Target Exclusive Marvel Legends X-Men Series 6" Storm and Thunderbird 2-Pack Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" X-Men Series Storm and Marvel's Thunderbird 2-Pack from Hasbro. This set is being sold as a Target exclusive.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY

and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Storm-And-Thunderbird-01.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-02.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-03.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-04.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-05.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-06.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-07.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-08.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-09.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-10.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-11.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-12.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-13.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-14.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-15.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-16.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-17.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-18.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-19.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-20.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-21.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-22.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-23.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-24.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-25.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-26.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-27.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-28.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-29.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-30.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-31.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-32.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-33.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-34.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-35.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-36.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-37.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-38.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-39.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-40.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-41.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-42.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-43.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-44.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-45.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-46.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-47.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-48.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-49.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-50.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-51.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-52.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-53.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-54.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-55.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-56.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-57.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-58.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-59.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-60.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-61.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-62.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-63.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-64.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-65.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-66.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-67.JPG

6 hours ago, Comicbookcub said:

I almost think thunderbird was an afterthought.   

It certainly does look that way. It's a solid figure on the 100 percent correct buck, which has been a pretty big problem with Hasbro lately. I was half expecting them to put him on the Sunfire buck that they're suddenly (and incorrectly) using for everything. Hey Hasbro, here's an idea, make some more different sized bucks with butterfly joints so you don't have to keep re-using and overusing the same one. I promise, you will be able to find several uses for them as well.

As for the Storm figure, I originally thought she was very small like a teenage build, but looking at her next to the other figures it's apparent that what they actually did was narrow the shoulders and hips and widened the waist, I guess to make her more "realistic", cuz comics are all about realism. I suppose this is the new and improved female base buck they were talking about. Does it work? Structurally and scale wise, yes it's a good mold. Proportionally, yes it would be good for certain figures, but it was 100 percent inaccurate for this figure, especially if they were basing it on her real FA art. I just hope this is not the standard for all forthcoming female figures. Like I said, it will work for some character, but not all of them. If they're looking to phase out all the former female bucks in favor of these "less offensive" bucks, I think Hasbro has a hard lesson coming. Caving to the PC crowd is never a good idea, because they're never satisfied. In time, probably sooner than later, they will find problems with this buck too and we'll all be treated to figures that look like Viv Vision.

8 hours ago, Comicbookcub said:

I was on the fence with getting the set as I don't have a real tie to that era (I came in with the blue and gold era) but I happened to see it in stores and was able to buy it.   And the detail into the storm and her accessories is amazing.  I almost think thunderbird was an afterthought.   

I'm glad they did Thunderbird because he's part of the first appearance set, which began the New Era of X-Men. If they hadn't included him he would've been the next "must have" (come on, BANSHEE). Even so, the figure's got some notable flaws. I probably would've put him on a larger buck, but this is not bad. The head is either too big or neck too long. They could've used less hair in the back, to allow him more ability to raise his head. The other glaring issue is the paint on the torso (chest & back) is bleeding into the blue background- this vibrant red (which I love ) is oddly not doing that from the abdomen on down the inner sides of the legs. For some reason he has no fists- gripping hands, but no fists?  

I am very happy they got his belt right though! None of that painted on, cheap nonsense they pulled with Phoenix. His face details are great, and overall its a good figure.

13 hours ago, JayC said:

Storm-And-Thunderbird-64.JPG

Storm-And-Thunderbird-66.JPG

Love that Storm line up. Almost makes me want to pick up the Black costume 90s Storm. I said almost. I actually really hate that "soft goods" material they used for this figure for her cape.

So which FA/Giant Size X-men Storm head is everyone using? I'm using the p*ssed off head. Looks so good. Not a fan of that calm one.

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

Nice set but a pass fro me. I already have the Storm I want and while Thunderbird looks good, he isn't worth a two pack

I'd been waiting on classic Storm forever, and I was disappointed at her first reveal. But then the team said they were aware of the flaws and those would be corrected by the time she went on sale. Sadly that didn't happen. The cuffs are still black instead of yellow and her upper torso is just way too small for Storm. Why they didn't go with the previous model, I don't know. The recent Rogue buck also would've worked better.

The great things are the two heads- really sculpted well. Damn near perfect! Probably could've given us the blue eyes she has when she's not powered up, but ok. Absolutely LOVE the glossy look to her outfit! Perfect! The pinless tech looks great here, though I wish the double jointed knees actually gave us a full bend.

Overall I'm good with this 2 pack. And one more shout out to @GrtWhiteCustoms for hooking me up with my set! Don't even know if my local Target got these and I was racked up with spinal surgery so hunting down would've been out of the question. THANKS AGAIN BRO!

49 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I'd been waiting on classic Storm forever, and I was disappointed at her first reveal. But then the team said they were aware of the flaws and those would be corrected by the time she went on sale. Sadly that didn't happen. The cuffs are still black instead of yellow and her upper torso is just way too small for Storm. Why they didn't go with the previous model, I don't know. The recent Rogue buck also would've worked better.

The great things are the two heads- really sculpted well. Damn near perfect! Probably could've given us the blue eyes she has when she's not powered up, but ok. Absolutely LOVE the glossy look to her outfit! Perfect! The pinless tech looks great here, though I wish the double jointed knees actually gave us a full bend.

Overall I'm good with this 2 pack. And one more shout out to @GrtWhiteCustoms for hooking me up with my set! Don't even know if my local Target got these and I was racked up with spinal surgery so hunting down would've been out of the question. THANKS AGAIN BRO!

Yeah, I don't see why they didn't give her blue eyes on the calm head

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I’m still waiting for price decrease of Storm in order to justify her purchase, I will need other marvel legends figure like lady Deadpool to transplant her torso on storm and paint it with glossy black and bracelets yellow, then she will be they way she should have been. 

This brother here is down with ya. How Hasbro missed it, I don't know. But great custom work!

Classic-Storm-By-Rafaelocustoms-01__scaled_600.jpg

I struggled with the decision for a while but decided not to pass on this great storm, I would have preferred a better looking Thunderbird but I can live with the one we got. Overall I am content and happy with the purchase. Now I need my Mr Hyde and Stiltman.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

I hope people aren't confusing Thunderbird with Warpath. Watched Shart video and he keep saying TB was too small but this figure is 100% the right height and build. He was never a big guy like his "little" brother.

Exactly. Thunderbird was superhumanly strong and had a tough hide, but he wasn't any taller than Cyclops, certainly not as tall as Colossus, nor his younger brother. Also, he died very shortly after the team first formed, so anyone's theories about "growth spurts" or "artistic license" won't fly. The Hasbro figure is on the right mold.

TB.jpg

RCO015_1462596356.jpg

2 hours ago, tarot said:

I hope people aren't confusing Thunderbird with Warpath. Watched Shart video and he keep saying TB was too small but this figure is 100% the right height and build. He was never a big guy like his "little" brother.

Some people probably are. They also probably expect someone who is super strong to be big and muscular 

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Some people probably are. They also probably expect someone who is super strong to be big and muscular 

Too many artists these days are making that same mistake with the likes of the Thing, Luke Cage, etc. These guys already have established heights, and you don't need to be 7-8ft tall to be super strong. I've seen some panels where Cage is coming in at 7ft tall and Thing is even bigger. Spidey can press 10 tons and he's never been taller than 5'10".