Marvel Legends Deluxe Eternals Kro Movie Figure Revealed *SPOILERS*

JayC

Wow that looks nothing like the Kro I know, but... I think this looks really awesome actually, what a cool design, I'm down for this new and completely inaccurate rendition, looks far cooler then he did in the books

so wait is this showing up in stores then already?

10 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wow that looks nothing like the Kro I know, but... I think this looks really awesome actually, what a cool design, I'm down for this new and completely inaccurate rendition, looks far cooler then he did in the books

so wait is this showing up in stores then already?

Found in Hong kong

Also I guess this confirms that the Selma Hayek figure actually was real and not a custom (like some said) because both this figure and that one have the same box decos.

wonder how far a long it will be until this whole wave leaks to the world. It seems imminent , and I doubt Disney/Hasbro is looking to pleased about that.

Well I’m really glad I don’t have any connection to the Eternals whatsoever, because I actually really dig this design. He does look like some kind of primordial symbiote, which is badass. He just looks really creepy, which I love. I’m actually pretty intrigued by the movie, but I guess I’m in the minority there.

As bad as these things are shaking out to look the more I'm convinced that they have some badass BAF set up for this wave to drum up interest and my stupid toy lovers heart will force me to get it.

This thing reminds me of the indistinct, smooth, generic, slimy larva looking thing they tried to pass off as Doomsday in Dawn of Justice. Nothing cool or recognizable about it.

This movie is staying relevant on hype alone. They are doing with this movie something much like Captain Goddess Above All. They shoehorn this thing between two of the most significant events in MCU history and let everyone think it's required reading, when all its gonna do is explain where the X-Men have been and where the FF will be coming from.

I'm interested, sure, but I think I can let someone else spend the cash and watch a spoiler review the next day.

17 hours ago, MightyThorness said:

This is supposed to be Kro it looks nothing like him!! I really hope that this movie fails they have made way to many changes from the comic.

From what I have seen so far I don't think we have to hope for anything, they are doing a good job of that on their own, not only does this not look like Kro, but it will make a fine new Parademon for my Darkseid collection. Slap a DC logo on that box and call him Parademon Prime. As for Kro, it should be back to the drawing board and use the two pics that JayC posted.

I said before that the pics released of the cast look nothing like the Eternals from the comics, and this thing is no better. Why they're deviating (no pun intended) so much from the source material, I don't know, but whenever I've seen this kind of thing before it makes me think SOMEONE knows they've got a stinker on their hands, and are trying to pre-emptively distance as much as possible (Keanu Constantine, Halle Catwoman, Jennifer Elektra, Dolph Punisher come to mind). Who knows, they might pull it off, but right now I'm afraid this is gonna poison the comic properties just like Inhumans and Iron Fist did. Ugh....bitter ashes in the mouth.....

18 hours ago, MightyThorness said:

This is supposed to be Kro it looks nothing like him!! I really hope that this movie fails they have made way to many changes from the comic.

16 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Ehhh wow i don’t really wanna knock the movie yet but... I don’t really know what to say.. smh

7 hours ago, monron999 said:

This movie is staying relevant on hype alone. They are doing with this movie something much like Captain Goddess Above All. They shoehorn this thing between two of the most significant events in MCU history and let everyone think it's required reading, when all its gonna do is explain where the X-Men have been and where the FF will be coming from.

46 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I said before that the pics released of the cast look nothing like the Eternals from the comics, and this thing is no better. Why they're deviating (no pun intended) so much from the source material, I don't know, but whenever I've seen this kind of thing before it makes me think SOMEONE knows they've got a stinker on their hands, and are trying to pre-emptively distance as much as possible (Keanu Constantine, Halle Catwoman, Jennifer Elektra, Dolph Punisher come to mind). Who knows, they might pull it off, but right now I'm afraid this is gonna poison the comic properties just like Inhumans and Iron Fist did. Ugh....bitter ashes in the mouth.....

I am amazed that all of the Eternals fans in the entire world are right here on this message board. If you're already predicting doom and gloom for this movie because the characters might look different on screen than they did in the comics 40 years ago, then boy, are you going to be disappointed when you see Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014. 

So while this version of Kro is certainly unique, i might suggest that they know they need to change the looks of these characters because many of the original designs are not that great either.

and if there is one MCU movie where they can allow some creative freedom to change or improve on character appearances it’s this one.

i think this movie succeeds because of the marketing juggernaut that Disney can throw behind it and the cast. However I also suspect that they are getting the entire cast out in one fell swoop because there won’t be a second wave..☹️

And while I don’t care for how this guy looks, I mean the Abomination from the Incredible Hulk didn’t look this bad over ten years ago, this could be Disney saying that they know the Eternals aren’t that exciting so they just wipe the slate clean and creat all new looks because... who cares?!?

outside of the names of the characters there is almost zero connection from the comics to this film, and if I’m being honest I don’t really hate that approach. Cuz nothing was going to get me excited about the Eternals. And from what I’ve seem of the costume designs a bunch of normal looking people in robes isn’t going to change that opinion.

with such low expectations why not do a take on a franchise that they can literally go in any direction. May be the only shot to be a sleeper hit

I'll give Marvel a lot of rope before saying they've hanged themselves, but that honestly looks like they've lifted a design from DC's movie villains.  Kind of uninspired and considering what he looks like in the books, rather dull 

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I am amazed that all of the Eternals fans in the entire world are right here on this message board. If you're already predicting doom and gloom for this movie because the characters might look different on screen than they did in the comics 40 years ago, then boy, are you going to be disappointed when you see Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014. 

Well I did say I wasn’t gonna knock the movie just because the appearances of the characters look bland AF to me. I don’t even know much about the Eternals anyway. Neither did I know much about GotG but I was looking forward to seeing that 🤷‍♂️. These characters I’ve seen thus far just don’t look that appealing to me; that’s all.