Would you buy Christmas themed Legends?

Lord_Scareglow

I was just having a conversation with a friend of mine in regards to the awful new Christmas themed Star Wars Black Series figures, I'm just curious if Legends released something similar I.E. Christmas themed re-deco'd legends would you buy them?

I personally think the whole Holiday Star Wars themed figures wave is a massive bottom barrel cash grab scheme, and I think it's low brow, but if Legends did the same would you be opposed ? or would you be all for it?

how about Santa Hat Spider-Man, Christmas Sweater Deadpool etc. ??

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I was just having a conversation with a friend of mine in regards to the awful new Christmas themed Star Wars Black Series figures, I'm just curious if Legends released something similar I.E. Christmas themed re-deco'd legends would you buy them?

I personally think the whole Holiday Star Wars themed figures wave is a massive bottom barrel cash grab scheme, and I think it's low brow, but if Legends did the same would you be opposed ? or would you be all for it?

how about Santa Hat Spider-Man, Christmas Sweater Deadpool etc. ??

I'm sure there are in-canon Christmas figures that could be made. The X-Men had a few Christmas issues back in the day, I think.

Does it need to be limited to Christmas? Are there any other holiday figures that appeared in the comics or cartoons? I hope you don't think I'm trying to hijack your thread, just asking your thoughts.

3 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

I would pass on them. I would have no room for them in my collection.

I can see someone going nuts with this. For every Marvel Legend, a spare head with an X-mas stocking cap. Spidey & Hulk would love it. X-Mas X-Men. Candy cane billy club for Daredevil. X-mas lights on Falcon's wings. Ugly x-mas sweater for Guardian (now he'll have a reason for the grumpy face).

But I too would pass on such a thing. I'm still waiting on the Inhumans and original Guardians teams to get finished. At the very least give me my corrected Vision and would it kill these guys to make Red Wolf, or the golden age Human Torch....

xmas marv.jpg

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

I would buy a marvel legends Santa Claus but I would pass on characters just remolded in Green, red and white. Especially because putting Red and green next to each other is such an Eye sore.

Red and white looks dope tho.  Plus with the Tech 9 we just got. Santa could should Iron-man. 

Here's some really rad Christmas themed comic book covers from yesteryear  to get you into the holiday mood… | Iron man comic cover, Christmas comics,  Iron man comic

No interest in either xmas themed MLs or Star Wars (altho the range trooper in Santa colors is clever and seemed tailor-made for the Fwoosh’s Robo’s Gus character). The Star Wars ones did sell our quickly (at least preorders). Feels like ML could get away with doing certain A-listers in green and red or red and white, iron man, Spidey, deadpool, wolverine, etc.  

If they had something at a lower price point they could probably sell a lot of these to casuals, but hard to see non-collectors shelling out $20 each for holiday themed figures. Plus it seems more likely given recent trends that hasbro would sell them in 2-packs for $50 or something 

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I can see someone going nuts with this. For every Marvel Legend, a spare head with an X-mas stocking cap. Spidey & Hulk would love it. X-Mas X-Men. Candy cane billy club for Daredevil. X-mas lights on Falcon's wings. Ugly x-mas sweater for Guardian (now he'll have a reason for the grumpy face).

But I too would pass on such a thing. I'm still waiting on the Inhumans and original Guardians teams to get finished. At the very least give me my corrected Vision and would it kill these guys to make Red Wolf, or the golden age Human Torch....

xmas marv.jpg

Wouldn’t Guardian celebrate Boxing Day? 

Id like to say I’d pass but if they threw out a Cap, or IM (more repaints of those two?!?) I’m sure I’d lose that fight with my impulsive side

the Black series Xmas stuff has a certain amount of whimsy but those at least are an easy pass. Legends would be wait and see

I want to say I'd have no interest, but who knows? I collect Black Series and those figures didn't do anything for me.

33 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Boxing Day is just what you call the day after X-mas in the UK (and a few other countries). It's sort of a X-mas sub-holiday, not an alternative to it.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:34 PM, McHogan said:

Id like to say I’d pass but if they threw out a Cap, or IM (more repaints of those two?!?) I’m sure I’d lose that fight with my impulsive side

the Black series Xmas stuff has a certain amount of whimsy but those at least are an easy pass. Legends would be wait and see

I don't know....I'm thinking more and more of that Daredevil candy cane billy club...

6 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

If they made any of these I'd snap em u

e48.jpg

Okay if they made this I'd buy it... I can't lie to myself *sigh*

7 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Yeah if they paid homage to this 2pack by updating it, I’d probably be interested.

A94F14B1-21A1-4F87-9A1E-5F34E65E88E5.jpeg

also this is probably, a probability I could see Hasbro doing this and paying homage, I'd buy it strickly for Mary Jane, if you could take off the Miss Claus outfit

I guess I might be swindled into a few X-Mas Legends.

If they did this the smart way they could make it work. Say there's a character that we badly need and say they do the gimmick entirely through swappable parts and the characters(s) could be reverted to a regular figure. I'll just throw one out there. What if they did a Classic Herc as Santa but they included a normal head sculpt and the robe was just a soft goods removable robe? What if they did Tigra as Mrs. Claws (get it?), and she had a similar gimmick where she could easily become the regular character, who we don't have yet. Make it a two pack. Display the two pack with the gimmick prominent, but just don't make it where the gimmick is the only way the figure can be displayed. That idea alone would have me on the hook.

It really depends on the execution, for me. Most of the Star Wars ones are underwhelming, IMO- especially at an elevated $24.99 price tag. I would buy ones that either make sense with the character, or are cute and/or clever- not just crappy, poorly thought out repaints. For example, I would buy a Deadpool in an ugly Christmas sweater, because it would be consistent with the character (Maybe with a Santa gat, and a sack full of weapons). I would buy a Santa Hulk, a red and green Iron Man, or something like a set with Beast as Santa, with Jubilee and a particularly unhappy-looking Wolverine as his elves. Heck, you could throw in Bobby Drake with a scarf, top hat, and removable carrot nose. A Volstagg or Odin as Santa would be funny, but they'd never do that. As some have said, In would gladly buy a Marvel Legends figure of Santa Claus. I would also buy that She-Hulk.