Marvel Legends 6" Retro Black Cat Figure Revealed From Hasbro

JayC

Well hello there Ms Hardy!! Lol!
Nice man! I dig it, and I'm happy they used the same bod, because as Shartimus Prime said recently of Jocasta "I remember those Nalgaaaas!" Despite the concrete hair, I still like the first one a bit better, but since this is classic, I'm all in! I'm really loving these Classic Spidey figures! Really really hoping we see Classic versions of Hobgoblin and Puma soon, too, and hopefully some kind of Sandman upgrade and a more classic looking Kraven!

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:58 AM, Legender said:

HILARIOUS! They had EVERYTHING to do "the definitive" Black Cat figure, the new face technology and the previous body mold, but noooo, they go and screw it ... EASY PASS!

Glad for the people that doesnt have something similar to the pre-Marvel Now Black Cat though!

Never been a big fan of the character but as I have to say, repeatedly, if you're gonna do the figure then do it right. Black Cat shows cleavage, end of story, so removing the fur here makes no sense. I would say its far and away better than that Kingpin BAF abomination, but if you have the original, youre all set. I like that they didn't go with the blue wash on the white this time. The newer head does look good; don't think it warrants buying a whole figure but that's really up to the consumer. At the very least we can see theyre reusing this buck- its on the upcoming Rogue, its on Jocasta, SHOULD have been used for Emma in the Hellfire Club set, but great that Hasbro is willing to move away from this scrawny-body-for-every-female figure nonsense. Yay!bc.thumb.jpg.3ff50ca9fbf5945986918a92d7931223.jpg

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Black Cat shows cleavage, end of story, so removing the fur here makes no sense.

But... but someone already posted a picture in this very thread that shows Black Cat in this variation of her costume, and the neck-line is identical to the new figure. So, I don't think that is the end of the story.

EDIT: Sorry, I checked again, and the neck-line isn't identical. It appears to be deep enough, but should've been wider.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

At the very least we can see theyre reusing this buck- its on the upcoming Rogue, its on Jocasta, SHOULD have been used for Emma in the Hellfire Club set, but great that Hasbro is willing to move away from this scrawny-body-for-every-female figure nonsense. Yay!

Wait, did you really want them to paint Emma's corset on? I thought you hated painted-on costume details. I think Emma turned out perfectly.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

But... but someone already posted a picture in this very thread that shows Black Cat in this variation of her costume, and the neck-line is identical to the new figure. So, I don't think that is the end of the story.

EDIT: Sorry, I checked again, and the neck-line isn't identical. It appears to be deep enough, but should've been wider.

Wait, did you really want them to paint Emma's corset on? I thought you hated painted-on costume details. I think Emma turned out perfectly.

No, didnt say anything about her corset being painted on. They could've used the same Rogue/Gamora buck and sculpted the corset over it. It was a nice touch to sculpt the evening gloves on.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
36 minutes ago, mako said:

Little bit closer to how she looked in the original 'toon. I'll buy it. Besides, the retro figures are one of the few things Hasbro has done lately that DON'T cheese me off.

Not even the Retro Ant-man?

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
36 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Even though I think it’s a pretty lame figure I have been  tempted to grab him just to get the mini wasp. Really bugs me that I don’t have one although I was glad to get a mini Antman with the wasp figure 

I honestly think the Toybiz on still looks better. The Retro version is way to Thin. I'd like to see him re-done  on either the Sunfire Mold or Spidey-UK mold. 

20 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Never been a big fan of the character but as I have to say, repeatedly, if you're gonna do the figure then do it right. Black Cat shows cleavage, end of story, so removing the fur here makes no sense. I would say its far and away better than that Kingpin BAF abomination, but if you have the original, youre all set. I like that they didn't go with the blue wash on the white this time. The newer head does look good; don't think it warrants buying a whole figure but that's really up to the consumer. At the very least we can see theyre reusing this buck- its on the upcoming Rogue, its on Jocasta, SHOULD have been used for Emma in the Hellfire Club set, but great that Hasbro is willing to move away from this scrawny-body-for-every-female figure nonsense. Yay!bc.thumb.jpg.3ff50ca9fbf5945986918a92d7931223.jpg

I'm gonna kitbash the hell out of this figure. The new head and feet are getting put on the older figure and THAT will be the Purrrrfect Black Cat.

Edit: Hopefully the whites will match up, though I suspect they won't. Oh well, nothing a little wash won't fix.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 1:32 PM, SpiderS said:

Btw this is real good black widow body if you have spare lower legs and arms. 

Now that's a great idea. Minus the fur tops on the gloves and boots, it would be perfect for a Black Widow; they could even keep the face, get rid of the mask of course and do a dark red for the hair. Use the wrist blasters and belt from the vintage (of the shiner set from the White Widow) and you're set.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Now that's a great idea. Minus the fur tops on the gloves and boots, it would be perfect for a Black Widow; they could even keep the face, get rid of the mask of course and do a dark red for the hair. Use the wrist blasters and belt from the vintage (of the shiner set from the White Widow) and you're set.

Or give  us 3 heads, tbh I really loved Widow's motorcycle head (just needed better paint) as well as spectacular white costume head. Widow is super spy she must be really muscular, which that body is. 

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'm gonna kitbash the hell out of this figure. The new head and feet are getting put on the older figure and THAT will be the Purrrrfect Black Cat.

Edit: Hopefully the whites will match up, though I suspect they won't. Oh well, nothing a little wash won't fix.

Whites likely will match good enough but Skin tones sadly for us won't. I will probably just do feet and hair transplant.

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

Or give  us 3 heads, tbh I really loved Widow's motorcycle head (just needed better paint) as well as spectacular white costume head. Widow is super spy she must be really muscular, which that body is. 

I used the Dark Phoenix non-powered up head for my Black Widow on the vintage body. It would go well with that modified Black Cat figure. I will never understand why they think the same form they used for Kate Bishop should be used for the Widow.

24 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I used the Dark Phoenix non-powered up head for my Black Widow on the vintage body. It would go well with that modified Black Cat figure. I will never understand why they think the same form they used for Kate Bishop should be used for the Widow.

image.thumb.png.c7f9b340b7e878565ed4176ac34b1600.pngThat's why I made custom using Phoenix head, moonstone lowers body parts and mystique cleavage, which  I had to repaint. Not the best quality custom but looks good enough from far.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Friend of mine just had the Black Cat delivered. Again, I passed on it because I have the original, but I think its great others get another bite at the apple. Either case, its better than that weird thing they had in that Kingpin baf wave.

Anything would be better than the awful Queenpin Cat