Avengers Infinity War Marvel Legends 6" The Children of Thanos Boxset Amazon Exclusive

JayC

The mystery of the charred Thanos arm has been solved with the announcement of this new Amazon exlcusive boxset.

The set is based on the Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame movie and Inlcudes Thanos, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, and Cull Obsidian.

Cull Obsidian is a much improved version of the previous version looking more movie accurate. Thanos has the alternate charred arm and head. The release date is December 15, 2020. You can pre-order it now.

Infinity-War-Boxset-01.jpg

Infinity-War-Boxset-02.jpg

Infinity-War-Boxset-03.jpg

Infinity-War-Boxset-04.jpg

Infinity-War-Boxset-05.jpg

Infinity-War-Boxset-06.jpg

Infinity-War-Boxset-07.jpg

Infinity-War-Boxset-08.jpg

I mean, its a cool option for anyone who skipped out on these guys the 1st time around.  But I'm just not sure how large a group of collectors that is.  Yeah, plenty of folks would like a more movie accurate cull obsidian, but the rest seemed pretty good the 1st time around, at least good enough to not make me want to shell out $120 for a replacement set.  Guess we'll see how the preordering goes but feels like the market is pretty limited for something like this, probably hasbro trying to capitalize on mcu collector's desperation for something 'new' to buy since eternals wave etc are postponed.  I predict it sits around for awhile and then gets marked down, at which point some folks might scoop it up (especially after they've sold off their previous versions on ebay - i'm guessing many are doing that right now)

34 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

".... Guess we'll see how the preordering goes but feels like the market is pretty limited for something like this, probably hasbro trying to capitalize on mcu collector's desperation for something 'new' to buy since eternals wave etc are postponed...."

Agree. I don't often care for the MCU versions but this time around I really liked the Black Order. Cull Obsidian of course was more like the comic version than the MCU, but even so I like the one I already have and don't see the need for the (very cool) more accurate cinema version. What's great is that anyone who was unable to get them all  before, now has another chance.

Maybe if they are trying to fill the void with all the postponements, we'll get to see other figures re-released or maybe even they'll start hammering out some of these figures they've been dragging on: finish out the Inhumans, for example.

This is why I usually don't pick up first release MCU figures, they're based on concept art and a few times it's not what shows up on screen (Ant-Man, Quantum Suits) or they don't look that great (SO glad I waited for Vol.2 to get the Guardians of the Galaxy) and an upgraded version gets released sometime down the road.

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

BAH HAHA, What a gigantic slap in the face to anyone who had collected all these figures individually... All of them are miles better and Cull Obsidian is movie accurate. 

I dont think the others but Cull look drastically better than the original versions, but that makes it even worse.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
25 minutes ago, JayC said:

I dont think the others but Cull look drastically better than the original versions, but that makes it even worse.

I think Ebony Maw and Glaive look way better. Cull obviously is a huge upgrade for MCU collectors. Thanos is more or less the same. Regardless of better or worse this is a huge slap in the face for any MCU collector. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
29 minutes ago, JayC said:

On top of that they don't even give you a discount for buying more figures. Which is something Hasbro needs to revisit. If we buy more figures we shouldn't be paying the same or more. We should be paying less for buying in Bulk. 

Oh man Hasbro you sly foxes, I can't stand that I like this set alot, I also never finished both MCU Thanos or Cull, I would have loved if they just gave us individual deluxes on those, because shelling out the big bucks on this set and I already have Proxima, Corvus and Maw, ugh and they look better now. this is a real rough curve ball Hasbro, I really love that Cull. I wonder maybe if this will make the BAF parts cheaper for the original.. I think I will observe this set from a far, maybe buy if it goes on discount, maybe I'll buy the cheaper BAF parts for Cull if people are getting rid of them. I'm in no hurry to spend 200+ CAD on this.

Props to Hasbro for delivering movie-accurate Proxima Midnight and Cull Obsidian, plus Ebony Maw and Corvus Glaive have better colors, but releasing them all in one box-set for over $100 is hefty.

I just wish the charred Thanos arm had heralded something a bit less self-contained. Well, I'm hoping this means Marvel will keep revisiting Infinity War, since I'm still waiting for Hulkbuster 2.0 and War Machine MK 4.

5 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

BAH HAHA, What a gigantic slap in the face to anyone who had collected all these figures individually... All of them are miles better and Cull Obsidian is movie accurate. 

How dare you slap me Euphoric, this is an outrage. But seriously I'm glad I don't have to go thru the hustle and bustle of going after this new box set. My work is already done and I can live with that.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Yeah they look better, just not so much at least IMO to be worth buying again.

Untitled.jpg

Thats the face that Proxima had when Cap caught her ugly stick when she tried to spear him. Then she caught a beat down from Falcon and Black Widow. Thats the face.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
28 minutes ago, silverback said:

How dare you slap me Euphoric, this is an outrage. But seriously I'm glad I don't have to go thru the hustle and bustle of going after this new box set. My work is already done and I can live with that.

If i were hasbro i would never slap you or any fans of my toy line in the face.

I’m all over this set. Pre-ordered 2. I figured I skipped on the Sentinel and two sets is way more bang for my buck than that Sentinel plus two army builders ( that nobody can afford to build 😂)

i love the improved, movie accurate looks. To each their own and for me this is a must buy even if it means the original Black Order I already have never see my shelf again.

but for the love of god Hasbro, you have found a way to make me buy these figures 3 times, have mercy and get me an MCU Quicksilver!!!

Oh man just remembered that with Amazon I have to check a box to say I want my items shipped in a box..went back to make sure this was done but didnt  see the option, maybe they realized how dumb that was and removed the choice to have it shipped as is..

6 hours ago, ADour said:

Props to Hasbro for delivering movie-accurate Proxima Midnight and Cull Obsidian, plus Ebony Maw and Corvus Glaive have better colors, but releasing them all in one box-set for over $100 is hefty.

I just wish the charred Thanos arm had heralded something a bit less self-contained. Well, I'm hoping this means Marvel will keep revisiting Infinity War, since I'm still waiting for Hulkbuster 2.0 and War Machine MK 4.

In one of the recent interviews the Hasbro team did this week, they confirmed they plan to do another 80th anniversary type of deal for MCU characters they still haven't made yet. I'm also guessing that's why they had that Quicksilver joke in the PulseCon livestream.