JayC

Is Closed Box Packaging An Option For Marvel Legends?!?

I'm used to seeing what I'm getting, however I am all for a better environment and all. I guess I am good either way, but in a perfect world I would prefer a package that lets me see what I'm buying.

I think it'll work moreso for army builders, where QC problems aren't as much of a selling point. It would also work for those build-multiple characters like the X-Factor gals, Stepford Cuckos, Chameleon/JJJ/Tombstone etc.

Hm I'm not sure tbh, if using closed box package will affect cost and will make it cheaper for them than they have to put saved up money towards better quality control so we won't get horrible paint apps. But I can't see how it's going to make figure appealing on shelves? I would think that something similar to rotocast figure packaging makes more sense since it displays figure but at cost of it being prone to part stealing/damage, but if they do boxes only for like web channel/amazon exclusives I'm def fine with that. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 6.10.31 PM.png

The road to hell is paved with Hasbro's good intentions...

Star Wars collectors are faced with these same issues, and are not looking forward to the prospect of having an enclosed box with no potential to choose between the sloppy paint apps and switched out figures either. 

While Hasbro is trying to do something they view as good, and maybe the overall net effect on the planet may be a positive one, (the jury is still out on that), Hasbro forgets that when paper breaks down in an confined space, (like a dump, or in a trash bag), and can't breathe, it emits harmful chemicals as it breaks down, and gases that damages our ecosystem. So if the cardboard isn't recycled what the collectors are throwing away will be harmful to the environment as well. Not to mention the increased demand on the worlds lumbar supply which is growing steadily year after year.

Where both substances are able to be recycled, to me it would make more sense if Hasbro did away with frivolous lines that didn't sell - THAT would save the most plastic.

If Hasbro do decided to reduce or remove the plastic from their packaging, I hope they start with the inner plastic which is supposed to hold the figure in place, but usually ends up warping the figure.

There are many underhanded actions a person can do with a closed box package, so I would rather keep the open window display package.