Peter David Continues The Saga Of Maestro This January

JayC

After he’s finished revealing the Maestro’s shocking origins in the current limited series MAESTRO, writer Peter David will return to reveal the tales behind Maestro’s terrifying rise to power in MAESTRO: WAR AND PAX! In this thrilling new series, the legendary Incredible Hulk scribe will team up with artist Javier Pina to uncover even more secrets behind his landmark story Future Imperfect.

The man once known as the Hulk now answers only to THE MAESTRO! After deposing Dystopia’s ancient ruler, the Maestro will now set his sights even higher. With unbridled ambitions, Maestro decides it’s time for the entire planet Earth to recognize him as their one true god! But the Maestro will soon find out that he isn’t the only immortal left…and if he wants to truly dominate the planet, he’ll have to face the most powerful beings in creation!

“I am thrilled that, twenty years after I created him, the Maestro still intrigues people so much that the first series garnered the sort of success that demanded a follow-up,” David said. “As long as folks want to keep reading about him, I'm happy to keep giving them stories.

The secret history behind the saga of Maestro continues to unravel in MAESTRO: WAR AND PAX #1, on sale in January!

MAESTRO: WAR AND PAX #1 (OF 5)
Written by PETER DAVID
Art by JAVIER PINA
Cover by DALE KEOWN

MAESTRO_WAR_PAX_1.jpg

4 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Hopefully Hasbro takes a stab at this figure now.  I like the character design more than the character. 

Definitely want an updated version. 

Wouldn't mind an update and Hasbro have a couple of Hulk Molds they could use

Just starting to read Maestro, the prequel. I've been a fan of Peter David for some time now, mostly 'cause of his work with Star Trek: New Frontier and many other Star Trek novels. I've not read Hulk---ever!---I am just his early cartoon and live action tv series fan, none else---but seeing that this is Peter's work, I'll give it a shot.

3 hours ago, ActionMan said:

Just starting to read Maestro, the prequel. I've been a fan of Peter David for some time now, mostly 'cause of his work with Star Trek: New Frontier and many other Star Trek novels. I've not read Hulk---ever!---I am just his early cartoon and live action tv series fan, none else---but seeing that this is Peter's work, I'll give it a shot.

I'm gonna be a bit of a shill, but if you are interested in checking out some other Hulk comics, there's the currently-ongoing Immortal Hulk series by Al Ewing and Joe Bennett. It's a classic in the making. I'm not big on the Hulk either, but that series is arguably the best super hero comic out there.

6 hours ago, ADour said:

I'm gonna be a bit of a shill, but if you are interested in checking out some other Hulk comics, there's the currently-ongoing Immortal Hulk series by Al Ewing and Joe Bennett. It's a classic in the making. I'm not big on the Hulk either, but that series is arguably the best super hero comic out there.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check them out. 🙂