Hasbro Marvel Legends Pulse-Con Panel - X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers and More

JayC

Is it just me, or does that Stark head sculpt look like it belongs on an as yet unproduced Mandarin figure? Hopefully we get one in the forthcoming baddies wave. Perhaps with a classic Ultron. Is that wave supposed to cover all corners of the Marvel Universe or primarily the Avengers. If it's all in I bet we could think of enough villains to fill at least three waves. Perhaps they could even to a villains wave per sect (Spider-Man, Avengers/GOTG/F4, X-Men/Deadpool and Doctor Strange/Marvel Knights)

The more and more I see that 3.75 retro line the more I'm sure it's already dead on arrival. I mean, who asked for that? I know, I know, there is at least a small part of the fandom that will partake, but in this day, with what companies like Mattel and NECA and Super7 are doing with the retro stuff, does this really have a place? I think it's a mistake taking this to mass market. Hasbro's gonna end up blowing a lot of money and resources that could have been used on more proven products like ML and GIJC (bye, bye Ghostbusters). I think something like a made to order pre-sale shoulda been done for that instead.

Also, another huge donut for Excalibur fans. What are the chances that we get some representation in the HOX wave(s)?

8 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Is it just me,or does that Stark head sculpt look like it belongs on an as yet unproduced Mandarin figure? Hopefully we get one in the forthcoming baddies wave. Perhaps with a classic Ultron. Is that wave supposed to cover all corners of the Marvel Universe or primarily the Avengers. If it's all in I bet we could think of enough villains to fill at least three waves. Perhaps they could even to a villains wave per sect (Spider-Man, Avengers/GOTG/F4, X-Men/Deadpool and Doctor Strange/Marvel Knights)

Well since we know of Dormammu and Arcade so far, and Arcade being a spidey/Xmen villain, I d say the wave is going to be a mixed bag of villains spanning the universe. 

To the question of "Does that ML 30TH Anniv classic Thanos now replace the MS version, hell yeah it does! The MS version while classic, was too gigantic to scale properly with the 6' scale ML line. I never bought it for that very reason. And am beyond stoked that we are finally getting a comic classic version of Mr T. I just hope that him being a deluxe version, that he is coming with another alternate evil smirking head sculpt, alternate hands & some sorta power display FXs.

As for the "Bring on the bad guys" wave, I pray  that a classic Perez Ultron is in this wave along with classic powered up Count Nefaria!

qOnczQq.jpg

j9t0AnO.jpg

3T7lfHV.jpg

1mSVabm.jpg

7WAFZ5K.jpg

11 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

As for the "Bring on the bad guys" wave, I pray  that a classic Perez Ultron is in this wave along with classic powered up Count Nefaria!

I can see Nefaria, but for some reason I don’t think we’ll get Ultron in this wave. I think he’s popular and desirable enough that they’ll want him to anchor another mixed wave, just like Kang did this time around.

I hope I’m wrong, because Ultron is my favorite Avengers villain and my most wanted villain figure, but I don’t think we’ll see him in this wave. Soon, though, given that we’re getting Jocasta.

8 minutes ago, tarot said:

the problem is it could be extremely rushed with some repaints or bad paint/sculpt.

That’s possible. However, if those waves are/were anything like other movie waves they were still intended to include 2-4 comic book characters, as well as movie characters. And maybe if the movie characters are taken off the table, the leftovers get folded into one makeshift villains wave. They might not be rushed if they were already on the schedule just planned for different waves.

34 minutes ago, tarot said:

While I am beyond excited for the BOTBG wave, does anyone else think they are mainly doing it to fill the gap that the Eternals and Shang-Chi wave would have filled? I mean all we have seen so far are the computer mock ups. 

Yeah I am more than OK with that. Nothing against mcu characters but comic villains are much more to my liking.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

While I am beyond excited for the BOTBG wave, does anyone else think they are mainly doing it to fill the gap that the Eternals and Shang-Chi wave would have filled? I mean all we have seen so far are the computer mock ups. 

They were probably already working on it but yes, I'm sure the movie delays probably pushed it up on the schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some more Fan Channel repaints next year to fill in some gaps as well.

They explained the digital mock-ups during their presentation. They said they're not doing physical prototypes anymore. As a post COVID change, they're now only doing digital prototypes and paint masters. Showing us digital renditions isn't indicative of rushing. That's just what we're gonna see for early previews now. I think it's kind of a bummer, but I get it. We probably won't see physical pictures for stuff until the product shots come out when they go up for preorder.

So Stormbreaker is $160?
I have all of the other Marvel "Roleplay" things. All the helmets, Cap's Shield, Mjolnir. All of them have been $100 each.

But now you are telling me that I have to pay an extra $60 for what, a long handle? I just got a talking animatronic Deadpool head that interacts with my smart phone for $100 but Stormbreaker is $160. And it doesn't even come in one piece. For an extra $60 I think they could afford a longer box.

wow so I called my local EB today to pre-order some of the new Gamerverse figs, Falcon, Jocasta, Thunderstrike and Kang and they say they are slated to be released on October 1st, that wasy quick wonder if that's actually going to hold.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

They explained the digital mock-ups during their presentation. They said they're not doing physical prototypes anymore. As a post COVID change, they're now only doing digital prototypes and paint masters. Showing us digital renditions isn't indicative of rushing. That's just what we're gonna see for early previews now. I think it's kind of a bummer, but I get it. We probably won't see physical pictures for stuff until the product shots come out when they go up for preorder.

I like the idea, it's basically a more advanced version of Digibashing, also it cuts down on materials

11 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Nah, i was thinking of all the trouble folks had getting Worthy Cap, 80th anniv cap, the comic Thanos exclusive,  and the Corvus Glaive 2-pack.  But obviously people's experiences can vary quite a bit based on the stores around you locally.  Since Mako is in WM's home state of Arkansas it doesn't really surprise me much that targets aren't as good at stocking exclusives as WM there.  And i did mention Red Hulk and GI Joe as being real problems for Target (don't collect NECA Turtles so i can't speak to them) but for me Deadly Origins Widow, Starforce Carol, Stan Lee, Starboost Iron Man all seemed pretty easy to get.  Likewise for the Star Wars Black series target excluisves that i can think of.  

Ya, those MCU legends Walmart exclusives never seemed to exist in the stores. All just sold second hand on eBay by scalpers.

Probably will buy a Gambit and Rogue for my X-Men TAS display. Dawn of X I feel is too new in comics to compel me to collect in figure form, but that Magneto looks gorgeous.

I try to limit my collection to X based characters, but if I didn't I would be all over characters like that new Thanos, Falcon, and Kang.

Seeing that Jocasta figure my first thought was that it could be a real quick retool as Danger.

7 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I’m afraid it’s Pizza Spidey Mold, just digital version of it looks much better and more defined than the actual figure mold they release. Hope I’m wrong tho. 

Definitely not, that new upper torso is a dead giveaway. This new one has more of a V shaping.  I’m hoping they use it for the upcoming vision too. 

after careful inspection the upper torso is definitely new sculpt. You can tell by the sculpting in the pecs, upper abdominal and arms. They may have reused the lower torso but it looks like original sculpt. 

6CC377B4-3C2D-4EFF-9B1E-F9D408E84957.jpeg

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Definitely not, that new upper torso is a dead giveaway. This new one has more of a V shaping.  I’m hoping they use it for the upcoming vision too. 

after careful inspection the upper torso is definitely new sculpt. You can tell by the sculpting in the pecs, upper abdominal and arms. They may have reused the lower torso but it looks like original sculpt. 

6CC377B4-3C2D-4EFF-9B1E-F9D408E84957.jpeg

To put my 2 cents worth, this actually looks similar to the original Spidey buck that they used on the Superior (Otto) Spider-Man, before they extended it for the first Pizza Spidey. Of course, the legs are different legs and the torso has been smoothed out around the butterfly joints.

s-l300.jpg

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

To put my 2 cents worth, this actually looks similar to the original Spidey buck that they used on the Superior (Otto) Spider-Man, before they extended it for the first Pizza Spidey. Of course, the legs are different legs and the torso has been smoothed out around the butterfly joints.

s-l300.jpg

I miss that mold, but if you look closer the hip to thigh ratio is different. The upper torse has a distinguishable belly button not found on either the pizza spidey or superior spidey.

New Mold! Lets get excited!

Well I'm not a big Stilt Man fan, but I can see where the stilts can be re-used to craft the arms of M-11, the Human killer Robot! He's got such a basic, simple design that he should be easy to pull off. Use the same "glass" window technique on his visor/eyes that they did for Nimrod's chest beam  and score. Be a great way to introduce the rest of the Agents of Atlas team.

aa.jpg

I am totally on board for the release of the Agents of Atlas in Marvel Legends form. In my opinion, it was the best book to come out of Marvel in the last twenty years. 

I think that Stiltmans legs would be too big around for M-11’s arms. I would use Machine Man’s arms instead.

Im really happy about Arcade. Never thought we would get him.  Stiltman has been on my want list for awhile. 

I’m still holding out hope for classic Ghost and purple suit Trapster.  We also need some other Serpent Society members (Black Mamba, I’m looking at you), and to finish out the Reavers and start the Marauders.