Pointless (or worst) Accessories?

Dabboi

The broken spear that came with Okoye and Dora Milaje. Regular hands for Wolverine. Flat guns over big guns for Cable. I would have preferred pistols. Bearded Headsculpt for Colossus. I would have preferred an alternate hand. The removable helmet for Loki. Stretching hands for Mr. Fantastic. The bendy wire arms were so much better. Shillelagh for Black Tom. He needed a better effect and they should have made him black. Knife holding hands or fists for Warpath. If they're going to give us knife holding hands, they should have given us knives to go along. Luckily I had some knives from old Transformers figures. Fireballs for Pyro. First Class heads for Professor X and Magneto. (I know that will piss off some collectors.) 

3 hours ago, Benn said:

What? I love that bearded Colossus head! And Black Tom had to come with a shillelagh. It was central to the way he used his powers early on.

Deadpool's taco comes to mind.

Same here, I love the Bearded Colossus head, it is how my Colossus is displayed/stored. And Yes Tom had to come with his Shillelagh, though a blast effect for it would have been nice as well. Also Deadpool needs his taco otherwise he will strave.

As for bad effects, the fire fists for Pyro spring to mind. That's not how his powers even work.

I feel like some of the accessories mentioned here weren't pointless but rather just not the cup of tea of the person who mentioned it.

Personally, what comes to mind right away when I think of pointless accessories is the energy sword from the Stealth Invincible Iron Man. Tony did wield an energy sword from the group of ninja he was fighting in the issue that inspired the figure, but he was using a different configuration of his armor by then. I would have been more content if they had reissued the clip-on arm cannon, since the armor could still shape-shift weapons in stealth mode.

And the missile from the Iron Man MK I / Tony Stark 2-pack. Nothing says "premium anniversary line" like re-using a ten-year-old outdated mold and on top of that keeping the Happy Meal missle-launcher gimmick.

What is Philsh anyway? I was clueless ( guess I still am) as to who or what that thing belonged to.

Yeah any normal or “sword” hand for Wolverine is pointless.

Any “alternate” head with nearly no discernible difference ( Ego, Domino)

Mary Jane head for Gwen. I guess as long as you use MJ on any other body I guess she is an ok pack in. But super weird if you pop MJs head on Gwen’s body.. super kinky of her to cosplay as Pete’s dead ex..

Jet pack for Black Widow. Can’t say I recall that ever being a thing. Seems like she got around by grappling hooks

Any BAF part from the Kree Sentry.. didn’t work for me as a comic version or  army builder

can I count the reImagined AIM or Hydra goons from the two packs? I’m fine with body diversity but the huge Hydra goon and the “Scourge-esk” AIM trooper missed the mark

How about the lack of accessories like a masked MCU Red Guardian head? 

Great topic, I’m gonna think some more and add more!  

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

What is Philsh anyway? I was clueless ( guess I still am) as to who or what that thing belonged to.

Philsh was a member of the Nova Corp with Titus (Remember him?) and Sam Alexander's dad.

Pretty sure he was introduced on one page and died on the next. He can't even stand and he's too small for a flight stand

Iceman's "slide"

stretch fingers for Reed. He can't hold anything, and they aren't poseable, so...

firefists for Pyro...I'll add Jubilee to it...it is just a terrible display of their powerset

Extra sunglasses for Jubilee (unless they thought people would lose them).

Any alternate head in which you have to look too hard to notice the difference.

Fists for Wolverine

glowing fists for Magneto. He's one that could've used the splayed hands.

10 hours ago, nieman257 said:

I'll add Jubilee to it...it is just a terrible display of their powerset

Jubilee wasn't a mutant when she became a vampire. She lost her powers on M-day. The pink energy fists weren't representing her mutant powers, they were representing some sort of vampire energy powers she may or may not have sometimes been shown to have.

15 hours ago, Benn said:

Jubilee wasn't a mutant when she became a vampire. She lost her powers on M-day. The pink energy fists weren't representing her mutant powers, they were representing some sort of vampire energy powers she may or may not have sometimes been shown to have.

I don't remember her having any blasts type powers though. And I'm pretty sure they meant it to be her power set. She simply had vampire powers. But still, she should've came with alt head with the fangs, and that may have been before Shogo, but something else.

I don't remember her having any blast powers as a vampire either, but I was able to find at least one image of her from that era with pink or purple energy surrounding her hand. I can't get the image to post here with my limited setup, but you can see it here. Don't get me wrong, I agree that they were dubious accessories, but I don't think they were meant to represent her fireworks.

I always just hated that stupid tongue out head for Gwenpool, why that head and not a normal standard head? or maybe an unmasked head? ugh she came with two stupid heads, because I didn't even want a smiley one, why couldn't one have been neutral we got two!, it still bothers me.

9 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I always just hated that stupid tongue out head for Gwenpool, why that head and not a normal standard head? or maybe an unmasked head? ugh she came with two stupid heads, because I didn't even want a smiley one, why couldn't one have been neutral we got two!, it still bothers me.

Yeah, why didn't we get an unmasked head for Gwenpool?

On 10/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, nieman257 said:

"....stretch fingers for Reed. He can't hold anything, and they aren't poseable, so...firefists for Pyro..."

Those salad forks for Mr. Fantastic made absolutely no sense. They could have given him the same stretch arms the original had or maybe update with coils or expanded fist....also, agree about Pyro. His powers don't work like that and they should've given him fire effects that fit into his wrist blasters. Iron Fist also should have had that "Gil Kane energy" trail that he always had for his iron fist effect.

81365977_10158425199364528_2034477286006194176_n.jpg

13 hours ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, why didn't we get an unmasked head for Gwenpool?

I want to say it boils down to the fact Gwenpool pegwarmed hard, I think that Hasbro thought she was going to be extremely sought after and sell like hot cakes, and they would milk her buy releasing a second figure down the road, in the end they just had to many of her out there and she sat on pegs, I would imagine Hasbro thought that they would get around to giving us a second Gwenpool which probably had a normal head and unmasked head, but since she melted pegs they backed out of that second release. *shrug*

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I want to say it boils down to the fact Gwenpool pegwarmed hard, I think that Hasbro thought she was going to be extremely sought after and sell like hot cakes, and they would milk her buy releasing a second figure down the road, in the end they just had to many of her out there and she sat on pegs, I would imagine Hasbro thought that they would get around to giving us a second Gwenpool which probably had a normal head and unmasked head, but since she melted pegs they backed out of that second release. *shrug*

Yeah her being double-packed in that wave is pretty crazy, seems like they assumed having the -pool suffix alone would render her very popular.

I do like the figure though and the tongue out is my default head for her so I’m not complaining 

6 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah her being double-packed in that wave is pretty crazy, seems like they assumed having the -pool suffix alone would render her very popular.

I do like the figure though and the tongue out is my default head for her so I’m not complaining 

It didn't help that Gwenpool is a bease-breaker with fans

On 10/8/2020 at 11:41 AM, leokearon said:

It didn't help that Gwenpool is a bease-breaker with fans

Honestly I'm probably one of the few who would really like a way to get a second Gwenpool, maybe in Civilian Attire so we can get an unmasked head, and she can just come with a neutral masked head as well, just to make me happy haha. I'd also really love an Evil Gwenpool.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Honestly I'm probably one of the few who would really like a way to get a second Gwenpool, maybe in Civilian Attire so we can get an unmasked head, and she can just come with a neutral masked head as well, just to make me happy haha. I'd also really love an Evil Gwenpool.

spacer.png

I wouldn't mind a civilian Gwenpool

On 10/7/2020 at 4:15 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Man, I love Gwenpool but I hate how her headsculpts turned out. Hasbro really should have tried to make them a bit more Gurihiru and a lot less "Miley Cyrus doing cosplay."

On 10/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, ADour said:

Man, I love Gwenpool but I hate how her headsculpts turned out. Hasbro really should have tried to make them a bit more Gurihiru and a lot less "Miley Cyrus doing cosplay."

very much agreed here, they did Gwenpool dirty, two stupid/dumb heads out of 2 heads, you checked the why? and nobody asked for this for real check boxes, just one stupid head would have been fine if we had a normal neutral head, I usually have only a few real bitter bites with Legends as of recent (I forgive a lot of inaccuracies, or poor choices) and the Gwenpool head sculpts were one of them, the only other one that comes to mind right now I can't stand is the buck they chose for Lasher.. dirty dances Hasbro! , I won't be cool with Lasher being on that buck he was never depicted that strangely skinny go back and fix it because I need my LF Symbiotes and you wrecked the first one out the gate.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

very much agreed here, they did Gwenpool dirty, two stupid/dumb heads out of 2 heads, you checked the why? and nobody asked for this for real check boxes, just one stupid head would have been fine if we had a normal neutral head, I usually have only a few real bitter bites with Legends as of recent (I forgive a lot of inaccuracies, or poor choices) and the Gwenpool head sculpts were one of them, the only other one that comes to mind right now I can't stand is the buck they chose for Lasher.. dirty dances Hasbro! , I won't be cool with Lasher being on that buck he was never depicted that strangely skinny go back and fix it because I need my LF Symbiotes and you wrecked the first one out the gate.

They should have done, a neutral head, a silly head and an unmasked head.

Also poor Lasher never gets any loving, especially the two I have