Marvel Legends Retro Spider-Man Cyborg Spider-Man?!?

JayC

I should mention at the moment, we believe it may be a custom BUT Rekt has looked into it and he believes it may be real. We are still looking into it. It could be real or a very fancy custom.

Toybiz did release a version of this in the old Spider-man Animated line (which was based on one of the alternate Spider-man from the last few episodes). This was based on a very short live run in the comic (I think only one or two issue) which saw Spider-man becoming a cyborg and teaming up with a Deathlok. This was the 90's.

20 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Not much interest (and why does he need a headband on top of his mask?)  but if it hits clearance i might grab it.

Its a 90's story specific look and I believe the headband holds the cybernetic eye piece in place or maybe he was going for the rambo look, I forget. If its real its gonna be a store specific exclusive and my guess it wont end up on clearance just because it probably wont be released in huge numbers. A lot will depend on which store carries it, again assuming it is real.

I don't know, I'm leaning towards real.  Look at the spider logo on his chest.  Very clean and very deliberately Larsen-esque.  Same with the eyes on the mask.  Those're completely new, right?  Now, assuming that mechanical eyepiece and headband are connected to each other, and assuming they lift right off of the head, you've got yourself the makings of an easy re-release for a straight-up Erik Larsen-style Spidey at a later date.  And we all know that would be a classic Hasbro move.

If it is real, I am in.  I love absurd stuff and most things 90s Marvel.  If it's a custom (and not enhanced with Photoshop trickery) then I am very impressed with the attention to detail, craftsmanship, the new webbing accessory, and the perfectly molded plastic tray in the bubble.

Yeah I saw this on Instagram earlier, I was sure it was a fancy Custom, because I've seen quite a few Cyborg Spidey Customs out there, but Rektangular is really adamant it's a real figure so I guess we can say it is. I find it fun looks pretty cool, I don't think I would go out of my way to grab it, but if I saw it in the wild I wouldn't pass it up.

Awesome!!! This is a must-buy for me. 

6 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

100% YES!! As well as a new classic Shocker.

That's only a matter of time- my guess is, possibly, in the next Retro Spidey wave. 

Tarantula might be lower on Hasbro's list, since they already did a 6" figure of him, but it has been several years, and the proportions on it were just odd. I would think a classic White Tiger would happen eventually; maybe more martial arts oriented characters will be on Hasbro's radar when the Shang-Chi film comes out...?

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Awesome!!! This is a must-buy for me. 

That's only a matter of time- my guess is, possibly, in the next Retro Spidey wave. 

Tarantula might be lower on Hasbro's list, since they already did a 6" figure of him, but it has been several years, and the proportions on it were just odd. I would think a classic White Tiger would happen eventually; maybe more martial arts oriented characters will be on Hasbro's radar when the Shang-Chi film comes out...?

The Tarantula Hasbro did was a small pathetic & sad attempt. 

2 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Wow, does this impact the value of the deathlok figure in any way? They shared a cover

While I have no doubt that many will jack up the price for Deathlok, it should be known that the one we got from Hasbro is NOT the same person as the one shown in the images. The one we got is from an alternate future where Roxxon takes over the world while the one shown in the image is Michael Collins of the 616 universe. If anything you would want the Toybiz version for him.

81v87IJbAvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg450?cb=20110918121354images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMhdmeoru5SulWsS8y0Wo340?cb=20200509083126

Instagramer _rektangular has posted these in-hand images of the upcoming Marvel Legends Rogue and Gambit X-Men Retro figures which he indicates are from the same source who has the Retro Cyborg Spider-Man figure we reported on yesterday. I am only speculating here, but If these are all leaked out figures from overseas, then that would explain how _rektangular is so sure the Cyborg Spider-Man is legit and not a custom.

When the X-Men Retro Rogue and Gambit figures are released here in the US, they will be Target exclusives, which are said by Hasbro to be out in December, though I continue to suspect we will more than likely start seeming them released in November.

Retro-Rogue.jpg

Retro-Gambit.jpg

Seeing now that _rektangular "source" looks to be someone getting access to Hasbro figures from overseas, likely from one of the factories, that would explain how he is so sure the Spider-Man figure is legit. If that is the case that would remove any doubt in my mind as well its legit. IDK how reliable it being a HasbroPulse exclusive is, but being its got to be some kind of store exclusive, HasbroPulse makes the most sense. If it was Target or some other big box retailer then there would have likely been a listing of it leak out before now.