Rumor Report: Marvel Legends House Of X/Power Of X Wave Details

JayC

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hahah i have been thinking the same thing ever since I saw this figure, I don't really like the figure as a Moira to be honest, would rather a more recognizable look (the Yellow suit with lab coat would have been my pick), I will probably grab it any ways just because it's the first Moira figure we got, they also said it would come with alt heads or something to give her looks from her history.

In terms of these rumors of Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean  and Omega Sentinel, I don't think any of us are shocked at Scott, Logan or Jean being a part of this wave (if it's indeed true) I am not extremely excited about Logan or Scott, but Jean is a figure despite not loving the marvel girl look is pretty much a must have anyways I doubt I'd pass, I think I must see the other figures when released to judge, but for now out of these I can say Omega Sentinel is a yes and so is Jean, rest of the wave that we saw is kinda meh to me to begin with, I hate that look for Xavier personally, and do I need a White Magneto.. I don't really know if I do.

the BAF is most certainly going to be the swaying point for me if I'm going to pick up all these figures.

Ohhhh interesting; I wasn’t aware of the other head pieces that were mentioned. Probably will get Xavier just to experiment with the body mold, with classic Havok in mind. If Jean is sporting that Marvel Girl costume, I gotta get it 😄
Magneto looks pretty cool. Im just not familiar with the House/Power of X stuff. Id say almost all of my interest/fascination still lies within last century lol. Regardless, I do look forward to seeing the rest of what’s coming here.

5 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Probably will get Xavier just to experiment with the body mold, with classic Havok in mind.

They mentioned in one of the interviews that it's just pizza Spidey. I know it looks a little different, and stockier, in the digital sculpt they showed, but apparently that's what it is.

I'm actually pretty happy with this wave, and in mostly opposite ways than everyone else, it seems. Cyclops, Professor X, Magneto, and Wolverine are definitely the updated costumes from this story that I was most interested in seeing, though I would rather have had the version of Magneto that fit better with the Bendis renegade X-Men. I don't really care as much about Moira or Jean in those looks, or Karima at all, but it's cool to get them. I would've loved to see Destiny and Cypher take some of those slots, but Destiny could really go anywhere, so I'm still holding out hope.

15 hours ago, JayC said:

The remaining rumored figures for this wave will likely include Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine and Omega Sentinel. Note the actual figures could vary in appearance from the images we have gathered below for these. Since we haven't actually seen the figures yet, we are making a best guess assumption that these images feature the looks the actual figures will be based on.

Where the bad guys at, tho?

14 hours ago, Benn said:

Yeah, if they're smart, Jean will be double-packed. I'm sure it'll be Wolverine, but hopefully it's Jean.

You're right.  That would be the smart play.  Have they ever double-packed a woman before?

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Where the bad guys at, tho?

Good point, but TBH I don't really think there's much of a distinction of "good" and "bad" in the current state of the X-Books. We have Scalphunter and Black Tom cozying up with the likes of Wolverine and Beast. Psylocke is being portrayed as an evil person and Kwannon is the victim. Xavier is suddenly a Eugenecist on the level that makes both Sinister and Apocalypse blush. It's starting to resemble modern day national television.

Gonna be passing, anything that doesn't trigger my nostalgia at this point will have to be left behind. Hasbro is getting ridiculous with 14+ waves a year and putting voluptuous women on Skinny teen molds.  I'll wait till they start making better versions of the classic figures again. 

56 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Good point, but TBH I don't really think there's much of a distinction of "good" and "bad" in the current state of the X-Books. We have Scalphunter and Black Tom cozying up with the likes of Wolverine and Beast. Psylocke is being portrayed as an evil person and Kwannon is the victim. Xavier is suddenly a Eugenecist on the level that makes both Sinister and Apocalypse blush. It's starting to resemble modern day national television.

Yeah, there are no bad mutants (apart from Sabretooth), all the (former) evil mutants all got amnesty 

4 hours ago, Benn said:

They mentioned in one of the interviews that it's just pizza Spidey. I know it looks a little different, and stockier, in the digital sculpt they showed, but apparently that's what it is.

Aww hell naw! Ha I was assuming that it was the thin Spidey buck with some tweakage but shoot if it’s indeed just the same ol everything then .. nvm ...  😭

6 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

Aww hell naw! Ha I was assuming that it was the thin Spidey buck with some tweakage but shoot if it’s indeed just the same ol everything then .. nvm ...  😭

Yeah I'm not sure now who asked the question about the buck and it being new, and Dwight just said nope it's pizza spidey, nothing special about it the digital rendered image just made it look different...... whomp whoomp

4 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Have they ever double-packed a woman before?

Oh yeah of course

these waves come to mind

Ultron BAF wave - Comic Wasp
Sauron BAF wave - Lady Deadpool
Kree Sentry BAF wave - MCU Captain Marvel
Cull Obsidian BAF wave - MCU Wasp
Lizard BAF Wave - Gwenpool

6 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh yeah of course

these waves come to mind

Ultron BAF wave - Comic Wasp
Sauron BAF wave - Lady Deadpool
Kree Sentry BAF wave - MCU Captain Marvel
Cull Obsidian BAF wave - MCU Wasp
Lizard BAF Wave - Gwenpool

Oh, good!  Man, I remember back in the 80s when the prevailing wisdom was that female characters don't sell so don't sell female characters.  Even in the 90s, I don't think I ever saw a Rogue or Jean Grey on the shelf.

They seriously double-packed Lady Deadpool, though?  Over Wolverine and Bishop?  Crazy.

6 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Oh, good!  Man, I remember back in the 80s when the prevailing wisdom was that female characters don't sell so don't sell female characters.  Even in the 90s, I don't think I ever saw a Rogue or Jean Grey on the shelf.

They seriously double-packed Lady Deadpool, though?  Over Wolverine and Bishop?  Crazy.

Yeah it was a huge thing in the 80's & 90's boys don't buy female figures, in fact there was a whole thing toy biz was going to halt producing female figures after the Storm X-Men figure was released because it sold so poorly (but it was actually because every one hated it and it wasn't a look any one liked rather then being a female). I also would say if we look at the track record of the figures I mentioned being ladies and double packed all of those figures became horrible peg warmers hahaha, I mean is MCU Wasp not the crown holder for greatest peg warmer of all time? so with that being said I think that they made some mistakes double packing a few of these. I also wonder why you'd question the fact they double packed Lady Deadpool, it has a deadpool suffix... of course they would 😉

11 hours ago, leokearon said:

Omega Sentinel could be the BAF given they did say the BAF would tie-in with the HasLab Sentinel.

Still this wave is going to be largely a pass, Moira is the only one I'm interested in.

The baf are never listed. They only list regular figure and never the baf. Since omega is listed she is a regular figure and not a baf. 

28 minutes ago, tarot said:

The baf are never listed. They only list regular figure and never the baf. Since omega is listed she is a regular figure and not a baf. 

I honestly know a lot of people will say ew no we hate smaller figs as BAFs, but I for one am sad that Rasputin isn't in this line up and would be completely stoked if she was the BAF since I was hoping she'd be in this wave.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

I was never really all that thrilled with Rasputin or the other chimerae. They all felt pretty uninspired to me. I liked Xorn and Cylobel better, but I'm still glad they went with all 616 characters.

yeah I thought Rasputin looked awesome, obviously just a design bash of Colossus and Magik. I also really like Kuan Xorn and Cylobel hopfully we can see all 3 of these characters at some point if they keep the HoX/PoX thing going and maybe Cardinal and Cap Brit Betsy, perhaps in some multipacks.

The only HoX/PoX characters I want are Jean and Betsy. I have not read the comics so this will be mostly a pass for me. They are some cool redesigns but...to rant a bit and show my age...I like my prof. X in a wheelchair. I think it was a great story device for its time. The most powerful mutant mind on earth yet his body is broken beyond repair. Mags in purple/Red. I do like that Wolverine is back in brown( isn't that an AC/DC song lol)

I have no clue who Omega SENTINEL is nor Rasputain or Cardinal. I've totally missed the boat on this wave BUT...on a happy note...it will be money saved. I will admit again..its cool designs...just not to my tastes. 

Now get off my lawn ya meddling kids!!

25 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Jesse Falcon has debunked the scoob.

25735db7919c82ca24facbbebae3283a.jpg

Hmmmm, well that's cool aswell, now I hope Rasputin is going to be in this wave! I still say It wouldn't be a long shot to say Wolvie and Jean are in this wave though.

considering this wave is only in the 3d rendering stage (that we know), the line could now be easily changed now that Jesse has found out about the leaks. I think Wolverine is coming as well an x-men wave without Wolverine would just be weird. Jean and Cyclops might coming but they could also move then to a second wave. 

I pray to the Plastic gods that Omega is coming. After all the sentinels (standard, Mastermold, Nimrod, Bastion, Prime etc) I want to get near enough to complete the Sentinel family.