Disney Toybox Ghost-Spider, Venomized Spider-Man And Venomized Hulk Figures

JayC

Disney continues to expand their Disney Toybox line of Marvel based figures with three new offerings. Joining the line 5" Marvel line will be Ghost-Spider, Venomized Spider-Man and probably the coolest of the three Venomized Hulk. The figures cost $14.99 each and sold exclusive at Disney stores. You can also purchase them now on the ShopDisney website.

Toybox-Ghost-Spider-01.jpg

Toybox-Ghost-Spider-02.jpg

Toybox-Ghost-Spider-03.jpg

Toybox-Venomized-Hulk-01.jpg

Toybox-Venomized-Hulk-02.jpg

Toybox-Venomized-Hulk-03.jpg

Toybox-Venomized-Spider-Man-01.jpg

Toybox-Venomized-Spider-Man-02.jpg

Toybox-Venomized-Spider-Man-03.jpg

Toybox-Venomized-Spider-Man-04.jpg

Following yesterday's news of new Disney Toybox 5" Ghost-Spider, Venomized Spider-Man and Venomized Hulk figures, we also have a new Spider-Man and Spider-Ham With Bike set to show you. The bike has a detachable side-car for Spider-Ham which comes with a mallet accessory.

The Spider-Ham figure looks to be the coolest thing about this set to me. It seems like it might actually scale decently with Marvel Legends figures, and looks to have more articulation than the Spider-Ham Marvel Legends figure Hasbro did. The set costs $29.99, and like all the Toybox figures is sold as a Disney store exclusive. It is available now on the ShopDisney website.

Toybox-Spider-Ham-04.jpg

Toybox-Spider-Ham-03.jpg

Toybox-Spider-Ham-02.jpg

Toybox-Spider-Ham-01.jpg

9 hours ago, monron999 said:

I guess it must have some kind of audience cuz they keep producing this line. Whatever, just keep the Venomized Hulk booshit outta ML and we can all be straight.

The Toybox figures are great, and while I am not personally that much into the venomized stuff, I think this Hulk blows the Venomized Marvel Legends figures away. If Hasbro were to do more Venomized figures I might actually be tempted to buy this one if they did him.

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

As with all Toybox figures it's just not my cup of tea, but is anyone else bothered that Disney can do leg articulation but somehow Hasbro can only do this?

e0ce2f90-720d-4b1e-991b-80ea8a4e23c3.__CR0,0,1000,1000_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

Yeah same here, these figures just don't do it for me, they are not bad by any means, in fact a few are really great, some just look too childish (which they are supposed to) , but yeah Hasbro take a look at that Spider-Ham, it's the Spider-Ham Legends collectors deserved, ugh, the Spider-Ham Scandal still hurts my soul. Leg articulation really wouldn't have been even a tiny bit hard, yeah it came with the biggest part of the BAF, but guess what so did AOA Jean, Julia Spider-Woman and Kamala Khan as of recent and you didn't have to give those the articulation of a late 90's Mcfarlane figure.

12 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah same here, these figures just don't do it for me, they are not bad by any means, in fact a few are really great, some just look too childish (which they are supposed to) , but yeah Hasbro take a look at that Spider-Ham, it's the Spider-Ham Legends collectors deserved, ugh, the Spider-Ham Scandal still hurts my soul. Leg articulation really wouldn't have been even a tiny bit hard, yeah it came with the biggest part of the BAF, but guess what so did AOA Jean, Julia Spider-Woman and Kamala Khan as of recent and you didn't have to give those the articulation of a late 90's Mcfarlane figure.

Yeah, there really was no excuse for that half-a-figure. Especially since it feels like they kinda forced it down our throats. If you're gonna insist on making it it's own single card figure, at least do the damn thing right. Puck, Rocket Raccoon and Hit Monkey are all pointing and laughing. Saddest thing is the biggest chumps were us consumers.

8 hours ago, monron999 said:

Yeah, there really was no excuse for that half-a-figure. Especially since it feels like they kinda forced it down our throats. If you're gonna insist on making it it's own single card figure, at least do the damn thing right. Puck, Rocket Raccoon and Hit Monkey are all pointing and laughing. Saddest thing is the biggest chumps were us consumers.

Yeah I mean I can't think of a bigger dink move on Hasbro's part as of recent, a full priced tiny barely articulated statue, when they damn well know they already gave us Rocket, Puck etc, but now this all because of the big BAF piece, no no it was just a really nasty filler move on Hasbro's part and to sell it at full price, they knew they were doing us dirty.

12 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I mean I can't think of a bigger dink move on Hasbro's part as of recent, a full priced tiny barely articulated statue, when they damn well know they already gave us Rocket, Puck etc, but now this all because of the big BAF piece, no no it was just a really nasty filler move on Hasbro's part and to sell it at full price, they knew they were doing us dirty.

and then they go and make a less articulated statue, but the have the decency of making it a pack-in

So speaking of the major wackadoodle suck that was ML Spider-Ham, I just saw someone post an amazing kitbash, that really works, the new Nendoroid Peter B Spider-man figure, with a ML Spider-Ham head swap, looks like the best Spider-Ham ever, only sad part is those Nendoroids cost 80 bucks.

NenSpiderham.jpg

Disney is releasing a new 5" Spider-Man Toybox figure boxset. The set includes Miles Morales Spider-Man, Ghost-Spider, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Venom and for the first time Spider-Hulk. The set is retailing for $49.99 and like all the Toybox figures is sold exclusively at Disney stores. The set is currently available for purchase of the ShopDisney website.

Toybox-Spider-Man-Boxset-01.jpg

Toybox-Spider-Man-Boxset-02.jpg

On 10/29/2020 at 4:19 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

So speaking of the major wackadoodle suck that was ML Spider-Ham, I just saw someone post an amazing kitbash, that really works, the new Nendoroid Peter B Spider-man figure, with a ML Spider-Ham head swap, looks like the best Spider-Ham ever, only sad part is those Nendoroids cost 80 bucks.

NenSpiderham.jpg

Yeah, I had almost the same exact idea, and it looks good for what it is, but I had a pretty big hang up about paying $50 dollars for a (used) figure to pull it apart to fix the problems with another $20 figure that shoulda been done right in the first place. On top of all that, I'm really not all that fond of Spider-Ham as a character in the first place. In the end I just decided I didn't need a Spider-Ham and came to terms with the fact that I just paid $20 for the biggest part of the BAF and, in essence, that $20 paid for the Monster Venom figure. See, I had all kinda ways to justify the purchase and then sit around for the next few months and feel bitter. Again, not taking anything away from whoever did this work. It looks great, it's just a bridge too far for me to cross.

Disney continues to expand their Marvel Toybox line, this time with a new 5" scale Iron Man Hall Of Armor playset. The set is available exclusively at Disney stores and on the ShopDisney website for $30.00. The set includes the following:

-Iron Man action figure
-Multiple points of articulation
-Hall of Armor play set
-Lever opens top
-Lab closes into a closet
-Stackable panels
-10 action-featured armor pieces
-Part of the Marvel Toybox Action Figure Collection
-Accessories are interchangeable between all Disney store Toybox figures, each sold separately
-Collect all our Marvel Toybox action figures, each sold separately

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-01.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-02.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-03.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-04.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-05.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-06.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-07.jpg

While I'm a fan of attachable accessories, I'm not a big fan of using attachable parts on a single figure to simulate multiple figures. Of course, these are toys made for the younger audience and HEY, at least someone is trying to make some headspace for this idea (at an affordable price) that's long overdue. Oh, I'm sure Hasbro's got this somewhere in the works after they get quite a stable of Iron Man Armors under their wings. And what they'll do, and I just know they will, is fix the whole head sculpt problem with the Silver Centurion and they'll showcase it as the centerpiece of the set, ohhhh so subtly and yet not so subtle, and we'll all end up shelling out $100+ to get a SC we can put our Tony and Rhodie head sculpts on and a buncha IM we already have with maybe a few slight color changes. Don't believe me? Say hello to the Black Order 5 pack.image.thumb.png.118d1933eb18095eea834399590e3395.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 10:01 AM, JayC said:
Disney continues to expand their Marvel Toybox line, this time with a new 5" scale Iron Man Hall Of Armor playset. The set is available exclusively at Disney stores and on the ShopDisney website for $30.00. The set includes the following:

-Iron Man action figure
-Multiple points of articulation
-Hall of Armor play set
-Lever opens top
-Lab closes into a closet
-Stackable panels
-10 action-featured armor pieces
-Part of the Marvel Toybox Action Figure Collection
-Accessories are interchangeable between all Disney store Toybox figures, each sold separately
-Collect all our Marvel Toybox action figures, each sold separately

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-01.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-02.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-03.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-04.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-05.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-06.jpg

Toybox-Hall-Of-Armor-07.jpg

I was googling for more information on this playset since I learned of it earlier today and I just found this post. Can't believe I missed it.

Anyway, here's the reason I was looking for more info into it:

yu1lgketi7061.jpg

A user on Reddit (here) posted about this playset fitting relatively well with Marvel Legends. It costs around 30 dollars, which is honestly a steal considering the level of detail and the modularity. I'm really tempted to get at least one of these even though I don't even have space for a Hall of Armor display.

This kind of playset and the Spider-Buggy from Toybox make me really wish that Hasbro had a children-aimed toyline with offerings that could be wedged into Marvel Legends.