Hasbro Marvel Legends Pulse-Con Panel - X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers and More

JayC

Lots of great stuff here! Thunderstrike is a long time want and looks great! I'll likely get two Jocastas and put the Lilandra head from Mystique on one. Firestar is another long time want. The Moira MacTaggert figure is awesome and they couldn't have done a House of X wave without including her as she is arguably the main character in that story line. I'll probably pick up the Prof X as well but might pass on the white Magneto - I'm not really a fan of that look (or mostly white paint figures in general), but it probably depends on who the BAF is. I love the Stilt Man figure form the Spider-Man wave but may only buy one Hand Ninja if there aren't alternate heads or something. I still have several of the older 2-pack version. I'm not happy about having to buy crappy ITSV figures to get parts for Stilt-Man though, it feels like they should be their own separate wave. Arcade looks cool though and I'm stoked about that. I don't personally care about the Dormammu, Gambit, Rogue or Thanos figues shown as I'm already happy with versions I have. All in all, I see that I'm going to spend a lot more $$$ on plastic crack from Hasbro in 2021!

About the Falcon guys, when I did a survey on my own site, this version was the winner. But I think people are forgetting biggest complaint about Falcon. Not the version they did. Not it's not a classic version (neo classic if anything). It's the fact that it doesn't come with Redwing!!!! Wheres our pet falcon?!!!

Well in all fairness, this was a fantastic showing from Hasbro. 

Avengers wave - 2 much wanted new characters, 2 much wanted upgrades and a Baf that I wanted.  Cue the Futurama meme. I can forgive the repaints as I think they couldn't get the other figures done in time. Maybe a third wave to fill the void.

Into The Spider-verse - Not into the cartoon figures but if I can get an obscure character like Stilt Man, bring it one.

House of X wave - Only Moira interests me but the other 2 look nice.

Bad guy - One word. Yes!

Thanos - yes

As for the exclusives, nothing exciting for me. Will get them but only HFCS is the only one that's I'm looking forward to.

Finally..................................................................................................FIRESTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been collecting for nearly 20 years and she has been my number one want for just as long. I don't care how or where I have to get her. She will be mine. 

This Avengers wave is just amazing. Maybe you’d have to be an Avengers fan to get stoked for Thunderstike and Jocasta but man, those two are awesome. Jocasta being the obscure Rock Python of this wave but this is what I am always hoping for. Hasbro will always give us the obligatory Cap and a Iron Man but when they sneak in little gems like Jocasta it really makes the wait worth it.

So Joe Fixit is game based? Outside of the height, what’s the difference? Can’t tell from the pics and the suit overlay, is this on the Outback Hulk buc’ or something else?

This is thee Firestar I have been wanting, but that collar, is that comic accurate? Can’t recall that in any suit.. may be wrong.

Man I jumped the gun and bought a ton of the Articulated Icons ninjas.. the Hand look so much better. Wanna bet a version of this guy ends up as a $15 army builder on Pulse? Speaking of army builders, I got my six Hellfire Club goons ( split over two orders)

the Bad guys wave should be an evergreen line. Great concept. They could also sneak in the versions of the good guys who went bad for a spell.

well, between HASCON, and the Avengers, the Pulse army building I just spent a sheep load of money. 

EDIT: Fixit is on Kingpin body isn’t he?

15 minutes ago, McHogan said:

So Joe Fixit is game based? Outside of the height, what’s the difference? Can’t tell from the pics and the suit overlay, is this on the Outback Hulk buc’ or something else?

Dwight said it uses parts from Kingpin (arms, legs, and feet, it looks like). The hands might be reused from another Hulk.  The torso, and obviously, the head, are new.

I watched the panel, it was certainly fun, but they talked way too much about that 616 show, I had to take a smoke break, Some really cool stuff coming out, that Gamerverse Wave 2 is really so much better then I would have hoped, Jocasta and Kang are the stand outs, but I certainly want to grab Thunderstrike (wish he had a 2nd head though) and Falcon (although it's not classic!), the Gamerverse figures are garbagio, Gamerverse Joe Fixit BAF.. get out of there it's terrible and not even actually gray.

I think the high lights for me here were ALL VILLAIN WAVE!!!! that Dormammu looks so amazing, new Classic Thanos!, Firestar, Hand Ninja looks awesome.

I'm also happy it looks like there is a fair share of stuff I feel confident on passing on here, like I don't need Gambit or Rogue again, don't care about the Miles or Gwen, The House of X figures didn't do much for me, but we shall see the BAF, and Stilt-Man meh every one wants him taller, can I make him Shorter?

7 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Gamerverse figures are garbagio, Gamerverse Joe Fixit BAF.. get out of there it's terrible and not even actually gray.

It seems you can have Joe Fixit gray or green in the game from what I've seen.  I'm hoping this opens up the possibility (strong possibility) of a deluxe Joe Fixit figure with gray skin, pinstripes, and a better scaled head in the future.

8 minutes ago, Satam said:

It seems you can have Joe Fixit gray or green in the game from what I've seen.  I'm hoping this opens up the possibility (strong possibility) of a deluxe Joe Fixit figure with gray skin, pinstripes, and a better scaled head in the future.

Oh yeah see I have not played the game yet, so I don't know the exact details on all the various skins, but either way it's a big fat bust to get a bad not even sorta comic joe fixit BAF IMO, yeah gimme the Pinstripe suit and Gray with a tommy gun and a less smushed head and I'd probably have a hard time passing. but I'm cool with not spending money to get this BAF since those mailed in Iron Man and Cap I don't want to throw my money at.

Well after the pannel here are my thoughts:

Gamerverse Wave 2: Im only intrested in Falcon and Kang the Conqueror (I Would have prefered falcon to have the sleeveless costume, but Im ok with it) the rest are a pass for me.

Spiderman 2021 Wave 1: Ill have to wait for the rest of the figures to be revealed and in package shots to see how the BAF pieces will be scattered through the wave (with it being a smaller baf) Im hoping the figures have a bunch of interchangeable hands and accesories. But so far neither the Miles or Gwen figures look that intresting to me.... PS those miles lower legs though (anyone else thinks those would be perfect for a Mangaverse Spiderman in the future)

Villians Wave: Amazing, I dont really care about dormammu even though he looks cool, Im definetely buying Arcade, we'll have to see what other villians they pack in this wave, Im thinking good choices are a new Classic Red Skull, Classic Ultron, Mephisto, Mandarin.

Age of X/Powers of X Wave: I like Moira, havent really read any of the comics so the rest are a pass for me unless they include a figure of a x-men character we need in our regular x-men collection, Im wondering what the BAF will be though, they did mention that if we got the Haslab Sentinel the BAF would go well with it, any thoughts?

Stand alone figures.
- Firestar: Hell yeah Ive wanted this figure for a while now (I believe rektangular said this one will be released as a single carded figure posibly in the vintage spider-man cardback, along with a J. Jonah Jameson and a Black Cat figure most likely fan channel figures)

- Thanos Deluxe: Looks really nice, a vast improvement over the comic BAF one, Im definetely getting this one.

- X-Men Vintage figures: Gambit's new head looks nice, and I like that his accesories the cards are painted this time around, but I dont know if its enough to buy it again, Rogue is a disapontment, I like the headsculpt of the previous one better.

1 hour ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

They are contractually obligated to give retailers exclusives, or the retailer won't carry the product. Hasbro NEEDS Target, Wal-Mart, etc, but they don't need Hasbro...

I just wish they would give them exclusives like Stealth game Cap or that blue Starboost Iron man, something that is popular and not niche fan oriented figures like Retro Rogue or First appearance Storm, that would have better fit on shared/fan channel exclusives. 

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

As far as classic Thanos is concerned, is he being utilized on the Warpath buck? I hope he is a bit  smaller in scale than the MCU versions they've done of him.

From the look and sound of it, he's scaled the same as the Infinity era BAF and deluxe Thanos, so too big for your preference.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Still on BBTS and EE

Thanks a ton! I never would've thought to check BBTS, figuring they would've sold out even quicker. Haven't used them in a while because of previous unhappy experiences, but they still had Kang so it's good.

Okay, I didn't get to watch the presentation, only follow along the highlights here, but here are my takeaways.

First, I've pre-ordered Jocasta and Kang from the Avengers wave. They look terrific and I'm very excited for them. If Joe Fixit was based on the comic, I might actually buy this entire wave to build that figure, even though I have no interest in the Gamerverse figures. Since he's not, however, it was easier to pass on the characters that didn't thrill me. Falcon is one of my very favorite Marvel characters, and this version looks good but not the one that I want and I'm willing to hold out for a different version, especially knowing the character's popularity is going to soar (hehe) after the show comes out. Thunderstrike also looks great, but I have no love for this character. He's filed in the same category as Rage and White Rabbit: if I see them for cheap, sure, but I'm not going out of my way to get him.

I also pre-ordered the three Retro 3.75 inch 2-packs. Yeah, I understand that the majority of people on this board think these are a lame waste of time. These aren't for you, and they're not for me either. I have a three year old son who is starting to get into PJ Masks toys. He's just starting to get into superheroes and characters with costumes and powers. I would love to transition him into the Marvel heroes that I love, but Marvel Legends are way too sophisticated and expensive to give to a kid his age. But these toys, at their scale with limited possibility? Oh hell yeah! I'll spoil my kid rotten with these things.

Other quick hits:

• Firestar looks fantastic! Very excited for this one.
  • A Bring On the Bad Guys wave sounds awesome! While I have no strong love of Arcade, he looks great and I could be tempted to get him. Classic Dormammu is awesome. Can't wait to find out what else is involved.
  • I really like the look of that Into the Spider-Verse Miles Morales. Did they say if he comes with a masked head? I mean, how could he not, right? I would hate to have to pass on the figure because of that, but I definitely want this Miles. Can't say the same for Gwen and Ham, though. I already have the other Spider-Gwen (that I paid a lot for). I like me some Stiltman and the Hand ninja army builder to add to Stiltman's legs is brilliant. Hope the rest of this wave is good, too.
  • Deluxe Classic Thanos is a mmmmaybe. I've got the Infinity era one, but I definitely like this one better. We'll see if he comes with some good extras.
  • Silk is a mmmmaybe. Don't know anything about the character, but she would look good in my growing Spider-themed collection.
  • No interest in the House of X/Powers of X wave. I'm happy for the people who are excited for these, but I don't count myself among them.
  • Same for the retro Gambit and Rogue. Look nice; not my jam.
  • I ordered the Hellfire Club 4-pack last night. Will I get the soldier army builders? Maybe. Depends on how I'm feeling.
  • I really enjoyed the Silver Surfer: Black comic, but I don't need a toy of that.

Overall, I think this was a pretty good reveal. Lots of characters to be excited for. Nothing too disappointing (that Falcon, though... ). Looking forward to filling in some gaps next year.

I think Kang looks incredible. The comic part of the Avengers wave seems super awesome, and full of long-requested figures, but the angry Thunderstrike face is a bit much, and obviously Falcon's choice of costume isn't going to please everyone. Happy for people who wanted Thanos and Firestar too.

I may not end up getting many or any figures from the villains wave, but I'm super stoked that's happening. I definitely think Legends needs more villains in general, and more X-villainesses in particular. Maybe that's where we'll start seeing more Brotherhood figures. Arcade looks cool, and I might pick him up, despite personally thinking of him as more of a Spider-Man villain than X-Men.

As for X-Men, Gambit's new head is a slight improvement, but his colours are worse, and I'm bummed to see Rogue back on the same body, after the new one was such an improvement. I can't decide if her new head is worse or just about as bad, but I think it's worse. It's hard to tell on these digital sculpts. Moira and Magneto look great, though I can't say I was dying for a civilian Moira, and I would've preferred Magneto to be sleeveless to go with Cyclops, Emma, and Magik. Is it just me, or is Xavier a bit buff? I'm sure it'll be less pronounced on the actual figure, but I expected him to be more lithe (Spider-Man body, maybe?). I'm stoked to get that figure, though.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

A few years back it was all Avengers, this year was all Xmen, it’s nice to see them mix the best properties, something for everyone with today’s reveals

It really wasn't all X-Men this year! It just felt like it because most of the non-X-Men stuff got revealed at Toy Fair early in the year, and because all the anniversary stuff was X-Men. The X-Men didn't even get a proper dedicated wave this year, just Deadpool and Age of Apocalypse. Beside those, there were two Spider-Man waves, a Fantastic Four wave, a Black Widow wave, a Venom wave, two Avengers waves, and a bunch of Spider-Man-related exclusives. If anything, 2019 was heavier on X-Men.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

From the look and sound of it, he's scaled the same as the Infinity era BAF and deluxe Thanos, so too big for your preference.

Thanks a ton! I never would've thought to check BBTS, figuring they would've sold out even quicker. Haven't used them in a while because of previous unhappy experiences, but they still had Kang so it's good.

Its gonna be a new mold, probably will have more accessories than what is shown. Hopefully they don’t make him much bigger than thor.

9 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Its gonna be a new mold, probably will have more accessories than what is shown. Hopefully they don’t make him much bigger than thor.

They said it's the same scale as modern Thanos

14 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

10 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

They said it's the same scale as modern Thanos

He does look leaner in the torso, but pretty much the same size. Might be using the same arms and upper legs.

I may have to reconsider my Thunderstrike pre-order. In the heat of the moment, I didn't even notice that big screaming mouth. I don't like mouths in mid-yell, I don't want power-actions, energy tendrils leaking from Cyclops eyes, or orange plastic "fire" in place of legs. Just give the character a neutral expression, maybe a scowl or a grimace, gritted teeth at most. I'll handle the special effects. At 21.79 a pop, I want to be the one deciding what my toys are doing at any given moment.