JayC

Marvel Legends 6" Fantastic Four Retro Dr. Doom Figure Video Review And Images

Madness 80 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Fantastic Four Retro Dr. Doom figure from Hasbro.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Retro-Dr-Doom-01.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-02.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-03.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-04.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-05.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-06.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-07.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-08.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-09.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-10.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-11.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-12.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-13.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-14.jpg

Retro-Dr-Doom-15.jpg

This figure is a nice way to give people a chance to grab a doom since the FF wave one was so difficult for people to find and now commands a steeper secondary price. I personally have no interest in this figure in fact I like the wave release better all around, I dislike the strange soft goods bib (glad to see you can remove it), and I actually like the darker colors on the wave version, this one has a cool classic head however  (still dig the wave head more though) and some fun accessories but it's an easy pass.

I just want the books and the green effects...so I guess Im buying this. Darn you Hasbro!! Quit taking my money!!

I like the more vibrant greens here that give it that older comic/cartoon look. I can’t get enough of the packaging —Growing up on the looks of these retrocards, it’s difficult for me to pass up a lot of them as they just hit right at home for me. Cannot WAIT to see a retro F4 wave reveal

There's something funny about two books of magic, the Book of the Vishanti and the Darkhold, both having graphs.

This figure looks pretty good, but I prefer the headsculpt and paint apps in the first release. But since I'm still hunting for that one, at least I can hope this new version helps lower its price in the aftermarket.

55 minutes ago, ADour said:

There's something funny about two books of magic, the Book of the Vishanti and the Darkhold, both having graphs.

Math. Magic. No difference.

I know this isn't the most popular opinion but I hope they continue this series and we get most of the figures from the old toy biz days.......dragon man.

39 minutes ago, scotty said:

I know this isn't the most popular opinion but I hope they continue this series and we get most of the figures from the old toy biz days.......dragon man.

Oh on the contrary I assume that everyone hopes this line continues and provides us with as many of the FF figures it can, and most importantly the characters that toybiz did in those days now in 6'' in legends form that we still have yet to see like of course Dragon Man, Psycho Man, Wizard, Mole Man, Annihilus, Firelord etc.

I can also say that I feel it's pretty much certain we get a Vintage carded FF wave next year my friend.

7 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

This figure is a nice way to give people a chance to grab a doom since the FF wave one was so difficult for people to find and now commands a steeper secondary price.

6 hours ago, ADour said:

This figure looks pretty good, but I prefer the headsculpt and paint apps in the first release. But since I'm still hunting for that one, at least I can hope this new version helps lower its price in the aftermarket.

I still have over 20 of the original Doom in my store inventory at $21.50/each with zero movement, so I hope people aren't paying too much elsewhere.

Since I have the BAF wave Doom, this is an easy pass.

6 hours ago, Benn said:

I still have over 20 of the original Doom in my store inventory at $21.50/each with zero movement, so I hope people aren't paying too much elsewhere.

That's crazy, seems like he has been very hard to find for a lot of folks (he's currently at about $40 on amazon) so hopefully some people will hit you up. Unfortunately my guess is that once the new version comes out people will lose interest in superskrull wave version since the newer one comes with the book accessories (and, to a lesser extent, the green effect pieces)

Also i'm a bit confused, i thought this guy was gonna be part of an FF retro wave.. or is he a solo release?  How are people getting ahold of him already if he's part of a wave.  what characters make up the rest of the wave?   or did someone just steal one off a factory floor or something.

Nah, he's a fan channel exclusive, and precursor to an F4 retro wave.

49 minutes ago, Benn said:

Nah, he's a fan channel exclusive, and precursor to an F4 retro wave.

Ah, OK thanks 

a Fantastic Four wave would be awesome.

The Fantastic Four has such a rich library of characters that have never been released in Marvel Legends style (either Toybiz or Hasbro):

Puppet Master

Red Ghost

Trapster

Moleoids

Psychoman

Firelord

Titania

Mad Thinker

Molecule Man

Diablo

I hope I can find a reviewer that takes the cloth piece off and puts the head back on in comparison. His colors would work great for a Marvel Vs Capcom doom. I have the baf wave one and i love both heads on that one so its not a big thing but would def be curious. 

I wonder if that collar means we're getting a classic Toad? I sure hope so. And Master Mind while they're at it.

7 hours ago, ransomz said:

I wonder if that collar means we're getting a classic Toad? I sure hope so. And Master Mind while they're at it.

It is possible