Marvel Legends Fan Poll Winner 6" Silk Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Fan Poll winner 6" Silk figure from Hasbro. This figure was sold exclusively through the HasbroPulse website but is now sold out.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about them in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Silk-01.JPG

Silk-02.JPG

Silk-03.JPG

Silk-04.JPG

Silk-05.JPG

Silk-06.JPG

Silk-07.JPG

Silk-08.JPG

Silk-09.JPG

I must say the sculptors that are designing these MarvelLegends are inspired. I know nothing about Silk but she is gorgeous! 

There are a few recent Legends that if you kinda squint and are in dim lighting they kinda resemble celebrities ( Invisible Woman = Taylor Swift ? Am I the only one?) and this one has hints of familiarity but can’t quite place the celebrity.

For the record I would have voted for Sif only because she seemed the less likely to get a 2nd release.. but Silk looks amazing 

I just look at the side by side with the old one and shake my head...so many characters still yet to be made (like the dude on the cover of the first Marvel Comics from '39) and we get another Silk? I get it that I did not have to buy it, but there was so much potential left on the table with a fan choice...this fan did not need this another Sif or Elektra. If we are talking women, give me a comic Mantis, Sersi, Marrow, Magma, Feral, Outlaw, Talisman, 80s armored Psylocke, Jackpot, old Aunt May, Syrin, Pixie, Coleen Wing, Quake, Moondragon, or one of hundred others 😞

I think it makes sense given that the previous version commanded a fairly high price in the aftermarket, which seemingly is confirmed by how quickly she sold out on pulse. 

all the choices were repaints of female characters so I don’t think Jim Hammond torch was ever in the cards.

for better or for worse, MLs are titled towards modern characters or ones who have appearances in other media besides comics, imo. But I do think we will probably get an original torch eventually - my guess would be we get a more classic looking torch in the FF retro wave, then later that will be rereleased with minor adjustments as Hammond, probably as a fan channel exclusive.

overall hasbro seems to be dialing it back in terms of female characters, with many waves only having 1 female character... for awhile most waves had 2. From your list I’m guessing the x-related characters will get figures the soonest.

13 hours ago, McHogan said:

I must say the sculptors that are designing these MarvelLegends are inspired. I know nothing about Silk but she is gorgeous! 

There are a few recent Legends that if you kinda squint and are in dim lighting they kinda resemble celebrities ( Invisible Woman = Taylor Swift ? Am I the only one?) and this one has hints of familiarity but can’t quite place the celebrity.

For the record I would have voted for Sif only because she seemed the less likely to get a 2nd release.. but Silk looks amazing 

There's no doubt this is one of the best female ML head sculpts, hand down. I wish the Psylocke head sculpt would have been half this good. The entire issue here is it's just so unnecessary. I know they took a poll, so to say "who asked for this" is redundant, cuz 48 percent did. The thing is if we had been allowed to choose in a truly true poll, none of these three choices would have even moved the dial. We all were on board for a poll to see what character we wanted next, cuz we all believe in the illusion that our opinion mattered, but I guarantee, no one in their sane minds would have chose these three characters to be the only 3 options in this poll.

37 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Got the OG one for like $16.00 mint and I put her next to my #1 comic of her.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRfJLq4S56OyUZZb7-9k8Mbhgj-udbY9ark1cB0suCnY7Rzb2hcQLcgcM5cfA&usqp=CAc

I really do like this color scheme much better, and I'm really happy with the figure I already have and in all honesty the complexion and the paint on the original is much better than what I see here. At least on mine, anyway.

On 10/14/2020 at 3:07 PM, leokearon said:

Wished they also included a Short hair version

I hope that despite the fact that this one won the poll they'd still release and create the one with cape and sword. It looks astounding and could represent other royal blood characters--would be great in my collection. Pls @Hasbro and pls have @Bigbadtoystore distribute it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was one of the few people that wanted Silk (Missed out on the first release), so my apologies for everyone who wanted characters like the 1939 Human Torch. That said, I agree on having an alternate head with her short hairstyle and maybe a web display prop to replicate her pose from Silk #1?