The Past, Present And Future Of The Marvel Universe Collide In Avengers #38

JayC

I’ll play: 

first pic not enough detail / info to hazard a guess

2nd pic: Apocalypse?

3rd: Hulk or someone in Hulk family

4th: Atlantis?

Sheer boredom is why I responded.. no writer or artist on Avengers has peaked my interest in years

12 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I’ll play: 

first pic not enough detail / info to hazard a guess

2nd pic: Apocalypse?

3rd: Hulk or someone in Hulk family

4th: Atlantis?

Sheer boredom is why I responded.. no writer or artist on Avengers has peaked my interest in years

I agree that the second panel looks like Apocalypse.  I assumed the first one was as well.  The 4th panel is in space, right?  I'm guessing that space shark is one of the living starships that the Brood fly around in.  Can't remember their names.  I always want to say "Cotati", but I know they're something else.  Brain is fried from following election coverage.

Okay so... Avengers #38 spoilers:

All the critters are Mephisto in disguise. The first person holding the skull is young Thanos in 1,000,000 BC. Second one is Apocalypse in the 11th century. Third one is the Hulk in the early days of the Avengers. Fourth one is Doom the Living Planet from Aaron's King Thor far future. He's whispering them sweet nothings to brew conflict. Then each are shown fighting a group of heroes from their time period.

Basically, Mephisto has been poking bears since the dawn of civilization. And Thanos is a billion years old, for some reason.

Thanks, Jason Aaron. Very cool.

3 hours ago, ADour said:

Oh, and this whole deal with Mephisto also involves a pan-dimensional army of Mephistos from across the Multiverse trying to mess stuff up.

I can’t tell if you are serious?!? Haha man I’m glad my disposable income is going to Legends these days and not on comics that have jumped the shark