JayC

Jamie Foxx Returning As Electro For Spider-Man 3 THIS THREAD CONTAINTS POTENTIAL MOVIE SPOILERS

While I have always thought Andrew Garfield’s PETER PARKER was the best representation at the time, I felt his Spidey was a distant 2nd to Maquire’s.

Now that Holland’s hat has been thrown into the mix, he has run away with both representations of Pete and Spidey.

My question is why go backwards with the current franchise and somehow try to make the previous 5 films be somehow interconnected. For what it was, even Garfield’s version tried to distance itself from the original trilogy. Seems unnecessary.

while I would enjoy Legends for both Maguire’s and Garfield’s versions I don’t see the need to make things messy the way DC / WB seem intent on doing with their film franchises.

and Jamie Foxx’s Acting chops aside, his Electro was terrible. Only slightly better than that ridiculous Rhino they hinted at.  

Foxx already seems to be hinting that his Electro won't be the same as the Amazing version. It seems more than likely they are just giving him a  second chance to play the character

I enjoyed Far from Home so would like to see how they wrap this whole thing up. A sinister six team slapped together to go after Spidey seems like a great idea with him being made into a bad guy at the end of the last movie. I wonder which Avenger would aid Spidey, Antman? Hawkeye? Hulk? I hope its Antman!

5 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

I enjoyed Far from Home so would like to see how they wrap this whole thing up. A sinister six team slapped together to go after Spidey seems like a great idea with him being made into a bad guy at the end of the last movie. I wonder which Avenger would aid Spidey, Antman? Hawkeye? Hulk? I hope its Antman!

I'm not sure of they would have a sinister six for Spidey Home 3, given they haven't  introduced/(kept) not many Spidey villains in the MCU yet. I could see a smaller team being used

If Maquire and Garfield are making appearances, I want the Japanese Spider-Man to appear as well.  Now THAT would be awesome!

I really hope the rumours remain rumours

I dunno. I guess it would be cool to see, but the people at Into the Spider-Verse is getting this stuff perfectly...like groundbreaking. A live action version seems a little redundant and...unnecessary. Let's just have a Spidey as Spidey in NY with his awesome supporting cast developing and some cool villains. 

40 minutes ago, hellshock138 said:

Let's just have a Spidey as Spidey in NY with his awesome supporting cast developing and some cool villains. 

Yeah, just keep it normal old Spidey . . . who wears Iron Man armor, attends genius school, goes on class trips to Venice, and who's entire cast just happened to get dusted at the same time so the producers wouldn't have to explain how no one has aged over the five year gap. 🙄

God in Heaven, even for the MCU this series blows.

Haha at some point, Sony just gets waaay too high on their own farts.

12 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Bring back Nicholas Hammond!!

Yeah hey if Maguire and Garfield get to come back how about Nicholas Hammond and Shinji Todo, why not just make it that stupid , come on sony go full gusto or nothing.

My first thought was maybe Sony's been wrestling with a guilty collective conscience over how they unceremoniously dumped both Maguire and Garfield, lol. 

I never actually saw the second Garfield /Spider-Man flick, so I have zero thoughts about it's place in the cosmic scheme. As for this potentially being true? Ehh, I don't even care, man. Just make a good movie, make it fun, make it reverent and I'm cool as ice with it. Though...if we're talking Spider-verse stuff, I'd much rather see live action versions of Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen...and Punk Spider Man, and Nicolas Cage Noir Spider-Man.😎

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah hey if Maguire and Garfield get to come back how about Nicholas Hammond and Shinji Todo, why not just make it that stupid , come on sony go full gusto or nothing.

I would prefer nothing

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

I would prefer nothing

agreed I want nothing, I think it's going to be a bad mistep to make a multiverse movie with Toby and Andrew's Spider-Men being involved because of a multiverse.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

agreed I want nothing, I think it's going to be a bad mistep to make a multiverse movie with Toby and Andrew's Spider-Men being involved because of a multiverse.

spacer.png

I see no point in this and really if anything, just an avenue to disaster. Just concentrate on building up Spider-Man's background and flesh out his own stories first. 

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

I would prefer nothing

I think we all would but if they're gonna get silly with it might as well go all out.  Of course Nicholas Hammond is 70 so he'd have to play retired spidey or something. i'm hoping these rumors amount to just quick cameos rather than Maguire and Garfield being integral to the plot, anyhow.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I think we all would but if they're gonna get silly with it might as well go all out.  Of course Nicholas Hammond is 70 so he'd have to play retired spidey or something. i'm hoping these rumors amount to just quick cameos rather than Maguire and Garfield being integral to the plot, anyhow.

He could play spider ben. Either versions

DC is bringing Keaton into Batman Role for Flash. And knowing how reactionary Disney was in the past with h Civil War right after BvS announcement, It only makes sense Marvel will try to attempt to bring Tobey and Andrew, there’s whole generation that grew up on Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy, Andrew Garfield movies also have  their fans mostly due to organic chemistry Emma Stone and Garfield portrayed in the movie. So there’s more than one bough fan base and recognition to make it popular.  I don’t think it’s crazy madness or even bad. Seeing them back would be amazing if it’s done right, and it can   it can be disappointing and heartbreaking if it’s done wrong.  Both Tobey and Andrew deserve this chance because they were  fired  without hesitation by Sony when it was really Sony’s execs fault movies suffered and sucked. So with right story this can be awesome but I think at this point we need small clues and teases and maybe do real spider verse movie in 4,5 or even 6th movie as the conclusive end of second trilogy for Holland. 

22 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I see no point in this and really if anything, just an avenue to disaster. Just concentrate on building up Spider-Man's background and flesh out his own stories first. 

Yeah, Spidey's identity being exposed and wanted for the murder of Mysterio is plenty for a movie, we don't need it sidelined by Into the Live Action Spiderverse

Personally, I'd love to see Sony establish a new Spider-franchise totally separate from Disney's. Different story, different Spider-Man, the whole nine yards. No magic techno-suits, no Iron Man bromance, no genius school.

Lot of reports that we will be getting some information in December, at least we might get a synopsis or title

Haha spider-verse.... Don't leave out Pork-grind or Miles Morales...  I'm always down for a curveball and some crazy bat #$## crazy ideas.   Bring back Kirsten Dunst too!