GrtWhiteCustoms

Here is my custom of Gorgon. Probably the hardest custom I've done. Just getting his feet/hooves even and the figure to stand took a lot of work. Originally it was a Cottonmoth base with Nukes HEAD. Tons of sculpting later I came up with one of my favorites of the Royal Family. Your feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.spacer.png

20201022_044625.jpg

20201022_044620.jpg

6 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Here is my custom if Gorgon. Probably the hardest custom I've done. Just getting his feet/hooves even and the figure to stand took a lot of work. Originally it was a Cottonmoth base with Nukes HEAD. Tons of sculpting later I came up with one of my favorites of the Royal Family. Your feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.

20201022_044625.jpg

20201022_044620.jpg

Great work here amigo, I've been waiting for a ML Gorgon and Karnak to build a Royal Family myself. My only comment would be that you might consider using the dark brown or black for the hooves and maybe dark brown for the hair and beard to help contrast with all the orange of the figure. And maybe the wrist bands too. Wish I had the skills to even attempt a project like this. Painting is not so difficult for me but the sculpting is a whole other issue. Congrats on a major undertaking with this figure. And thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this is good. One other thing, you could consider soft goods for Gorgon's scarf/shawl/stole. A lot of people don't care for soft goods capes and coats on action figures, but that's mainly because its hard to shape them without looking silly and buffoonish. But that wrap he wears beneath the stiff collar wouldn't have shaping issues.  Hope the Hasbro team looks at your example and takes notes!

go2.jpg