Jump to content

Rumor Report: Marvel Legends House Of X/Power Of X Wave Details


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Not particularly interested in House of X, though I do like that look for Magneto. Doesn't beat the classic suit but this isn't bad. This promo shot doesn't seem to depict the ribbing panels on the side of the costume....wonder if it will be there when the final figure is released.

Marvel-Legends-House-Of-X-Wave.jpg.236918f44ac46d49184f5741f7db71ce.jpg

that comic image is from the Renegade period of X-men. The House of X borrows from that design but changes it. basically it's similar to how the wolverine is similar to his classic brown and tand but has different design aspect. Basically magneto added sleeves.

bd2e0be5604fd22e2fed2f5b9834b8ba.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ADour thank you for providing the backstory, I always appreciate when members go above and beyond to provide information

Gonna be passing, anything that doesn't trigger my nostalgia at this point will have to be left behind. Hasbro is getting ridiculous with 14+ waves a year and putting voluptuous women on Skinny teen m

Please no more Wolverine.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, tarot said:

that comic image is from the Renegade period of X-men. The House of X borrows from that design but changes it. basically it's similar to how the wolverine is similar to his classic brown and tand but has different design aspect. Basically magneto added sleeves.

bd2e0be5604fd22e2fed2f5b9834b8ba.png

I like it. And looks better with the sleeves. The ribbed panels work very well. Mark Millar used these a lot (some may say too much) on his Ultimates run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

I take it that you've seen the completed figures boxed, and that these all have 'Marvel Legends X-Men : Dawn of X' emblazoned upon them - as the Age of Apocalypse wave & Apocalypse deluxe did upon their respective packaging? Nor did I get the memo or see the Pulse stream that explained how these were anything other than 'an assortment based on the recent House of X story'. Based on. I would be (honestly) happy to be corrected on both points.

Dwight Stall said, in the video from Pulsecon where they first revealed Moira, Magneto, and Xavier, that all characters in the wave were pulled from the first ten issues of House of X and Powers of X (issues #1 to #5 of each). The wave is 100% based on House of X/Powers of X.

6 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

But, the X-Men are not just Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey and Professor X. There are characters from any of the current X-books that look great & look different: Captain Britain is one of 10 I could name and would have loved to have seen. A balance would, imo, be possible and preferable.  And continues what Hasbro, in their opinion have been doing with other waves (dork & casual appeal).

People don't seem to realize how long development takes on products like these. There are a lot of steps that go into making an action figure, and it takes the better part of two years to get from character choices to figures in-hand. Dwight was careful to say "first ten issues" (of twelve) because the story literally hadn't been fully published when they started working on this wave. There were two issues yet to be released when they apparently finalized their line-up.

Betsy wasn't in House of X, unfortunately. She didn't arrive on Krakoa until Excalibur #1, so she was never an option for this wave. There are lots of great characters in the current titles, but the current titles hadn't been published when this wave was conceived. House of X had a fairly limited cast of important characters, so here's the full list of characters that played any sort of significant role (and even many of these didn't really do much):

  • Apocalypse
  • Cardinal
  • Cyclops
  • Cylobel
  • Cypher
  • Cypher/Krakoa
  • Destiny
  • Elixir
  • Emma Frost
  • Goldballs
  • Hope Summers
  • Jean Grey
  • Librarian
  • M
  • Magneto
  • Moira
  • Mystique
  • Nightcrawler
  • Nimrod the Greater
  • Nimrod the Lesser
  • North
  • Omega Sentinel
  • Omega
  • the Phalanx
  • Proteus
  • Rasputin
  • Sabretooth
  • Storm
  • Tempus
  • Wolverine
  • Wolverine (War)
  • Xavier
  • Xorn
  • various sentinels

Are some of the above more interesting than some of the alleged choices? Absolutely. The story was really about Moira, Xavier, and Magneto, above all else, though, and Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine were the story's visual standard-bearers. Nimrod the Lesser was one of the more compelling villains, but they already made him as part of the Amazon three-pack.

I'm sorry you don't like the choices, or at least their looks, but I'm personally excited about most of them. I could do without this version of Jean, but the updated brown costume that Wolverine wears is probably the best look he's ever had (no goofy cowl-boots, no underwear-over-the-tights; the Astonishing costume is to his classic tigerstripes as this is to his classic brown), and the Cyclops and Magneto costumes are taking their Marvel Now looks (Cyclops's best look, in my opinion) and combining them with more classic elements.

I get wanting some freaks and geeks mixed in. Frankly, I hope we see Cypher and Destiny in the wave, but I'm not holding my breath. The reality is that the freaks and geeks didn't do much heavy lifting in this storyline, even though they were there in abundance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Benn said:

Dwight Stall said, in the video from Pulsecon where they first revealed Moira, Magneto, and Xavier, that all characters in the wave were pulled from the first ten issues of House of X and Powers of X (issues #1 to #5 of each). The wave is 100% based on House of X/Powers of X.

People don't seem to realize how long development takes on products like these. There are a lot of steps that go into making an action figure, and it takes the better part of two years to get from character choices to figures in-hand. Dwight was careful to say "first ten issues" (of twelve) because the story literally hadn't been fully published when they started working on this wave. There were two issues yet to be released when they apparently finalized their line-up.

Betsy wasn't in House of X, unfortunately. She didn't arrive on Krakoa until Excalibur #1, so she was never an option for this wave. There are lots of great characters in the current titles, but the current titles hadn't been published when this wave was conceived. House of X had a fairly limited cast of important characters, so here's the full list of characters that played any sort of significant role (and even many of these didn't really do much):

  • Apocalypse
  • Cardinal
  • Cyclops
  • Cylobel
  • Cypher
  • Cypher/Krakoa
  • Destiny
  • Elixir
  • Emma Frost
  • Goldballs
  • Hope Summers
  • Jean Grey
  • Librarian
  • M
  • Magneto
  • Moira
  • Mystique
  • Nightcrawler
  • Nimrod the Greater
  • Nimrod the Lesser
  • North
  • Omega Sentinel
  • Omega
  • the Phalanx
  • Proteus
  • Rasputin
  • Sabretooth
  • Storm
  • Tempus
  • Wolverine
  • Wolverine (War)
  • Xavier
  • Xorn
  • various sentinels

Are some of the above more interesting than some of the alleged choices? Absolutely. The story was really about Moira, Xavier, and Magneto, above all else, though, and Cyclops, Jean, and Wolverine were the story's visual standard-bearers. Nimrod the Lesser was one of the more compelling villains, but they already made him as part of the Amazon three-pack.

I'm sorry you don't like the choices, or at least their looks, but I'm personally excited about most of them. I could do without this version of Jean, but the updated brown costume that Wolverine wears is probably the best look he's ever had (no goofy cowl-boots, no underwear-over-the-tights; the Astonishing costume is to his classic tigerstripes as this is to his classic brown), and the Cyclops and Magneto costumes are taking their Marvel Now looks (Cyclops's best look, in my opinion) and combining them with more classic elements.

I get wanting some freaks and geeks mixed in. Frankly, I hope we see Cypher and Destiny in the wave, but I'm not holding my breath. The reality is that the freaks and geeks didn't do much heavy lifting in this storyline, even though they were there in abundance.

Benn - I may disagree with you on some design/aesthetic choices and a tiny bit on the speed of the design & manufacturing process (which has seriously accelerated) but what I want to say most of all is that I absolutely loved reading this. All of it. 

You know (much) more about the current x-books than I do (and any situation where one assimilates new information is good), and the bullet list alone was great as food for thought (an M or a Tempus figure? Oh, my! Yes, please!!! Just to pose Eva between white Magneto and MN! Cyclops & Emma Frost (black togs/Walgreens) would make me very happy indeed - and it's an easy do). 

I have no counter-arguments and I just want to say 'Thank you' for a great message and an enjoyable, informed and elegantly articulated read. For me, that's a debate and a discussion worth having and worth listening to. Respect to you, sir. 👍👍👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

I have no counter-arguments and I just want to say 'Thank you' for a great message and an enjoyable, informed and elegantly articulated read. For me, that's a debate and a discussion worth having and worth listening to. Respect to you, sir. 👍👍👍

No worries! I like to geek X-Men. 🙂 I would looooove a Tempus toy. She was definitely by far my favourite of the Bendis class additions. In the current X-books she's one of "the Five", a group of mutants who work in tandem to power a pretty crucial part of Krakoan society. (The other four are Hope Summers, Elixir, Proteus, and Goldballs [now known as Egg].) My daughter's name is Illyana, and my wife's childhood best friend has a daughter named Eva, who's just a little younger. I always joke that we have a running time-traveling mutant theme going on with the names. I campaigned hard for their other friend's kid to be David (after Legion), but they went with Neal. I digress...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 5:05 PM, Hogun said:

Please no more Wolverine.

It really wouldn't kill them to lay off Wolverine for awhile. A lot of people feel they just can't do a wave without him and that's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. They can do it and still profit well. Besides, if they kick out a few waves with no Wolverine, it'll be that much sweeter when they do make his re-appearance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

It really wouldn't kill them to lay off Wolverine for awhile. A lot of people feel they just can't do a wave without him and that's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. They can do it and still profit well. Besides, if they kick out a few waves with no Wolverine, it'll be that much sweeter when they do make his re-appearance. 

Unfortunately most of waves that don't have Logan have Deadpools instead

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, see, that's the problem. I can handle Wolverines. There are still a few looks I even want. Deadpool has been tired for ages. Classic red, modern red, X-Force gray, and maybe Dead Man Wade or Battle of the Atom Deadpool, and I'm all full up. Pirate Deadpool was surprisingly fun, but I didn't need it, and I definitely didn't need anything else that came out recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, but a wave can be done without either Deadpool, Wolverine, or Spider-Man and still sell well. Also it could consist of random characters that really have little to do with each other or a particular storyline. If the figures are done well. they will sell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree, but Hasbro doesn't seem to. I'm just saying that if the choice comes down to Wolverine or Deadpool (or worse, two Deadpools) anchoring my X-wave, I'm always going to prefer Wolverine. I definitely prefer the looser X-Men waves too. I like the Age of Apocalypse and House of X waves a lot, but I would've rather seen those figures mixed in with other X-Men characters of other eras, and spread out a bit. When these waves take the place of the standard X-Men wave for the year, it can be a little disappointing. Most of my top wants are from the 80s, and seem to be fairly hotly requested recently, but there hasn't been a wave they could've appeared in since Caliban.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Benn said:

I totally agree, but Hasbro doesn't seem to. I'm just saying that if the choice comes down to Wolverine or Deadpool (or worse, two Deadpools) anchoring my X-wave, I'm always going to prefer Wolverine. I definitely prefer the looser X-Men waves too. I like the Age of Apocalypse and House of X waves a lot, but I would've rather seen those figures mixed in with other X-Men characters of other eras, and spread out a bit. When these waves take the place of the standard X-Men wave for the year, it can be a little disappointing. Most of my top wants are from the 80s, and seem to be fairly hotly requested recently, but there hasn't been a wave they could've appeared in since Caliban.

The frustrating thing is when the Deadpool wave gets the more desirable BAF and you have to buy 3 Deadpool versions (or Deadpool-related characters...looking at you Shiklah) to get your parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, for sure. Sauron and Strong Guy definitely involved some difficult choices. Sasquatch was easier. Other than Paladin, that wave was awesome, but I also care a lot less about Sasquatch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Benn said:

Yeah, for sure. Sauron and Strong Guy definitely involved some difficult choices. Sasquatch was easier. Other than Paladin, that wave was awesome, but I also care a lot less about Sasquatch.

 

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The frustrating thing is when the Deadpool wave gets the more desirable BAF and you have to buy 3 Deadpool versions (or Deadpool-related characters...looking at you Shiklah) to get your parts.

Yeah, I don't see why they just make the DP waves, standard X-men waves and ditch all the pointless DP variants (Pantless DP), otherwise it will come to a point very soon that we will have Marvel Girl DP

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, leokearon said:

 

Yeah, I don't see why they just make the DP waves, standard X-men waves and ditch all the pointless DP variants (Pantless DP), otherwise it will come to a point very soon that we will have Marvel Girl DP

Like seriously, who asked for pirate Deadpool? I feel like Hasbro just throws darts at a dartboard in order to decide what kind of costume they should pair Deadpool with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hogun said:

Like seriously, who asked for pirate Deadpool? I feel like Hasbro just throws darts at a dartboard in order to decide what kind of costume they should pair Deadpool with.

It's a fun figure but it is still based on just a cover. I know that Hasbro believe that they need figures like Cap, Iron Man, Logan and DP but is it necessary to include two DPs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE