Marvel Legends - What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know As Of Now (10/8/2020)

JayC

After every major Hasbro reveal event, I like to do a recap of everything we know or have a pretty good idea is coming in the line Marvel Legends line. With the Pulsecon reveals the other weekend, I thought now was as good as time as any for a new recap segment of What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know.

We will start off with one of the reveals from Pulsecon that has already started hitting shelves. It's The Avengers Mr. Fixit Build-A-Figure wave.

23__scaled_600.jpg

This wave has the Stealth Captain American and Environmental Suit Iron Man figures from the new video game, as well as comic book based figures of Kang, Thunderstrike, Falcon and Jocasta. The Mr. Fixit Build-A-Figure is also based on the video game. This wave has been hitting Target store shelves, but you can also pre-order the figures at places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. The official release date on these really isn't supposed to be until late October or early November.

17__scaled_600.jpg

Another item announced at Pulsecon was the new Marvel Legends role-play Stormbreaker Electronic Axe. This should be out by December, and is also available for pre-order at BigBadToyStore.com.

While we are on the subject of non-six-inch Marvel Legends items. We know Hasbro is launching a new line of minimal articulated 3.75" "Retro" figures. Available now exclusively on the HasbroPulse website are 2-pack featuring Captain America/Black Panther, Iron Man/Cyclops, Spider-Man/Electro. If you buy all three sets then you can also get the metallic Iron Man/Black Panther 2-pack. Hasbro says they will be launching next year an entire retail-wide line of these type of "Retro" figures on single cardbacks which will cost $10 each.

28__scaled_600.jpg

The Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel was fully funded earlier this year and will be shipping out to folks in the fall of 2021.

29__scaled_600.jpg

Moving back to 6" figures, we will be seeing our first Vintage Collection Fantastic Four figure released this year. It will be a figure of Doctor Doom that will come on a cardback made to look like the old Toy Biz 5" Fantastic Four line. This will be released as a Fan-Channel exclusive. More Vintage Collection FF figures are heavily rumored to see release next year.

22__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro also continues to release more X-Men Vintage Collection figures with Rogue and Gambit. These are coming as Target store exclusives. Hasbro said at Pulsecon that these will be out in 2020. While I can't say 100%, a Target employee recently told me that these two figures would start hitting physical stores as early as the 15th of this month. According to them they will be put on a special endcap display along with more of the Storm/Thunderbird 2-packs.

14__scaled_600.jpg

15__scaled_600.jpg

Just this past Monday, Hasbro officially announced their new Spider-Man Vintage Collection Black Cat figure. This is another Fan-Channel exclusive which will be out by the end of this year or early next. The figure is available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

01__scaled_600.jpg

The first official wave of 2021 should be the Spider-Man themed Stilt-Man Build-A-Figure wave. Hasbro partially revealed this wave at PulseCon, showing us the new Into The Spider-Verse Miles Morales and Ghost-Spider with Spider-Ham figures.

02__scaled_600.jpg

03__scaled_600.jpg

Other figures for this wave they revealed included the army builder The Hand Red Ninja comic book based figure. This one will include the extender leg pieces for the Stilt-Man Build-A-Figure that they also showed.

06__scaled_600.jpg

05__scaled_600.jpg

The other figures that round out this wave will most likely include Peter B. Parker and Prowler from the Into The Spider-Verse movie as well as a comic book based Frog-Man. While this wave is technically listed for 2021, we will likely start to see it hitting shelves at the end of this year.

24__scaled_600.jpg

While we are on the subject of Spider-Man, we also know a new Firestar figure is in the works, which will see some kind of single release. Original reports indicated this figure would also include a pack-in of her dog Ms. Lion. Hasbro did not show that when they revealed the figure as Pulsecon, but that doesn't mean it won't be included.

16__scaled_600.jpg

There is also going to be a repainted Ms. Marvel figure which is made to look like she is cosplaying as Spider-Man. This is being released through the Marvel Comics Unlimited digital subscription service.

26__scaled_600.jpg

While not confirmed by Hasbro yet, we also have good indications that we will see the release of a Spider-Man Vintage Collection J. Jonah Jameson figure. This will likely be done as another Fan-Channel exclusive.

25__scaled_600.jpg

Other things we know coming in 2021 include a new X-Men wave. This wave will feature House Of X/Power Of X themed characters. The figures Hasbro revealed at Pulsecon include Professor X, Magneto (white outfit) and Moira MacTaggert. At Pulsecon Hasbro suggested this wave would see release around the same time that the Haslab Sentinel starts shipping out to people. No word yet on what the Build-A-Figure for this will be.

12__scaled_600.jpg

13__scaled_600.jpg

11__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro also revealed they will be doing an All-Villains themed wave for 2021. The two figures they showed for this wave include Arcade and Dormammu.

07__scaled_600.jpg

09__scaled_600.jpg

As a Deluxe release, we will also see an all-new sculpted comic book based Thanos figure. No word on if this will be an exclusive or not, but most likely it will be done as general release.

10__scaled_600.jpg

Speaking of Thanos, we still don't know what to make of the charred looking arm Hasbro showed as a tease earlier this year.

27__scaled_600.jpg

Coming to Walgreens and EBgames sometime in 2021 will be a new "Fallen" Silver Suffer figure, which will include Thor's Mjölnir hammer.

08__scaled_600.jpg

Other items we know are coming are figures based on the MCU The Eternals movie. We've already seen a Ajak (Salma Hayek) figure leak out, which looks like will be done as some kind of one-off figure. We also saw the Deluxe Kro figure leak out just the other day, which (UPDATE) will be a general release.

21__scaled_600.jpg

Besides those two, there will be a regular wave of figures released which should include movie versions of Ikaris, Sersi, Makkari, Sprite, Phastos, Kingo and Druig. No word on the Build-A-Figure for this wave, but I am still holding out hope it will be the Celestial Arishem the Judge.

30__scaled_600.jpg

Another movie wave we know is one based on Shang Chi. This will likely see a mixture of comic and movie based figures. As of right now Shang Chi: And The Legend Of The 10 Rings is slated to be released on July 9, 2021. The Eternals is slated for release on November 5, 2021. I expect the release of any movie based figures from these films to be timed with those dates, assuming they don't get delayed again.

So that is what we for now. More "official" reveals should be coming fairly soon from Hasbro. I also expect we will be seeing more "unofficial" reveals hitting the net very soon, so stay-tuned. As always we will do our best to keep you up-to-date with all the latest Marvel Legends happenings.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

1 hour ago, Lordtom said:

Can we have Cthulu rise in 2021 so that my wallet can take a breather?

I'll second. In a year that was drastically amended by the plague, it's amazing how much product came out this year. Hasbro is a muti-billion dollar company who needs no accolades from anyone, but I must say I'm very impressed on how the creative team behind ML was able to shift things around this year and really make it not appear that there was any major lull in the product distribution. My wallet has been worn down to threads and my debit card is on the verge of snapping. I can only wonder how much worse it woulda been if there hadn't been shutdown of the movie industry. I imagine next year will be a major overload of movie product, so I hope that gives me a bit of respite, but you never know. I'm a sucker for almost anything ML as long as it looks good. Fortunately for me, neither the Ajak or Kro figures from the Eternals that have been leaked are impressing me at all.

10 minutes ago, JayC said:

How that two armed Cull Obsidian mocks me.

It is a nice idea to have all the Black order together, though given the bashing my wallet as been taking, I'll be passing.

The Black Order box set is a huge slap in the face.  It makes me not want to pursue BAF any longer, especially with the frequency they are re-releasing them now.  In most cases, I end up buying half the set to complete the BAF.  And then I can get it for $30 a year later instead, saving $60+ in the process.  What's worse, the RR is often BETTER than the original BAF.  

Make up your mind, either have BAFs exclusive and actually collectible or ditch them altogether and just release the $30 exclusives.  

I don't see it as a slap in the face, because its a great chance for those who missed the first go-round. I really liked the Kingpin but couldn't justify spending $$ on figures I don't care for, so I didn't. It was a pleasant surprise that they remade him.

At the same time I can see where collecting all 6 or 7 figures to get a BAF, and then later that BAF is released, could be annoying for some people.

I can think of about 30 BAFs that haven't been re-released. Also, if one risks passing on a BAF thinking it will be re-issued in a year, bear in mind that Rhino, Mandroid, Ult Green Goblin and Absorbing Man all came out back in 2014 or thereabouts.

1 hour ago, Virtualzach said:

The Black Order box set is a huge slap in the face.  It makes me not want to pursue BAF any longer, especially with the frequency they are re-releasing them now.  In most cases, I end up buying half the set to complete the BAF.  And then I can get it for $30 a year later instead, saving $60+ in the process.  What's worse, the RR is often BETTER than the original BAF.  

Make up your mind, either have BAFs exclusive and actually collectible or ditch them altogether and just release the $30 exclusives.  

It's been almost 3  years since they first released that Thanos and Cull Obsidian Baf. How is that Slap in the face, its individual sculpts they cannot reuse I don't think we should be surprised that company that invested so much money in new mold will try to release it again in 2-3 years.

7 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

It's been almost 3  years since they first released that Thanos and Cull Obsidian Baf. How is that Slap in the face, its individual sculpts they cannot reuse I don't think we should be surprised that company that invested so much money in new mold will try to release it again in 2-3 years.

The surprise to me is that they waited this long, Feels like people would’ve been more excited about this a year ago or even earlier this year. but overall agree. Having only completed prof hulk BAF recently i will not be surprised to see a version with glasses and tacos released sometime. And we all know that armored Thanos is getting rereleased at some point too.

one thing that does surprise me is that they haven’t gotten around to rereleasing mantis or okoye yet, feels like they could’ve been part of some sort of set. Or maybe they would’ve been part of a Disney plus wave, I dunno.

And on the comic side I think it’s a safe bet that both Venompool and fixit get deluxe rereleases a year or two down the line. Dunno about less popular characters like Strong Guy and Sugarman though, they seem more like a one-time deal

Speaking of other figures, I really like that Ms. Marvel in spider-man costume really suits her fangirl persona, also just noticed how super elongated spider-gwen's torso looks as if it wasn't properly inserted in. I'm really Happy for Firestar but I wish they used new Black Widow base that has better proportions and more detailed sculpt instead of Kate Bishop body. Btw Hasbro team mention anywhere how tall new Dormammu is going to be? I know he isn't supposed to be super tall but I at least want him to tower most humans.

13 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Btw Hasbro team mention anywhere how tall new Dormammu is going to be? I know he isn't supposed to be super tall but I at least want him to tower most humans.

Dormammu can be any size, since he can alter his size but they said he would be shorter then the baf.

6 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Hasbro team has done another YouTube interview with Toy Bro channel, in which Dwight confirmed they are doing their first ever  double jointed female using pineless joint system. 

we have a thread with all the interviews (I could find) if you want you look have a look at them.

6 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Really wish Rogue had a new headsculpt, she should be smiling...

Isnt that weird? You'd think they would do that. Of course, who knows...remember they initially had 2 different heads for Jean Grey but by the time they actually released her, they changed it.....maybe they could do the same here...

8 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

The surprise to me is that they waited this long, Feels like people would’ve been more excited about this a year ago or even earlier this year. but overall agree. Having only completed prof hulk BAF recently i will not be surprised to see a version with glasses and tacos released sometime. And we all know that armored Thanos is getting rereleased at some point too.

one thing that does surprise me is that they haven’t gotten around to rereleasing mantis or okoye yet, feels like they could’ve been part of some sort of set. Or maybe they would’ve been part of a Disney plus wave, I dunno.

And on the comic side I think it’s a safe bet that both Venompool and fixit get deluxe rereleases a year or two down the line. Dunno about less popular characters like Strong Guy and Sugarman though, they seem more like a one-time deal

They'll almost certainly give us a Mantis for Vol 3, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get her sooner, maybe in a 2-pack with Drax or something. I also definitely want a redo of armored Thanos and Hulk in his jumpsuit. And bearded Cap...

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

One thing we know, the dreaded Dormammu from the comics is on the way. So with the arrival of the original, can our hopes for an original comic accurate Dr. Strange be far behind? 

Dormammu_3.jpg

ds.jpg

I really have no doubt in my mind whatsoever! I just wonder if they’ll be taking the deluxe route or not.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
18 hours ago, SpiderS said:

My personal opinion - They are re-releasing the same thanos baf for a 3rd time and including it in the cost.  Cull Obsidian is the real draw here and Hasbro knows it. Not only did they pack Cull in with the other children of Thanos that "appear" to be receiving better paint apps but they also packed him in with a Thanos that I'm sure many collectors are  stuck with 2 of already. One of which took buy 6 figures to build. Cull could have been sold separately. Thanos could have been excluded.  Either way, I wait for deluxe releases now and stopped collecting MCU a good while back.  That's my subjective opinion and may not be shared by others. And it's okay to disagree. 

3 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

My personal opinion - They are re-releasing the same thanos baf for a 3rd time and including it in the cost.  Cull Obsidian is the real draw here and Hasbro knows it. Not only did they pack Cull in with the other children of Thanos that "appear" to be receiving better paint apps but they also packed him in with a Thanos that I'm sure many collectors are  stuck with 2 of already. One of which took buy 6 figures to build. Cull could have been sold separately. Thanos could have been excluded.  Either way, I wait for deluxe releases now and stopped collecting MCU a good while back.  That's my subjective opinion and may not be shared by others. And it's okay to disagree. 

I agree that it’s kind of annoying that Cull will likely never see another release beyond this. Unless maybe they throw him in a with a IW Hulkbuster at some point. I’m getting this set because I love MCU stuff, especially the Black Order, and aside from Corvus, every member gets something new here. Yes that Thanos has been released 3 times now, but the first was ass, so really only twice meaningfully, and a lot of people didn’t get the 3-pack. I’m honestly just really happy to be getting that snapping hand. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, Ironspider428 said:

I agree that it’s kind of annoying that Cull will likely never see another release beyond this. Unless maybe they throw him in a with a IW Hulkbuster at some point. I’m getting this set because I love MCU stuff, especially the Black Order, and aside from Corvus, every member gets something new here. Yes that Thanos has been released 3 times now, but the first was ass, so really only twice meaningfully, and a lot of people didn’t get the 3-pack. I’m honestly just really happy to be getting that snapping hand. 

I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to Release cull a second time as a deluxe figure. Either way this three pack would be really annoying to me if  I collected MCU. Cause you like have collected one of the 2 options for Thanos. And no one is buying him from you on Ebay now, not unless it's dirt cheap.

And I mean dirt Cheap:

image.thumb.png.37687704c4f6733a15073c81d2b03fea.png

31 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to Release cull a second time as a deluxe figure. Either way this three pack would be really annoying to me if  I collected MCU. Cause you like have collected one of the 2 options for Thanos. And no one is buying him from you on Ebay now, not unless it's dirt cheap.

And I mean dirt Cheap:

image.thumb.png.37687704c4f6733a15073c81d2b03fea.png

whoa it's that cheap for you guys in the US, this set is still 100 or so bucks here in Canada, we didn't see a lot of this 3 pack pop up over here, I would buy this for even 50 if I saw it and I really don't care about anything other then Strange.. and not eve that much. You lucky Americans with the deep discounts.

Rektangular has some more leaks for 2021.

- Retro Fantastic Four is coming next year. It'll be six figures.

- A Retro J. Jonah Jameson is also said to be in the pipeline. 

- There will be a second Spider-Man wave in addition to the Stilt-Man wave. It's possible this may be for the third MCU Spider-Man movie, but nobody knows yet. 

- There will be two Avengers waves next year (likely at least one will be another Gamerverse wave since Hasbro still hasn't made Black Widow or Thor).

- There is POSSIBLY a second X-Men wave in addition to the House of X one, but he hasn't been able to confirm it. 

- A wave known only as "classic" is planned.

- There are several other Deluxe figures in addition to classic Thanos and MCU Kro.