Jamie Foxx Returning As Electro For Spider-Man 3 THIS THREAD CONTAINTS POTENTIAL MOVIE SPOILERS

JayC

It is being reported by THR that actor Jamie Foxx will be joining the cast of the Tom Holland Spider-Man 3 movie as the villain Elector. Foxx last played Electro in the Andrew Garfield-The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie. The movie right now is slated with a November 5, 2021 release date.

At the end of Far From Home we saw actor J.K. Simmons reprise his role of J. Jonah Jameson. The plot for this movie remains unknown, but seems like we could be seeing some kind of multiverse theme come into play. Does that mean we could see Andrew Garfield or even Tobey Maguire return as well???

17 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I actually like that idea, it hints more towards Multiverse, which makes it even more awesome, and Jamie Foxx can get another try to do all new type of Electro.

I got the impression that DC was fixing to do something very similar with their mess of a movie-verse(s) in the upcoming Flash movie.  Though, maybe that's a rumor or I made it up.  I've kind of given up on DC movies and am not paying close attention.

Jamie Foxx is usually pretty great.  I'd love to see him in the MCU, but not as Electro.  They need to distance themselves from those Garfield Spider-Man movies as much a possible.  The casting in those things (Capt. Stacy aside) were almost the only good thing about them.

Jamie Foxx should not be ELECTRO in the MCU, he should be recasted as the PROWLER instead. He would make a cool addition in that way, maybe looking forward for a spin-off movie. But only as the PROWLER. 

Maxwel Dillon is caucasian, not afroamerican. DISNEY should reconsider the way they are showcasing the gender diversities. MARVEL has a wider characters's pool to choose from. 🙄

this seems odd, I love Jamie Foxx, I don't know how much I loved Jamie Foxx as Electro though, I mean maybe because that movie was just bad, and perhaps that makes me reflect on Jamie as Electro in a negative light, I think Jamie Foxx should play some one else.. maybe, and please don't make this movie into some multiverse thing where the Toby and Andrew show up for some reason, ugh.. just no.

I vote Jamie Foxx as Cardiac

or Nightwatch!

No, no, no, no, no, NOOOOO......WTF are you thinking Sony/Marvel?! Just no! I'm not gonna say Foxx single-handedly ruined the Garfield Spider-Man project, but he was a large part of the equation. And no, it had nothing to do with his acting ability. He was quite simply miscast, end of story. Electro needed to be a skinny, loser twerp and needed to be convincing as such (that shoulda been Topher Grace's shot, not Venom). Foxx is a fit, good looking dude they just threw a stupid perm on and tried to make him look pathetic. He tried his best, but he just couldn't sell it, no matter how good his acting chops were.

This movie was a dumpster fire from the jump with the only good castings were Peter and Gwen themselves. Rhino shoulda been someone like Dominic Purcell. Harry shoulda been anyone but Dane DeHaan. He's actually wormy enough he coulda made Electro work. It was just bad all the way around.

I thought the whole idea of dropping this series was to get as much distance from that memory as possible. What's the freaking point of trudging it all up again. Multiverse BS storyline or not (I personally think its a mistake), can we not just forget about this movie? Better yet, can we not just delete this movie from the books and start again at the end of Amazing Spider-Man one? I like Tom Holland, but IMO Garfield was the best Peter to date. It's a damn shame what happened with that reboot.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was so negatively received I am dumbfounded that they would want to remind anyone just how badly Sony handled the franchise.

with the MCU taking the reigns they have made great strides at returning Spidey to greatness, even if Jamie Foxx is a concession to Sony, I can’t imagine what they could do with him without wiping the slate clean.

Hopefully it is an all-new version and not a reprise of the ASM 2 role, as i thought that was a very bad take on the character.  Yes it is surprising to me that Sony would want to remind anybody of ASM 2,  Doc Strange multiverse shenanigans notwithstanding.  Foxx is a decent actor though so maybe this will work out better than expected, again assuming it is a new take on the character.  Or maybe its just a multiverse-related cameo and Foxx is only in 1 scene or something. Whatever, will be interesting to hear more about this

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was so negatively received I am dumbfounded that they would want to remind anyone just how badly Sony handled the franchise.

with the MCU taking the reigns they have made great strides at returning Spidey to greatness, even if Jamie Foxx is a concession to Sony, I can’t imagine what they could do with him without wiping the slate clean.

I think Marvel Studious wants to prove they can handle the same actors and characters  and do it better than Sony alone, or maybe it was Sony's idea to  redeem Garfield verse and give slight hint towards multiverse movie they want to do. This casting along with Jonah Jameson is direct clue that seeing Andrew and Toby is just the matter of time, wouldn't be surprised if we get Alfred Molina Doc Ock in 4th movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a cameo, just as part of something multiverse related. I know there was talk when Hayden Christiansen was signed on for Star Wars Episode 9, all kinds of speculation... and it ended up just being a tiny amount of voiceover work. It would still seem like a shame to even acknowledge him in that role in The MCU, as that makes it much less likely that they'll cast him in a bigger role in an MCU movie. They should just ignore previous Spidey, Fantastic Four, and (non-Deadpool) X-Men films, as it relates to The MCU. Not that there aren't bright spots among those films, but I don't think it makes much sense to integrate them in to The MCU. 

Did Actor Jamie Foxx Just Spoil The Plot To Spider-Man 3?!? -SPOILERS-

Last week word came down that actor Jamie Foxx would be reprising his role as Electro for the next Tom Holland Spider-Man movie. As you likely know, Foxx first played the electrified Spider-villain in the Andrew Garfield-The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

From the original report it was not clear if Foxx would actually be portraying the same version of Electro from AS2, or be playing an entirely new version, but the news definitely seemed to open up the possibilities of seeing some kind of Multiverse theme come into play, where characters from previous Spider-Man movies might cross-over into the Tom Holland universe. After all we had already seen actor J.K. Simmons reprise his role of J. Jonah Jameson at the end of Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Well now word is that Foxx himself late last week posted on his personal Instagram account this image with this caption:

"Tell Spidey let's run it back!" Foxx wrote on Instagram along with an image featuring his version of Electro in the sky over New York City as three different Spider-Men look on. "Super excited to be part of the new Marvel Spider-Man new installment [sic]. Can't wait for y'all to check out the new one." Foxx went onto say that this new version of Electro "won't be blue," but will be "badass."

The image shows three different versions of Spider-Man looking up at an electrified sky with Foxx's Electro character seen in the clouds. The most obvious assumption here is that the three Spider-Man characters are Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland. Foxx also says Electro won't be blue anymore, which makes us think he will now be yellow, the color he is in the comics.

I personally did not see the original Foxx post, and word is that it was quickly deleted. It's hard to believe Foxx would put up such an image without the studio's permission, which we should note hasn't even officially confirmed Foxx will be in Spider-Man 3 yet. We have however seen this tactic to build up hype used by Sony with the previous Spider-Man movies. You may recall how Holland himself "accidentally" posted images for what appeared to be Hydro Man in the last movie on his personal social media.

Sony has already dabbled in the Marvel multiverse thanks to their animated hit Into The Spider-Verse, which I suppose could actually end up tying into the live-action movies if you think about it, and if they really wanted to get creative. We also know based on the title of the next Doctor Strange movie, which is called Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, that the MCU as a whole will be diving more into the whole Multiverse theme, a concept that has often been used in the comics and was most notable used onscreen during Avengers: Endgame.

Whether the third Spider-Man movie ends up playing a major role in the MCU as a whole or not is really not clear at this time, but I think if fans get to see Holland, Garfield and Maguire all on screen together, that alone will be worth the price of admission.

I hate the current franchise, and I REALLY hate pointless reconstructionism and ethnicity flips, but the new movie might actually be worth a look . . . if they finally dump the "Spider-Man as Iron Man's Robin" angle.

I just can't get into a hero who's "A" plot revolves around playing second banana to a completely different franchises hero.

I’m not thrilled about this. While I think the MCU could redeem Garfield and Foxx, and I don’t mind the idea of a live-action spider-verse movie, I think it’s just too soon. I think movie was supposed to come out before Doctor Strange 2, so it would not only take away from that movie, but also, I think we need one more small-scale Spider-Man movie. They left a lot of plot points open in the last two, how is he going to handle his identity being revealed, where’s Scorpion, is Vulture coming back? I was looking forward to seeing not only a brand new villain on screen, but also to Spidey really branching out and becoming more independent. Seems like Garfield and Maguire may end up serving the role Tony did, if only for a short time. Idk, I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I cant fathom why anyone would want to make it seem like the previous Spider-Man movies are related or overlap or whatever with the current MCU. And whatever would be the point. Its not as if events in any of the other films need to coincide with this one. They've got enough trouble just keeping things straight as is. Not sure if this is a publicity stunt or if Foxx really did leak something but in either case, I'm not intrigued. Or impressed. 

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I cant fathom why anyone would want to make it seem like the previous Spider-Man movies are related or overlap or whatever with the current MCU. And whatever would be the point. Its not as if events in any of the other films need to coincide with this one. They've got enough trouble just keeping things straight as is. Not sure if this is a publicity stunt or if Foxx really did leak something but in either case, I'm not intrigued. Or impressed. 

Yeah, it is bad enough you have to know what happens in the other MCU movies to get the whole story, do we really want to have to watch the non-MCU movies now as well

17 hours ago, Atlantis said:

^^^this. My issue is Spider-Verse was always about bringing different types of Spider-people into the limelight. Holland, Maguire and Garfield are all the same version of the character. It makes zero sense to combine them other than because of pure, misguided fan service. I really hope it’s just a one-off. I’m still hoping that the MCU movies lead to a sinister 6 movie.