Rumor Report: Marvel Legends House Of X/Power Of X Wave Details

JayC

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Marvel-Girl-01.png

Sad to see her not having mid torso articulation, but I’m also surprised its new torso, I hope she at least has ball joint in waist, which potentially could be even better but I really wanna see her headsculpt now. And yes painted on boots are hella lame.  It always bothered me why For example Small female teen body has boot cuts while adult females never do, same with pizza spider body, while other males bodies have boot cuts they never feature glove cuts, I understand it’s extra cost but it could also save them a lot of paint money, because majority of superheroes have gloves and boots. 

10 minutes ago, Hogun said:

I am all for another Cyclops figure. Especially if he comes with interchangeable hands. However, Hasbro needs to stop making Wolverines. Especially if this one would just be another retool of the Juggernaut wave Wolverine.

with the way it looks it will be a repaint of the Xforce version.

4 hours ago, Hogun said:

I am all for another Cyclops figure. Especially if he comes with interchangeable hands. However, Hasbro needs to stop making Wolverines. Especially if this one would just be another retool of the Juggernaut wave Wolverine.

Hasbro will never stop making Wolverine figures, because he's too popular.  He, like Captain America, Iron Man, or Spider-Man, are anchor figures in a wave.  They're how they convince retailers to stock waves.

On 10/13/2020 at 6:13 PM, ransomz said:

I'd really like to have the Marvel Girl. I don't particularly feel the need for any more Cyclopses, Wolverines or Magnetos, but that Marvel Girl is on my list.

Provided there's something worthwhile in the design, I honestly don't mind double-dipping (or however many dips this is for Wolverine). I like mixing the more modern interpretations with the classic in my collection.

That being said, that Professor X looks ridiculous, Magneto is pointless, and the skirts on the Jean/Moira tool better be soft enough to not hamper articulation.

Looks pretty boring to me, and by the size, it looks to be some kind of retool of the Gwen Stacy buck. I mean, just look at the size of that ball joint compared to the rest of the figure. How large is that head supposed to be? I know, I know.....it's just a proto, but look how short those legs seem. I have a bad feeling they're gonna screw this one up royally. That is assuming this is the actual proto, which Rek is right 9 times out of 10. Maybe Hasbro will be generous enough to include a Rachel head sculpt to simulate her time as Marvel Girl. Yeah, don't count on it. I do like her current role as Prestige though. Hopefully we'll get her in the 2nd wave. I would have suggested the "Omega" name as code for her in this wave, but that would be 3 females in this wave, and we know that ain't happening.

Decades ago, like issue 43 or so in their original run, the X-Men had earned their unique uniforms.  Technically, the Cyclops we got is from that era. After Giant Size 1, and the introduction of the new X-Men, Cykes visor got a bit bigger as his power had increased.

I wouldnt mind getting a modified Cyclops with that visor, Angel in his yellow n red 2nd costume, Human Beast had a blue n red IIRC, and fugg Iceman. Have never liked him going back to the 70s.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Looks pretty boring to me, and by the size, it looks to be some kind of retool of the Gwen Stacy buck. I mean, just look at the size of that ball joint compared to the rest of the figure. How large is that head supposed to be? I know, I know.....it's just a proto, but look how short those legs seem. I have a bad feeling they're gonna screw this one up royally. That is assuming this is the actual proto, which Rek is right 9 times out of 10. Maybe Hasbro will be generous enough to include a Rachel head sculpt to simulate her time as Marvel Girl. Yeah, don't count on it. I do like her current role as Prestige though. Hopefully we'll get her in the 2nd wave. I would have suggested the "Omega" name as code for her in this wave, but that would be 3 females in this wave, and we know that ain't happening.

I think the legs/skirt are from the Agent Carter figure. they should've gone with reuse of Gwen Stacey instead since that actually figure actually has boots. Carter had open-toed shoes and here they've just repainted the shoes and toes yellow to make them appear to be solid boots, doesn't make much sense to me at all.

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I think the legs/skirt are from the Agent Carter figure. they should've gone with reuse of Gwen Stacey instead since that actually figure actually has boots. Carter had open-toed shoes and here they've just repainted the shoes and toes yellow to make them appear to be solid boots, doesn't make much sense to me at all.

Gwen doesn't have actual boots, her feet are solid boots but on the actual legs they are just painted

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

That is legitimately suspicious. I can't imagine those are final, if this is real.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

That is legitimately suspicious. I can't imagine those are final, if this is real.

I gotta agree with you. This thing looks mighty cheesy and super lazy. For a figure they expect us to be so excited about, you'd think They could at least do separate boots, not these painted on ridiculous looking things. Look closely enough and you can see these are the exact feet used on Moira, just covered in yellow(ish) paint. The very definition of Half-Assed.

Y'know, I still haven't got around to reading HoX or PoX. Honestly though, if the stories are as 'inspired' as this wave is, I'm not going near it. 

I can forgive and excuse pretty much anything X-related in Legends but this? Holy crap, if this is even 55% correct.... appalling. The most uninspired and by-the-numbers x-wave ever. The design process? "Hey, guys! Gimme the names of five X-Men characters even non-dorks know, and that collectors will already own at least 5 times?" Heads scratched for two seconds, "Um, Wolverine? Cyclops? Jean Grey? Professor X? Magneto?" "Nailed it! And we'll throw in a cool BAF and a totally uninspired previously unmade character that no-one knows or cares about. But make it a redo! Something from that retro Spider-Man wave. They will lose their minds over this wave!" 

I feel like I'm kinda repeating what everyone else has already said now, but these are flat-damn unnecessary. And we already have them: these are barely even variants. Two 'new' figures dragged out of the not-even-very-good-the-first-time Retro Gwen Stacy mould. I'm an eighties kid, so I love brown & tan Wolvie. But the three versions I already own are just fine, thanks (I'm counting Dark Avengers Wolverine, here). Maybe Cyclops will look different/better than the image shown - does anyone know this? Because I'm seeing the most dull, generic costume ever. They could finally, actually do the Phoenix 5 Cyclops here, and we get a version designed by Blandly Dulland McUninteresting instead? This sucks. 

With a wave that potentially sucks more than anything, you try and look for silver linings. I've got (1). Magneto is cool as hell (possibly because he's wearing his Marvel Now! costume & colours. The white & black has been his default since post-AvsX.) (2). Chuckles' headpiece is okay. (3). There must surely - please, God - be a Rachel Summers swap head with Jean Grey. That would make up for that horrible green costume, which they keep bringing back then quickly retiring. Over and over again. It can't be Prestige Rachel, but it can be the same as either version of Rachel Grey (Marvel Girl II/Phoenix II) from the ancient Brood Queen BAF Wave.

Guys... please cheer me up. There's got to be some greatness I'm not seeing here, right? It will be better in the flesh??? 

Sad face. No LOL. 

25 minutes ago, LandoTucker said:

Y'know, I still haven't got around to reading HoX or PoX. Honestly though, if the stories are as 'inspired' as this wave is, I'm not going near it. 

I can forgive and excuse pretty much anything X-related in Legends but this? Holy crap, if this is even 55% correct.... appalling. The most uninspired and by-the-numbers x-wave ever. The design process? "Hey, guys! Gimme the names of five X-Men characters even non-dorks know, and that collectors will already own at least 5 times?" Heads scratched for two seconds, "Um, Wolverine? Cyclops? Jean Grey? Professor X? Magneto?" "Nailed it! And we'll throw in a cool BAF and a totally uninspired previously unmade character that no-one knows or cares about. But make it a redo! Something from that retro Spider-Man wave. They will lose their minds over this wave!" 

I don't get this complaint. This isn't a run-of-the-mill can-add-any-character-from-any-era wave. Maybe if they pulled this kind of character selection in a nondescript wave I could understand. But this wave is specifically based on Dawn of X, and you're indignant at the character selection consisting of this status quo's main players?

1 hour ago, ADour said:

I don't get this complaint. This isn't a run-of-the-mill can-add-any-character-from-any-era wave. Maybe if they pulled this kind of character selection in a nondescript wave I could understand. But this wave is specifically based on Dawn of X, and you're indignant at the character selection consisting of this status quo's main players?

Yeah i haven't read HoX or PoX either but it seems weird to complain that a wave based on the storyline would have the main characters from that storyline sporting  looks from that  storyline.

Although i'll admit as a fellow 80s kid there haven't been as many x-figures up my alley this year. First appearance Storm is the obvious highlight, but also some great offerings for the rogues gallery like Hellfire Club & goons, Pyro, and Nimrod.  Plus so-so versions of Black Tom and Thunderbird.  Still,  a great year for MLs overall even if i think 2019 was better. 

19 hours ago, monron999 said:

I gotta agree with you. This thing looks mighty cheesy and super lazy. For a figure they expect us to be so excited about, you'd think They could at least do separate boots, not these painted on ridiculous looking things. Look closely enough and you can see these are the exact feet used on Moira, just covered in yellow(ish) paint. The very definition of Half-Assed.

I'm thinking they did a whole new tooling for Moira, and using it on Marvel Girl here is just a way to cost it out. Honestly, that doesn't bother me. Like I said, I'm a lot more concerned about that skirt hampering articulation.

I don't get this complaint. This isn't a run-of-the-mill can-add-any-character-from-any-era wave. Maybe if they pulled this kind of character selection in a nondescript wave I could understand. But this wave is specifically based on Dawn of X, and you're indignant at the character selection consisting of this status quo's main player?

No, Mr or Mrs ADour, that is NOT my complaint. I take it that you've seen the completed figures boxed, and that these all have 'Marvel Legends X-Men : Dawn of X' emblazoned upon them - as the Age of Apocalypse wave & Apocalypse deluxe did upon their respective packaging? Nor did I get the memo or see the Pulse stream that explained how these were anything other than 'an assortment based on the recent House of X story'. Based on. I would be (honestly) happy to be corrected on both points.

Whether these characters appeared (or not) in a story arc I haven't read doesn't mean anything to me. Moreover, I understand every time Marvel does a reboot (every second week, subject to global pandemic) if a wave of Legends has its aetiology in a rebooted title, it will indeed be tired and predictable versions of characters we've seen again and again and again.

If the comic was, um, House of Pym, we would see HOP Antman, HOP Iron Man, HOP Thor, HOP Captain America. Maybe HOP Stature if they can be bothered.

This is not a new trend, and I honestly can't even remember the last time I read a comic. 

And, it's shocking, but I know not every figure in every wave pleases every collector. Who knew? But Hasbro have absolutely excelled with wave after wave of both comic-based and MCU- (or FXU) 'based' assortments for a good two years now. So much so, I've broken my 'don't buy MCU or Venom-based characters', because Hasbro keep knocking out really good versions of characters I don't care about or actively dislike.

This wave is the opposite of that. These are really bad versions of characters I DO care about. Did, rather.

But oddly, I think life will still go on: some I'll buy, some I'll skip.  I lack the narcissism and ego-centrism of poor ex-President Trump, and I do have to acknowledge that these are my opinions: just what I think. No-one may agree with me on this, or any, point (or care what I think). 

Of course, every wave should contain only the 'core' or 'popular' characters'. Several people above say so. But, the X-Men are not just Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey and Professor X. There are characters from any of the current X-books that look great & look different: Captain Britain is one of 10 I could name and would have loved to have seen. A balance would, imo, be possible and preferable.  And continues what Hasbro, in their opinion have been doing with other waves (dork & casual appeal).

So, yeah, given that this will be a one-and-done wave, my 'complaint' is that if this sorry assortment represents the evolution and genesis of characters I've been reading about since I was 6, it's disappointing, because there is nothing new.

And I (me, my opinion) compare that with the wave derived from the Age of Apocalypse stories. This 25-year old story arc generated figures that had never been done before by Hasbro (and badly or, not at all, by Toy Biz) - Wild Child, Jean Grey, Morph, X-Man, Sugar Man, Dark Beast) or versions of core characters that looked significantly different to any previous (or succeeding) versions of characters (Apocalypse, Weapon X, Sunfire).

For me, that's a win. 6 cool new or good as new characters. 1 weird but cool BAF and the best Deluxe figure that Hasbro have done within Legends. New characters. New sculpts. Interest.

But, I guess some people are happier seeing & buying the characters they've already seen & bought, because one is a slightly different shade of blue. And one is wearing the costume that she wore in the 1960s. And they are in a comic published in 2020. And for some people that's a big 'yay!' And that's cool too.

4 hours ago, ADour said:

I'm with you, it really doesn't make any sense.

"Maybe Cyclops will look different/better than the image shown - does anyone know this? Because I'm seeing the most dull, generic costume ever. They could finally, actually do the Phoenix 5 Cyclops here..."

The wave isn't about Phoenix 5, its about XoX/PoX and this is the outfit he's wearing. A body cant blame Hasbro Legends for that, they're only doing what the comic storyline presented. What is so hard to understand here??

I really do hope this isn't the final line up of the wave. I've read the HOX/POX 6 issue (each) run (?) but it's more of a plot based story so it's hard to remember which characters showed up but I do hope they include Banshee in this (not sure if he was and if he even wore his green/yellow costume) or atleast a character that hasn't been made in Legends form yet (and no, whoever Omega is, doesn't count!)

Do Douglocke, or Gateway or Toad (I don't remember the latter two in the issues I read but they did appear on one of the covers).

All that said, I want a Marvel Girl because she fits in other eras of X-men. But I can't even tell you what would be different for this brown Wolverine compared to the other one that we got twice already in the modern buck: the Juggernaut wave figure and Vintage wave one. Cyclops with the skullcap I can take or leave. Xavier looks unique enough and it's only the second Xavier we've gotten since the Riders wave (not counting the two Fox movieverse ones). Magneto I suppose looks good in the white and black threads. I want a Moira figure but not this iteration (though I guess I have no choice).

On 10/13/2020 at 2:46 PM, JayC said:

Not particularly interested in House of X, though I do like that look for Magneto. Doesn't beat the classic suit but this isn't bad. This promo shot doesn't seem to depict the ribbing panels on the side of the costume....wonder if it will be there when the final figure is released.