Marvel Legends 6" Fantastic Four Retro Dr. Doom Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

This figure is a nice way to give people a chance to grab a doom since the FF wave one was so difficult for people to find and now commands a steeper secondary price. I personally have no interest in this figure in fact I like the wave release better all around, I dislike the strange soft goods bib (glad to see you can remove it), and I actually like the darker colors on the wave version, this one has a cool classic head however  (still dig the wave head more though) and some fun accessories but it's an easy pass.

There's something funny about two books of magic, the Book of the Vishanti and the Darkhold, both having graphs.

This figure looks pretty good, but I prefer the headsculpt and paint apps in the first release. But since I'm still hunting for that one, at least I can hope this new version helps lower its price in the aftermarket.

39 minutes ago, scotty said:

I know this isn't the most popular opinion but I hope they continue this series and we get most of the figures from the old toy biz days.......dragon man.

Oh on the contrary I assume that everyone hopes this line continues and provides us with as many of the FF figures it can, and most importantly the characters that toybiz did in those days now in 6'' in legends form that we still have yet to see like of course Dragon Man, Psycho Man, Wizard, Mole Man, Annihilus, Firelord etc.

I can also say that I feel it's pretty much certain we get a Vintage carded FF wave next year my friend.

7 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

This figure is a nice way to give people a chance to grab a doom since the FF wave one was so difficult for people to find and now commands a steeper secondary price.

6 hours ago, ADour said:

This figure looks pretty good, but I prefer the headsculpt and paint apps in the first release. But since I'm still hunting for that one, at least I can hope this new version helps lower its price in the aftermarket.

I still have over 20 of the original Doom in my store inventory at $21.50/each with zero movement, so I hope people aren't paying too much elsewhere.

6 hours ago, Benn said:

I still have over 20 of the original Doom in my store inventory at $21.50/each with zero movement, so I hope people aren't paying too much elsewhere.

That's crazy, seems like he has been very hard to find for a lot of folks (he's currently at about $40 on amazon) so hopefully some people will hit you up. Unfortunately my guess is that once the new version comes out people will lose interest in superskrull wave version since the newer one comes with the book accessories (and, to a lesser extent, the green effect pieces)

Also i'm a bit confused, i thought this guy was gonna be part of an FF retro wave.. or is he a solo release?  How are people getting ahold of him already if he's part of a wave.  what characters make up the rest of the wave?   or did someone just steal one off a factory floor or something.

I hope I can find a reviewer that takes the cloth piece off and puts the head back on in comparison. His colors would work great for a Marvel Vs Capcom doom. I have the baf wave one and i love both heads on that one so its not a big thing but would def be curious.