Marvel Select 7" Fantastic Four Human Torch Figure Revealed

JayC

11 hours ago, monron999 said:

How cool can translucent be when all the joints and inner workings are exposed and unsightly? Especially when the character they're trying to portray is no freaking see through? This is a lowbrow gimmick that just a small few have tendencies towards. Is it different? Yeah, I guess. Is it accurate? Hell no. Is it relevant? That's subjective. If you like it, you like it, but this is nowhere near one of the better interpretations of Human Torch. The damn thing looks like a piece of candy, and not even a good flavor, like cherry, but a more suck-ish flavor like cinnamon or watermelon.

10 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Woah, WOAH, I will not have you disparage cinnamon in such a way, sir!

Lol, I suppose from the perspective of a Chef I can see where you're coming from, but I suspect a few horrible, terrible, unforgiving, unbearable, unforgettable hangovers from Fireball may have you seeing it from my perspective.

This figure looks legitimately terrible, but I do get where the translucent thing comes from. The idea is to use actual light to make the figure look illuminated. It just doesn't work without paint. If this figure were translucent orange plastic, thoughtfully dry-brushed and/or inked, it would look great. The translucency would let through the light without making the whole figure see-through. An opaque orange figure with black lines painted all over it, whether they were recessed or not, would look just as bad as this.

On 10/12/2020 at 4:00 PM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I like that he's translucent. It would be nice if he had the lines molded on to him.

Looks good but  needs a bit of refinement. The recent pic of the upcoming Dormammu looks like it has the translucent treatment, plus the lines that were almost always drawn on the F4 Torch. The resolution isnt the best but if its what I think it is, its gonna look great and a great model for a Legends Human Torch. 

dhd.jpg

On 10/12/2020 at 7:10 PM, monron999 said:

How cool can translucent be when all the joints and inner workings are exposed and unsightly? Especially when the character they're trying to portray is no freaking see through? This is a lowbrow gimmick that just a small few have tendencies towards. Is it different? Yeah, I guess. Is it accurate? Hell no. Is it relevant? That's subjective. If you like it, you like it, but this is nowhere near one of the better interpretations of Human Torch. The damn thing looks like a piece of candy, and not even a good flavor, like cherry, but a more suck-ish flavor like cinnamon or watermelon.

Cherry’s overdone. Watermelon is where it’s at. Next up will be blue raspberry flavored Iceman and lime flavored Radioactive Man

On 10/23/2020 at 7:35 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Cherry’s overdone. Watermelon is where it’s at. Next up will be blue raspberry flavored Iceman and lime flavored Radioactive Man

I think you might be giving them too many ideas for Selects' next lame gimmick. Scratch and sniff figures. I'm sure that's something Funko is working on as we speak.