Poll – Most wanted Spider-man Costume

tarot

Hey my follow Plastic Addicts. Over the past couple of days, we have gotten more and more confirmation that the Vintage Cyborg Spider-man is a genuine figure. So it got me thinking which Spider-man costume do I want next? As a wardrobe completist (which started me doing this site), Hasbro has done a great jobs building up Peter Parker’s wardrobe since they relaunched the line in the Ultimate Green Goblin wave. However, there are still plenty of costume has to tackle (or remake). Last I counted Spider-man has around 21 costumes left to make (maybe more).

While I could and have (Top 10 – Spider-men that need to be made) made a Top 10, I thought I hand it over to my readers and asked them what they wants. However, I have done a couple of restrictions:

1. This will only be the 616 Peter Parker Spider-man. If I was to include the alternate universe version as well as other people who became Spider-man, this poll would be too long.
  2. Any remakes will be figures that were made before the Pizza Spider-man figure from the Phil Urich Hobgoblin wave. So anything after it (Peter Parker, Six Armed, Black Suit, Cosmic, Big-Time, Ends of Earth, ANAD and Red Goblin’s Black Suit will not be included in the poll).
  3. This also include the Cyborg version which I am believing is coming soon.
  4. While Hasbro has made the new Vintage wave figure, with the exception of the Black Suit Spider-man, don’t expect Hasbro to remake all previous versions on that body mold. That is the main reason I am not including all the post-Pizza Spidey.

This poll will run up until Sunday, November 1st and the results will be announce the following Monday.

Which Spider-man costume do you want next? (Please select 10) – https://linkto.run/p/370HHNBI

I would kill for silver spider-man armor on retro card, same with Man Spider that could work as Kingpin type deluxe figure, but Man Spider also reminds us that we need redo of 6 arm spider-man that will have normal paint apps and torso engineered well enough to have at least waist ball joint. Retro card line has truly amazing abundance of possibilities.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 3.31.05 AM.png

1. Spider-Armor Mk 1
  2. Iron Spider
  3. Dusk
  4. Hornet
  5. Prodigy
  6. Ricochet
  7. Bag-Man
  8. Future Foundation
  9. Stealth (love the black and red swap there)
  10. Fear Itself (the colors I think could really pop, especially if done in metallic paint)

I'd have put Man-Spider but I'm still satisfied with the ToyBiz version from the Classics line, especially the overall size of it.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Only version I want redone is the all Black Secret wars suit on the new retro Spidey buck, that's it.

that is definitely my #1 most wanted now. I just want that and mk1 really and I’d be good. Would be glad to see an apology Six Arm Spidey redone better but I won’t hold my breath on that one.

6 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Only version I want redone is the all Black Secret wars suit on the new retro Spidey buck, that's it.

I know this is a bit off the track (since we are talking peter parker), but I desperatly want Spidey 2099 on the Retro Spidey buck... please Hasbro!

Hey my fellow Plastic Addict. Last week I put up a poll asking you what was your most wanted Earth-616 Peter Parker’s Spider-man costume. I had hundreds of people voting their most wanted costume so I want to thanks everyone for that. This was a fun experience with some surprising results. As always remember this is what you guys voted for the results, so I don’t want any “Why didn’t such and such win”. However, I agree with most of the votes.

Before we get into the Top 5 here are the results of the remaining choices

16 Spider-Lizard

15 Secret War

14 Prodigy

13 Hornet

12 Insulated

11 Superior or Surveillance suit

10 3-way tie – Spider-Ock, Ricochet and Fear Itself

9 Negative Zone

8 Tie- Dusk and Unlimited

7 Tie- Bulletproof and Stealth

6 Tie – Spider-hulk and Man-Spider

And those were the runner-ups. It should be noted that everyone of them got a minimum of sixteen votes so the likes of, say Spider-lizard, are still something that people wanted. But you don’t care about that. You want the winners.

5th Place - First Appearance

Taking the fifth place is a figure we got during the Toybiz days, First Appearance Spider-man. First appearing in Amazing Fantasy #15, this is Peter first costume he wore when he was trying his life at being a wrestler, until you know, not stopping the burglar, Uncle Ben, great responsibilty, yadda yadda. You know the story by now. I personally love first appearance figures so the Toybiz figure is one of my favourite so I do think that it should be redone by Hasbro now. Instead of using the Retro figure though, I do think they should use the smaller teenage mold.

4th place - Future Foundation

Taking the fourth place we have one of the figure Hasbro has done, and done well, the Future Foundation Spider-man. This is from when Johnny Storm was dead and he nominated Spider-man to take his place on the F4 then calling themselves Future Foundation. Hasbro did make a version of this during the Return of Marvel Legends period, as part of the Arnim Zola wave. It was supposed to be a variant but became the standard figure instead. While the figure was great for it’s time, It does not match then modern Marvel Legends. I’m thinking that since Hasbro are now making F4 figure this would make a great figure for that line.

3rd Place - Amazing Bag-Man 

Taking the third spot we have the only brand new figure of the top 5, Amazing Bag-Man. When Spider-man was separated with the Symbiote by Reed Richard, he had no clothes to wear going home. So as a prank, Johnny gave him one of their own costumes and put a bag over his head. This has been a fan favorite costume for years and many people want him. Even Hasbro wants to make him, as they had him as one of the options for a previous fan poll. They did make it for the MU scale but we have yet to get it in ML. Easy way to do it is make the Bag head so a classic Johnny Storm.

2nd Place - Armor MK i

The silver medal winner of this poll is the silver armor Spider-man. This was made when Spider-man had to battle the New Enforcers in Web of Spider-man #100. It even got a hologram cover to celebrate the issue. This is another costume that got a figure but unlike most of this it was part of the Spider-man Classic’s line and was extremely under articulated and had a silly action feature (web blaster). Fans have been asking for this one for years and he is sorely needed for a Spider-man collection. Out of all the top five in this listing, this is the one that screams to be made into a Vintage figure. It should be noted that this one only lost by 3 votes!

1st Place - Iron Spider

And the over all winner is a costume I’m extremely surprised hasn’t been done in Marvel Legends yet, Iron Spider. With it’s prominence in the MCU, it is surprising that Hasbro hasn’t done the comic book version, which Peter receive from Tony Stark during the Civil War. I mean this one is easy to do now that they have the waldoes from the MCU figure. Hell putting this in any standard Spider-man wave would make sense as it would be the centerpiece of the wave.

Well, that is what you guys voted for. Alot of these were extremely close but the top were the clear winners of the poll. Do you guys agree with this?

While I'm definitely desperate for that Spider-Armor Mk I, it's not hard to see why Iron Spider won.   I'd take all of the top five in a heartbeat.  Of course Spider-Man is kind of my main collection when it comes to Legends so I'll pick up any and all of these if they ever were to be made.