Oscar Isaac Playing The MCU Moon Knight For Disney+ Series

JayC

Well everyone, just be careful about this news....after all Tatiana Maslany was supposed to have been cast as the She-Hulk but she herself is saying this isn't true. The Deadline article does say, "Deadline is hearing he is in negotiations to star as the title character in Moon Knight.....Marvel and Disney+ now will look to attach a director to the series. No production start date has been set. Marvel had no comment".

It'll be very interesting to see how this pans out. I think they should just do Daredevil, but I guess he's too "raw" for Disney...then again Moon Knight is in that same venue, so why not??

15 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I think this is great casting, realistically this is potentially most interesting show Marvel has announced, it depends how talented showrunner and writers will be.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier for me. If for no other reason than it being spun out of the only MCU franchise that has never let me down in any way, shape, or form.

32 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Well everyone, just be careful about this news....after all Tatiana Maslany was supposed to have been cast as the She-Hulk but she herself is saying this isn't true. The Deadline article does say, "Deadline is hearing he is in negotiations to star as the title character in Moon Knight.....Marvel and Disney+ now will look to attach a director to the series. No production start date has been set. Marvel had no comment".

It'll be very interesting to see how this pans out. I think they should just do Daredevil, but I guess he's too "raw" for Disney...then again Moon Knight is in that same venue, so why not??

Speaking of Daredevil, is the character still in some kind of hold from Netflix or is he free to be recast or continue in another production? I still want to see my Matt Damon version of Murdock and the Devil of Hells Kitchen. But smart enough to not hold my breath.

Oscar is certainly a much better fit for Marc Spector than he was for En Sabah Nur.  I feel like Jake Gyllenhaal would have been a pretty much perfect fit, but he already has a role in the MCU, so...yeah.  Marvel Studios also reportedly considered Daveed Diggs as well as Nick Kroll, and that could have been very interesting.

Yeah, no thanks.  I have yet to see this guy in  a role that isn't a "snarky bad-boy" roll, plus there's that stint as Apocalypse... they could find someone better for Marc.  Or find a no-name actor that just looks the part and is going to give it his all.  

12 minutes ago, Satam said:

Oscar is certainly a much better fit for Marc Spector than he was for En Sabah Nur.  I feel like Jake Gyllenhaal would have been a pretty much perfect fit, but he already has a role in the MCU, so...yeah.  Marvel Studios also reportedly considered Daveed Diggs as well as Nick Kroll, and that could have been very interesting.

Of course if those were some of their other considerations I guess I'd rather have Oscar Isaac, but only if it's down to just those three.  

Yeah Oscar has a charm to him and can act the s@#$ out of most roles he’s handed. No reason that if they do cast him he won’t be the best part of the show even if the writing stinks. 

Lets hope they keep him gritty like Netflix’s Marvel shows and not try a family friendly version of MK

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Well everyone, just be careful about this news....after all Tatiana Maslany was supposed to have been cast as the She-Hulk but she herself is saying this isn't true. 

Actors do that all the time, it just means there's an NDA or not all the details have been ironed out yet. There are rare exceptions, but if things are far enough along that Deadline and THR are reporting on it, it's usually legit. 

8 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

Yeah, no thanks.  I have yet to see this guy in  a role that isn't a "snarky bad-boy" roll, plus there's that stint as Apocalypse... they could find someone better for Marc.  Or find a no-name actor that just looks the part and is going to give it his all.  

Of course if those were some of their other considerations I guess I'd rather have Oscar Isaac, but only if it's down to just those three.  

Yeah I wasn’t impressed with his Star Wars role but he is magnificent in Ex Machina and a lesser known film called 10 Years. I suspect he would do decent in this role.

Never heard of Daveed but Kroll would be a disaster. Not that he isn’t talented but that’s about as far from the source material as you can get.

although I’d take Kroll over the rumored (and dreaded) Daniel Radcliffe.. I shudder to think how that would have turned out..

20 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

it just means there's an NDA or not all the details have been ironed out yet. There are rare exceptions, but if things are far enough along that Deadline and THR are reporting on it, it's usually legit. 

Thats the whole point of my post. "In Negotiations" is not the same as "Has Been Cast". If nothing's been signed yet they could always go another way. This how misinfomation and rumors get spread, and then the people doing it just can't admit they jumped the gun. We have a need to be "first" in this culture instead of being Accurate.  

Whoever gets it, however it gets done, I hope it does the Moon Knight Marvel Legends figure justice. That thing is Magnificent.

36 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Yeah I wasn’t impressed with his Star Wars role but he is magnificent in Ex Machina and a lesser known film called 10 Years. I suspect he would do decent in this role.

Never heard of Daveed but Kroll would be a disaster. Not that he isn’t talented but that’s about as far from the source material as you can get.

although I’d take Kroll over the rumored (and dreaded) Daniel Radcliffe.. I shudder to think how that would have turned out..

Yeah neither of them looked even a bit like what I picture Marc to look like, at least Isaac could hopefully pull it off, but since I haven't seen either of those films I'll have to check out some clips, maybe feel better about this possibility.  And yeah, Daniel Radcliffe...gives me nightmares thinking about it.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Daveed Diggs is a bit of a left field choice, but he's a very good actor.  He was in the original cast of Hamilton and he's also been on Blackish and is the lead on the Snowpiercer tv show.

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Actors do that all the time, it just means there's an NDA or not all the details have been ironed out yet. There are rare exceptions, but if things are far enough along that Deadline and THR are reporting on it, it's usually legit. 

It's all word play. They say they haven't been "cast" but that doesn't mean they haven't reached some kind of agreement with reps from both sides contractually dependent on certain requirements being met by one or both sides. As long as there's at least one condition that could render a contract null & void they can say nothing has been finalized.

As far as Isaac, no his performance isn't what sank the X-Men ship. He is a fair actor, he can only work with a script he's given. It coulda been worse.....a hella lot worse. Kroll woulda been a straight kick in the scrote. We need to all think our lucky stars that didn't happen.

Deadline is reporting that Clash helmer Mohamed Diab will be directing Moon Knight, the Marvel series for Disney+ based on the comic book hero.

Diab’s film Eshtebak (Clash) was an official selection at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, in the Un Certain Regard category.

On 10/26/2020 at 5:58 PM, Satam said:

Daveed Diggs is a bit of a left field choice, but he's a very good actor.  He was in the original cast of Hamilton and he's also been on Blackish and is the lead on the Snowpiercer tv show.

Daveed Diggs is crazy-talented. Glad he is at least "on the radar" of the MCU casting people- it'd be great to see him in The MCU at some point. Oscar Isaac is also hugely talented, and I think will make an excellent Moon Knight. He also seems to be a great guy, and it's always nice to see deserving people continue to get opportunities.

• 6 months later...