Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro 6" Spider-Man in the Negative Zone Announced By Hasbro

JayC

Eagle eye Tarot points out a mention of a new Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro 6" Spider-Man in the Negative Zone coming from Hasbro in official description of the recently announced Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man Retro J Jonah Jameson figure. At least in the description about the figure posted on HasbroPulse

Look for other Hasbro Marvel Legends Series figures (each sold separately) with Marvel Universe characters, including Cyborg Spider-Man and Spider-Man in the Negative Zone. (Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

While Jonah himself is a Fan Channel exclusive, the mentioned Cyborg Spider-Man figure we know will be released as a Target store exclusive.

At this time it's unclear if this Spider-Man in the Negative Zone figure will be a Fan-Channel, Target exclusive or some other store exclusive.

We will update as more details become available.

00-Text.jpg

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man.jpg

Little bit of Background for this. Negative Zone Spider-man happened when a portal to the Zone opened up in New York's street. Spidey went to the Zone where his costume turned into this. Not long after he arrive, he was given the Dusk costume and battle Blastaar. It was also given an updated design in the PS4 game which is probably why it is getting a figure at all, similar to the Cyborg Spider-man.

Oh, okay . . . 

I admit, the Retro Spidey line has generated more pure happiness for me than any other line/wave has in a looong time, but even I can't help thinking this may be one trip to the well to many.

On the same token, it could be just a cheap cash-grab to generate revenue for more Retro Spidey figures . . . and I got no problem with that.

25 minutes ago, Satam said:

I know he doesn't have anything to do with the Negative Zone, but this really just makes me want a ML Mr. Negative figure.

They've got the molds, they've got the materials, they've got the paint. This should be an easy do. I'm betting maybe in an upcoming Gamerverse wave.

As far as this suit design, there have been much worse. I actually enjoyed the story and I guess in turn enjoy the suit.

54 minutes ago, Satam said:

I know he doesn't have anything to do with the Negative Zone, but this really just makes me want a ML Mr. Negative figure.

Agreed. That was my very first thought when I saw this. I think that they could do it pretty easily using the ML Purple Man as a starting point. They made a 3.75" gamerverse version around the time the game came out...

1 hour ago, tarot said:

while it's more then likely the Black and grey costume, does any one else think/hope it might be the Dusk costume, which he got from the negative zone?

While I would love the Identity Crisis costumes to be done, I doubt this will be Dusk. It would have been called that if it was

57 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I wonder if this will have webbing or not, if it's 100 percent comic book accurate than it shouldn't have webbing but looks much bette with webbing. Second question is which body will it use pizza or retro. image.thumb.png.4023a01d1df000f1a7a7a89dfcde86be.png

actually it does have webbing. however the lines were so thin that the black would hide it. close up of the suits would show this.

Since their choosing Spider-Man costumes that appeared in the Spider-Man PlayStation 4 game, may I recommend the wrestler outfit? I don’t know about the rest of you but, I wouldn’t mind getting an “origin based” figure of Spider-Man, it’s also one of the many outfits that rarely gets a figure.

3 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I wonder if this will have webbing or not, if it's 100 percent comic book accurate than it shouldn't have webbing but looks much bette with webbing. Second question is which body will it use pizza or retro. image.thumb.png.4023a01d1df000f1a7a7a89dfcde86be.png

If it doesn't use the Retro Wave Spidey body, I don't think it'll use Pizza Spidey either, given the new Cyborg Spider-Man seems to be using the normal ab-hinge waist-swivel version of the Sunfire body that the Retro Spidey was modified from.