Marvel Legends - What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know As Of Now (10/8/2020)

JayC

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to Release cull a second time as a deluxe figure. Either way this three pack would be really annoying to me if  I collected MCU. Cause you like have collected one of the 2 options for Thanos. And no one is buying him from you on Ebay now, not unless it's dirt cheap.

And I mean dirt Cheap:

image.thumb.png.37687704c4f6733a15073c81d2b03fea.png

That's kind of misleading. I doubt anyone still looking for that set can find it at any Gamestops.

9 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Rektangular has some more leaks for 2021.

- Retro Fantastic Four is coming next year. It'll be six figures.

- A Retro J. Jonah Jameson is also said to be in the pipeline. 

- There will be a second Spider-Man wave in addition to the Stilt-Man wave. It's possible this may be for the third MCU Spider-Man movie, but nobody knows yet. 

- There will be two Avengers waves next year (likely at least one will be another Gamerverse wave since Hasbro still hasn't made Black Widow or Thor).

- There is POSSIBLY a second X-Men wave in addition to the House of X one, but he hasn't been able to confirm it. 

- A wave known only as "classic" is planned.

- There are several other Deluxe figures in addition to classic Thanos and MCU Kro.

They aren't leaks as stating the obvious

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

They aren't leaks as stating the obvious

That's what I was thinking. Most of that stuff seems like mildly educated guesses. There are two Spider-Man waves every year, the retro Doctor Doom was a dead give-away a retro F4 wave was coming, there are usually two to three Avengers waves, and the X-Men maybe getting a second wave is pretty non-committal. They usually find a way to fit in more mutants, whether through a second X-wave, a Deadpool wave, a retro wave, an "X-Force" wave, or just fan channel releases. Whatever "classic" is, that's new and interesting, but J.J.J. was rumoured with Firestar and Black Cat already, and they made it clear all throughout this year that deluxe figures were going to keep coming.

16 minutes ago, Benn said:

That's what I was thinking. Most of that stuff seems like mildly educated guesses. There are two Spider-Man waves every year, the retro Doctor Doom was a dead give-away a retro F4 wave was coming, there are usually two to three Avengers waves, and the X-Men maybe getting a second wave is pretty non-committal. They usually find a way to fit in more mutants, whether through a second X-wave, a Deadpool wave, a retro wave, an "X-Force" wave, or just fan channel releases. Whatever "classic" is, that's new and interesting, but J.J.J. was rumoured with Firestar and Black Cat already, and they made it clear all throughout this year that deluxe figures were going to keep coming.

he was the one who founded those JJJ rumors and he has provided DCPI for the various new waves, but yeah most of the waves were obvious.

Yeah, it was pretty generalized once it got past the JJJ and Firestar we already knew were happening. It's similar to saying "uhhh yeah, so there's probably gonna be some X-Men figures next year, most likely one or two Avengers waves, maybe some Deadpool figures and there's a fair chance well see some Spider-Man product, perhaps a wave or two. Look for some movie waves and don't be surprised if there's an exclusive here and there and some deluxe figures and maybe some Riders reveals." Not crackin'too hard on Rek cuz he's generally on point. He's never really been known to say all that much to begin with and it's really never been his fare to do these kinda stale news information dumps, so it just seems a little odd. Maybe he's just getting a little stir crazy like everyone else and just wanted to put something out there to let us know he's still in the game. Weird.

9 hours ago, JayC said:

In ShartimusPrime's interview with Hasbro they say December for Retro Rogue and Gambit. My guess we will see them out before then, but probably not as soon as the 15th of this month like the Target employee was telling me last weekend.

They also said that unless it is IP protected like a movie wave, anything goes in terms of when it leaves the factory, so while they say December they probably will be out sooner

On 10/9/2020 at 12:41 PM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to Release cull a second time as a deluxe figure. Either way this three pack would be really annoying to me if  I collected MCU. Cause you like have collected one of the 2 options for Thanos. And no one is buying him from you on Ebay now, not unless it's dirt cheap.

And I mean dirt Cheap:

image.thumb.png.37687704c4f6733a15073c81d2b03fea.png

That’s a misleading image. I don’t remember ever seeing it for that price at GameStop, but it’s been up like that on their website for months now. 3-pack Thanos is about $50 on the aftermarket and the BAF went down to about $40 now. But yeah, no one’s buying him, likely in large part due to the new set.

On 10/10/2020 at 5:26 AM, tarot said:

he was the one who founded those JJJ rumors and he has provided DCPI for the various new waves, but yeah most of the waves were obvious.

I for one would be completely ok with a wave being released that we get no heads-up for at all. One day its just there, on Amazon, in stores, etc Totally out of the blue. What a nice surprise.

21 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I for one would be completely ok with a wave being released that we get no heads-up for at all. One day its just there, on Amazon, in stores, etc Totally out of the blue. What a nice surprise.

Reminds me of the Sega Saturn launch which didn't go well. 

Still I like the idea of someone going into a store and seeing stuff we never saw before

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

Reminds me of the Sega Saturn launch which didn't go well. 

Still I like the idea of someone going into a store and seeing stuff we never saw before

yeah funny enough I have dreams where I walk into a store and find a brand new unannounced wave, and it's all amazing and crazy, I remember one of my dreams there was a crazy Iron Man Groot Mash-up figure which I kept finding broken in the boxes, and one of the figures in the wave was strangely enough Kangaroo (in his more modern look) and he was the only figure there was 1 of on the pegs, I had to fight some guy for it.

Hasbro should try that some time, just release a secret random wave into the wild, people would go berserk

14 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah funny enough I have dreams where I walk into a store and find a brand new unannounced wave, and it's all amazing and crazy, I remember one of my dreams there was a crazy Iron Man Groot Mash-up figure which I kept finding broken in the boxes, and one of the figures in the wave was strangely enough Kangaroo (in his more modern look) and he was the only figure there was 1 of on the pegs, I had to fight some guy for it.

Hasbro should try that some time, just release a secret random wave into the wild, people would go berserk

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets action figure dreams. My dreams are also kinda strange, in dreams my local stores have some sort of ultra elusive ML figures, they get sold out super fast and mostly I'm always late and other weird stuff like that. I guess this is what it means to be obsessed with action figure collecting.

18 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets action figure dreams. My dreams are also kinda strange, in dreams my local stores have some sort of ultra elusive ML figures, they get sold out super fast and mostly I'm always late and other weird stuff like that. I guess this is what it means to be obsessed with action figure collecting.

haha I bet 90% of the people on this forum have those dreams, we are crazy collectors no? , I actually love wacky action figure dreams myself I'm all for it.

12 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sadly there would be no way they could release a secret wave. Leaks are everywhere, so it would be revealed way before it reached the shelves

On 10/15/2020 at 11:19 PM, Ironspider428 said:

That’s a misleading image. I don’t remember ever seeing it for that price at GameStop, but it’s been up like that on their website for months now. 3-pack Thanos is about $50 on the aftermarket and the BAF went down to about $40 now. But yeah, no one’s buying him, likely in large part due to the new set.

Is it tho? Maybe depends on the point you are trying to make. The point I am making is that these figures at some point were "on sale" at many retail stores. Figures generally increase in value after they are no longer available at retail. Specially main characters.  My biggest point is Hasbro will keep releasing figures until collectors have had their fill. I'm sure this isn't the last release of Thanos. Maybe we will see a battle armor Thanos and cull obsidian 2-pack. 

On 10/19/2020 at 6:21 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Is it tho? Maybe depends on the point you are trying to make. The point I am making is that these figures at some point were "on sale" at many retail stores. Figures generally increase in value after they are no longer available at retail. Specially main characters.  My biggest point is Hasbro will keep releasing figures until collectors have had their fill. I'm sure this isn't the last release of Thanos. Maybe we will see a battle armor Thanos and cull obsidian 2-pack. 

Yeah, fair. I never saw it for that price, personally, but if some people were able to get it that cheap, then good for them. My main point was that neither the BAF nor the 3-pack versions were ever easily accessible, and this new one is no different. They'd have to release him as a deluxe figure to make him 30 or less. And at this point I feel like they could simply with no new parts, simply because they've already given that mold 4 head sculpts and 4 gauntlet hands. Personally, I'm still waiting on a proper Endgame Thanos with no gauntlet and ankle pivot. They seem to have forgotten about Endgame after that last wave.