Rumor Report: Marvel Legends House Of X/Power Of X Wave Details

JayC

A few weeks ago Hasbro during PulseCon officially revealed three of the figures in their upcoming 6" Marvel Legends X-Men themed wave based on the Marvel Comics "House of X/Power Of X" storyline. The three figures confirmed by Hasbro were Professor X with Cerebo helmet, Moira MacTaggert and Magneto in white outfit.

We have since gotten word from a source we consider to be reliable, letting us know the remaining figures for the wave. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms these, we will treat these as RUMOR. We also DO NOT have any details at this time on what the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be.

The remaining rumored figures for this wave will likely include Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine and Omega Sentinel. Note the actual figures could vary in appearance from the images we have gathered below for these. Since we haven't actually seen the figures yet, we are making a best guess assumption that these images feature the looks the actual figures will be based on.

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Wave.jpg

6 minutes ago, tarot said:

"Oh shocker. Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean Grey. Never expected those." he said knowing that this was coming a mile away. Hopefully Omega will come with a long haired head as well. 

Yeah not a big surprise. I think if this is what the Jean Grey looks like fans of the Original X-Men will be happy though.

I'd be surprised if it weren't. Dwight said in a recent interview that this wave is based on the first 10 issues of House/Powers, and Jean didn't have any other looks during that series. She's changed her costume since then, but it sounds like these designs were turned in before issues 11 or 12 were even published.

I'm pretty sure this  rumor is 99% correct but does anyone else question that fact that there is 3 female figures in this listing? I know Hasbro did it before in the Juggs wave but generally they usually stick to the 2 females max per wave system, even when a wave is focused on a female character (looking at you Danvers). 

Though if it is true that means we only have Alpha left of the Sentinels family to get.

The thing is, I can't think of any other male characters who mattered to this storyline, other than Cypher or maybe the red Nightcrawler dude from Powers. Even ahead of this rumour, I couldn't think of any other male characters that mattered enough, and was pretty sure we'd see three women.

Still trying to decide if I want that Moira figure. If only to say “ Rose Byrne once played her” that would be all I need.

whats up with that brown costume Wolverine? Can’t see a lot of detail from that pic but is it essentially his Astonishing costume colored in classic brown? Speaking of Astonishing, should be due to get that suit updated 

also concerning Prof X, didn’t Mister Fantastic wear a similar helmet in the Ultimate Universe? 

It doesn't have the tiger stripes like the Astonishing costume, but as the Astonishing costume is to the classic tiger-stripe, this outfit is to his 80s brown costume, more or less the X-Force costume in brown. The legs are a little different, but basically that. And yeah, I think a lot of people have drawn comparisons to the Maker when looking at X's current iteration of Cerebro.

11 minutes ago, McHogan said:

whats up with that brown costume Wolverine? Can’t see a lot of detail from that pic but is it essentially his Astonishing costume colored in classic brown? Speaking of Astonishing, should be due to get that suit updated 

From an interview with X-Men editor Jordan D. White:

I was just sick of the yellow and like the brown one better. Like you said, it’s been AGES that the yellow has been his default, and I think it was just time for a change.  Even when other costumes would come and go, he keeps going back to the yellow, and I think a part of that is because there were good modernized versions of the yellow costume. He wasn’t in his original Giant-Size costume, it was a newer version with all the modern bells and whistles. I had it in my head that we should just figure out how to modernize the Brown costume in the same way, and that it would become just as usable as the yellow. 

It was actually while Declan Shalvey was drawing Return of Wolverine that this particular costume occurred to me. He was drawing those scenes in Logan’s head where there were all the different versions of him in different looks and whatnot. One of them was the X-Force-era black and gray costume, and when Declan’s line art came in for that scene, it finally occurred to me that the X-Force Wolverine costume IS a modern version of the brown costume, it’s just colored differently. I actually did a crappy rough coloring of Declan’s lines and sent those to Jonathan and Pepe to see what they thought. They were into it, so that became his new look.

wolv-costume.png?w=735&ssl=1

12 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Still trying to decide if I want that Moira figure. If only to say “ Rose Byrne once played her” that would be all I need.

also concerning Prof X, didn’t Mister Fantastic wear a similar helmet in the Ultimate Universe? 

I thought that too but then I looked it up and there are design differents. Their small but they are there. The brown going down the inner side of the paints, the boots and gloves are different and the mask is shorter. basically it looks like it will be a X-force repaint.

powers-of-x-future-x-men-1183249.jpeg?auCRLr_SmJbfM2qVwOrGHwDrtHcT3KmXaeS2Gp4Dvh

2 hours ago, ADour said:

From an interview with X-Men editor Jordan D. White:

I was just sick of the yellow and like the brown one better. Like you said, it’s been AGES that the yellow has been his default, and I think it was just time for a change.  Even when other costumes would come and go, he keeps going back to the yellow, and I think a part of that is because there were good modernized versions of the yellow costume. He wasn’t in his original Giant-Size costume, it was a newer version with all the modern bells and whistles. I had it in my head that we should just figure out how to modernize the Brown costume in the same way, and that it would become just as usable as the yellow. 

It was actually while Declan Shalvey was drawing Return of Wolverine that this particular costume occurred to me. He was drawing those scenes in Logan’s head where there were all the different versions of him in different looks and whatnot. One of them was the X-Force-era black and gray costume, and when Declan’s line art came in for that scene, it finally occurred to me that the X-Force Wolverine costume IS a modern version of the brown costume, it’s just colored differently. I actually did a crappy rough coloring of Declan’s lines and sent those to Jonathan and Pepe to see what they thought. They were into it, so that became his new look.

wolv-costume.png?w=735&ssl=1

@ADour thank you for providing the backstory, I always appreciate when members go above and beyond to provide information

2 hours ago, tarot said:

I thought that too but then I looked it up and there are design differents. Their small but they are there. The brown going down the inner side of the paints, the boots and gloves are different and the mask is shorter. basically it looks like it will be a X-force repaint.

powers-of-x-future-x-men-1183249.jpeg?auCRLr_SmJbfM2qVwOrGHwDrtHcT3KmXaeS2Gp4Dvh

Well being a huge fan and of the classic brown and having appreciation for the XForce suit I am kinda digging the updated look. 

And since we are in an age where the underwear outside the pants is considered “goofy” this version makes sense and looks sharp.

if this is the version we are getting  I’ll gladly add him to my Wolverine collection

ugh.. I’m so far removed from monthly comics.. Is that Groot sporting a new look as well? 

20 minutes ago, Benn said:

Nah, those are the horsemen in an alternate reality (kinda) future. It's Cypher/Warlock/Krakoa.

they were from Moira's lives

Yeah, that's why I said it was only kinda an alternate reality. For someone who hasn't read the story, I thought that was the best way to explain it. To clarify, I meant the one guy who looks like Groot is both Cypher and Krakoa, and probably Warlock too. The guy in the back is Xorn, and the Magneto-looking dude is a genetically-engineered descendent of Polaris and Emma Frost, named North.

15 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

Hmm Im kinda interested in that Moira just to use for my Mary Jane head

Hahah i have been thinking the same thing ever since I saw this figure, I don't really like the figure as a Moira to be honest, would rather a more recognizable look (the Yellow suit with lab coat would have been my pick), I will probably grab it any ways just because it's the first Moira figure we got, they also said it would come with alt heads or something to give her looks from her history.

In terms of these rumors of Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean  and Omega Sentinel, I don't think any of us are shocked at Scott, Logan or Jean being a part of this wave (if it's indeed true) I am not extremely excited about Logan or Scott, but Jean is a figure despite not loving the marvel girl look is pretty much a must have anyways I doubt I'd pass, I think I must see the other figures when released to judge, but for now out of these I can say Omega Sentinel is a yes and so is Jean, rest of the wave that we saw is kinda meh to me to begin with, I hate that look for Xavier personally, and do I need a White Magneto.. I don't really know if I do.

the BAF is most certainly going to be the swaying point for me if I'm going to pick up all these figures.

8 hours ago, tarot said:

I'm pretty sure this  rumor is 99% correct but does anyone else question that fact that there is 3 female figures in this listing? I know Hasbro did it before in the Juggs wave but generally they usually stick to the 2 females max per wave system, even when a wave is focused on a female character (looking at you Danvers). 

Though if it is true that means we only have Alpha left of the Sentinels family to get.

Omega Sentinel could be the BAF given they did say the BAF would tie-in with the HasLab Sentinel.

Still this wave is going to be largely a pass, Moira is the only one I'm interested in.

Not that I particularly like the selection but it does make sense. Get most of the major players out of the way, then throw in some of the supporting cast (and a million Wolverines) throughout future waves. I though by now they'd be running out of Wolverine but not yet. I do share @tarot's concern that there are 3 female figures in the wave, and the fact that 2 of them are in mostly civies clothing. I do expect both Moira and Jean to fly off the shelves at first and then Moira will peg warm hard after the initial nerdgasm wears off. Hope they at least give Jean an alternate head sculpt but probably not. Another Cyk, no surprise. I hope they could use the Spider UK mold but they'll probably misuse the Sunfire mold again as its quickly becoming the default fit guy/skinny guy/guy that has any need for any dorsal arm movement whatsoever buck. Seriously, Hasbro, is it possible to put butterfly joints on another size buck? I am interested to see how the Omega Sentinel turns out and after all is said and done, the most interested in that figure as a whole. Otherwise, for me, the entire assortment is just OK. Nothing I plan to sweat over, unless there's a bangin' BAF, of course.