiders

Check out the new official full-length trailer for "Helstrom," the new supernatural-horror series that's based on the Marvel Comics brother-sister characters, Daimon and Ana Helstrom, who are the human adult children of a powerful demonic deity.

As the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer, Helstrom follows Daimon (Tom Austen) and Ana Helstrom (Sydney Lemmon), and their complicated dynamic, as they track down the worst of humanity -- each with their own attitude and skills.

Helstrom stars Sydney Lemmon, Tom Austen, Elizabeth Marvel, Robert Wisdom, Ariana Guerra, Alain Uy, David Meunier, June Carryl

Release: October 16th, 2020 (Hulu)

helstrom_ver2_xlg.jpg

helstrom_xlg.jpg

Could be good and may fill the Supernatural hole in my tv viewing. 

Did they change his symbol? Is a pentagram that bad these days? Everything from Supernatural ( right there in the logo most seasons), Charmed, Angel, even Sabrina ( the new one ) often display a pentagram .

maybe the difference between the CW and Disney I guess.

looks off. One thing the MCU ( IS this MCU?!?, didn’t I read all TV/ Movie projects are MCU NOW?) does right is incorporate classic elements into modern takes. I don’t see any classic elements here except the (new ) symbol on the chest..will at least check it out

14 hours ago, McHogan said:

Did they change his symbol? Is a pentagram that bad these days? looks off. One thing the MCU ( IS this MCU?!?, didn’t I read all TV/ Movie projects are MCU NOW?) does right is incorporate classic elements into modern takes. I don’t see any classic elements here except the (new ) symbol on the chest..will at least check it out

Yeah I cant make out what that chest thing or the logo is supposed to be. Is it some abstract pentagram that's forming, or some kind of Blair Witch thing?

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah I cant make out what that chest thing or the logo is supposed to be. Is it some abstract pentagram that's forming, or some kind of Blair Witch thing?

Yeah almost as if the pentagon started to form but was interrupted.. maybe it’s an angle where he won’t be as powerful as his daddy since it’s only partially formed. Or the reason he still has humanity.. bet it’s something like that

I was into it when I saw the teaser earlier this year, I'm going to watch, I think it should be good, not great, and probably won't last past season 1, but I want anything I can Marvel for the most part so I give it all a chance, plus it's in the supernatural plain of Marvel Universe I always want that.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:36 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

probably won't last past season 1

That's an understatement.  Although not officially cancelled, Marvel did cancel its deal(s) with the showrunners.  And then there's word from multiple sources (including someone I know) that Kevin Feige is 100% against continuing any show that had been produced by Jeph Loeb.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:37 AM, Atlantis said:

Because bad things never happened before, right?

Maybe they have, but this is the very first time in human history that demons or devils have been characters in popular culture or works of fiction.  I am very afraid.  Gonna write some strongly worded letters to the company and then pledge some money to The 700 Club.  That should put a stop to disease and inclement weather.

10 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Maybe they have, but this is the very first time in human history that demons or devils have been characters in popular culture or works of fiction.  I am very afraid.  Gonna write some strongly worded letters to the company and then pledge some money to The 700 Club.  That should put a stop to disease and inclement weather.

Yeah Dracula was written in 1897. Frankenstein was written in 1818. Stories of ghosts and werewolves predate those books by centuries. Demons were written about since before the Sumerian times (and if you believe in a talking snake I got this time share I need to unload...) .Certainly this is not the first time in human history that these topics have been in popular fiction.

(I know you're kidding but there are some sadly ignorant people out there.....🤪)

Anyway....Hasbro and Marvel shouldve timed a Marvel Legends Monsters box set to coincide with this Helstrom show, yo! They could've even done a wave with a Mephisto BAF. Am I right!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 1:53 PM, Outsiders said:

Check out the new official full-length trailer for "Helstrom," the new supernatural-horror series that's based on the Marvel Comics brother-sister characters, Daimon and Ana Helstrom, who are the human adult children of a powerful demonic deity.

As the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer, Helstrom follows Daimon (Tom Austen) and Ana Helstrom (Sydney Lemmon), and their complicated dynamic, as they track down the worst of humanity -- each with their own attitude and skills.

Helstrom stars Sydney Lemmon, Tom Austen, Elizabeth Marvel, Robert Wisdom, Ariana Guerra, Alain Uy, David Meunier, June Carryl

Release: October 16th, 2020 (Hulu)

helstrom_ver2_xlg.jpg

helstrom_xlg.jpg

Ok so now having seen the series, I can say it was about what most of us expected. Certainly if you're a fan of the original 70s comic run and you hoped to see that, you'll be very disappointed. But frankly a lot of that is Marvel's fault; over the years they've had multiple teams visit these characters and have just as many different variations as the teams handling them. You could say there's no "right" way to do them.

The lead actors look nothing like the book (Syndey "Ana" in particular, is a twig compared to the far more voluptuous Satana) but they do a very decent job with the material they're given. They get a good supporting cast (that wasn't in the books) and Elizabeth Marvel (Daimon's mom) does a very good "possessed" voice throughout the show. If this is supposed to exist in either the MCU, Netflix or comic timeline I couldn't tell. Outside of the main characters names and the quick shot of a Roxxon gas station, the only other reference is Gateway University, which was the site of one of his first adventures in the comics. 

It wasnt a bad show. The powers of the twins were difficult to understand; as the series progressed it just seemed to turn to full-on Marvel Girl telekinesis but why this didnt happen in earlier episodes is beyond me. Is it worth watching? Well I will say it was way better than Inhumans or Iron Fist.

But thats a pretty low bar!

hellstrom_son_of_satan_history_primary.jpg