Marvel Legends 6" Fan Poll Winner Silk Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Fan Poll winner 6" Silk figure from Hasbro. This figure was sold exclusively through the HasbroPulse website but is now sold out.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about them in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Fan-Channel-Silk-01.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-02.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-03.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-04.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-05.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-06.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-07.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-08.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-09.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-10.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-11.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-12.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-13.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-14.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-15.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-16.JPG

Fan-Channel-Silk-17.JPG

1 hour ago, Benn said:

What's the point of reviewing a sold-out figure that doesn't seem likely to be getting a reprint, at least not in exactly the same iteration? Are we just feeding flippers, at this point?

In my world, it’s the overpaying collectors who will always be feeding the flippers no matter what.

I love this figure, it's so much better then the original, which was fairly incorrect with the Gray, it seemed like it was conjured up from art that depicted Silk in the shadows (the cover of Silk #1), likely they started putting the original figure together with that comic as the source material for the figure, since it came out almost a year before the original figure did, this is an awesome repaint and I can't say I could be happier, because this finally looks much more accurate, the only nitpick is the stripe designs on the legs seem a bit too big and go to far down the leg, which isn't really how her suit tends to look, they are too exaggerated, anyways she is one of my fav newer characters. I am so glad I managed to grab this when I had the chance since it seems to be sold out for the time being (will she come back?) on Hasbro Pulse.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
14 hours ago, Benn said:

What's the point of reviewing a sold-out figure that doesn't seem likely to be getting a reprint, at least not in exactly the same iteration? Are we just feeding flippers, at this point?

I don't get the point of watching reviewers review a straight up repaint...  I'd say my interest in reviewers has come to a halt. I stopped following Shart because kept asking people for money. If I do watch a review I think Boog and D-amazing give a good reviews, plus if I am going to watch a review I prefer to watch it from someone who actually displays their figures.  Anthony's Customs makes me laugh too cause he gets soo worked up when they do something he doesn't like . I'm excited to see if he ever gets his line of figures off the ground. 

Just overwhelmingly unimpressed. I actually like the first one better. I guess the colors are off a bit, but not only does the older one have more paint (on the back) but I like the skin tone and the facial deco a lot better. Just look how the red web pattern transitions to black on the original and how it just abruptly ends on the new one. Little details, folks.  I was sad when this thing sold out so quickly, but now I'm really okay with it. I'm sure the fact that it sold out so fast will ensure that it gets another release.

3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I don't get the point of watching reviewers review a straight up repaint...  I'd say my interest in reviewers has come to a halt. I stopped following Shart because kept asking people for money. If I do watch a review I think Boog and D-amazing give a good reviews, plus if I am going to watch a review I prefer to watch it from someone who actually displays their figures.  Anthony's Customs makes me laugh too cause he gets soo worked up when they do something he doesn't like . I'm excited to see if he ever gets his line of figures off the ground. 

Silk doesn't do anything for me but I do think the white looks better. Hey I also laugh at Anthony's Customs; he does indeed go in when he doesn't like something. I don't always agree with him but he at least seems willing to call people out when they need it. Some of these reviewers get a bit too comfortable with these makers and it clouds their judgement.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Silk doesn't do anything for me but I do think the white looks better. Hey I also laugh at Anthony's Customs; he does indeed go in when he doesn't like something. I don't always agree with him but he at least seems willing to call people out when they need it. Some of these reviewers get a bit too comfortable with these makers and it clouds their judgement.

I honestly do like the white better than the grey. But I already had the grey so I thought I'd skip this one.  

And Definitely. We get a lot a reviewers that seem so life-less when they review.  But Anthony when he gets upset about something makes me laugh. Mostly cause they are toys. Yes Hasbro can and should be better but he really gets upset about it. Like we didn't know what it was before we bought it.  After about 2 years of collecting legends you can pretty much know what will be a dud.  But he is honest and I can appreciate that part and he has never asked for money or complained about his viewers. 

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

But on the flip side, doesn’t Anthony have an incentive to rag on the retail lines, since his whole thing is that his customs are *better*? It’s not like Shartimus has his own custom line (aside from the usual t-shirts and patreon requests). 

personally I find Anthony tends to repeat his complaints over and over again to the point where it’s annoyingly, plus placing too much emphasis on realistic anatomy for figures based on comic nook characters, but to each his own. 

on topic, silk is a good looking figure but since I’ve never read any of her comic appearances I don’t feel any need to pick up this figure, especially with a lot of other figures out there I still want to get

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

But on the flip side, doesn’t Anthony have an incentive to rag on the retail lines, since his whole thing is that his customs are *better*? It’s not like Shartimus has his own custom line (aside from the usual t-shirts and patreon requests). 

personally I find Anthony tends to repeat his complaints over and over again to the point where it’s annoyingly, plus placing too much emphasis on realistic anatomy for figures based on comic nook characters, but to each his own. 

on topic, silk is a good looking figure but since I’ve never read any of her comic appearances I don’t feel any need to pick up this figure, especially with a lot of other figures out there I still want to get

He definitely has his moments. Where I’m like its a toy and if you saw the promotional image you knew it was coming. But after all these years i find the comedy in it. Every reviewer has something to offer and I don't hate on them. I just choose some over others. 

I am very glad that they are redoing/re-releasing her to those that werent able to get her the first time. She was pretty much the most sought after aside from Hob from that wave. Im glad I got her original as I like it better and wanted that venom. The bright paint looks great but def not a fan of not having anything on the back. The extra accessories are nice additions too. The white def pops more and is more accurate. 

37 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I am very glad that they are redoing/re-releasing her to those that werent able to get her the first time. She was pretty much the most sought after aside from Hob from that wave. Im glad I got her original as I like it better and wanted that venom. The bright paint looks great but def not a fan of not having anything on the back. The extra accessories are nice additions too. The white def pops more and is more accurate. 

Interestingly but having something and nothing on the back is accurate depending on the artist

2 hours ago, tarot said:

The box was more then likely made Before the winner was picked. It would have been the same box for all three

Speaking about the back of the box for this figure, do we think there is any relevence to all of the characters on the back? like are they hinting at these figures coming out in later times or is it just a big picture of randomly picked characters? or is it a teaser of whats to come, some of the characters that popped out to me are America Chavez (she actually was kinda being hinted at in a recent interview with the legends team), Mandarin, Ultron, Quake, Red Skull, Scar, Tigra, Devil Dinosaur etc.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:11 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Speaking about the back of the box for this figure, do we think there is any relevence to all of the characters on the back? like are they hinting at these figures coming out in later times or is it just a big picture of randomly picked characters? or is it a teaser of whats to come, some of the characters that popped out to me are America Chavez (she actually was kinda being hinted at in a recent interview with the legends team), Mandarin, Ultron, Quake, Red Skull, Scar, Tigra, Devil Dinosaur etc.

As neat as that would be, Im betting its just a generic "marvel universe" back instead of doing a specific Silk character portrait. They most likely didnt do a photoshopped pic of this new retweak. 

5 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

As neat as that would be, Im betting its just a generic "marvel universe" back instead of doing a specific Silk character portrait. They most likely didnt do a photoshopped pic of this new retweak. 

You are probably right, but lets hope maybe these are teasers for future figures to be released.