Paint Change on Jocasta?

Air-Walker

1 minute ago, Atlantis said:

I've seen some pics where they maybe are a tad darker, but nothing like what you have.

Right? It's weird! I did get it directly from Amazon, but I know too that Bootlegs make it into their supply chain. The paint job on the rest of the body is pretty bad too; her left shoulder is silver but the right barely has any on it. Actually, the more I'm looking at it, the face might even be different too. Sigh...guess it's a bootleg, lol.

2 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

Thanks for confirming that. I'm guessing mine's a bootleg.

Bummer, sorry to be the messenger of bad news. Scares me a little, I didn’t know bootlegs were possible from Amazon..

better start paying better attention, seems all my recent purchases arrived with boxes near destroyed, be easy to cover up swaps in the condition they arrive in

On 11/6/2020 at 9:12 PM, McHogan said:

Bummer, sorry to be the messenger of bad news. Scares me a little, I didn’t know bootlegs were possible from Amazon..

better start paying better attention, seems all my recent purchases arrived with boxes near destroyed, be easy to cover up swaps in the condition they arrive in

No worries dude, I've already ordered a replacement. As soon as it get's to me I'll post a comparison of the two. And yes, as Benn pointed out, they get in there at times. It's only happened to me once before on Amazon, though from a 3rd party dealer who's orders were being fulfilled by Amazon. The usual tell-tale sign is spelling mistakes on the box. Mine seemed legit, but as you saw, this figure is so strangely and badly painted (and the face seems different too the more I look at it) that I can't see how it would be anything else but a KO. We'll see!

• 3 weeks later...

I recently opened my Jocasta, and it's definitely looking nothing like the one you have shown, the paint apps on this figure are most certainly odd, I have never seen a Jocasta like this, weird though Jocasta would be a figure that bootleggers would be making, even more interesting is that so early in the game, I'm thinking someone bought the Jocasta and attempted to paint it, they didn't like the outcome and repackaged it and sent it back, and you ended up getting it.

Okay, so I finally got my replacement in the mail, and 

On 11/26/2020 at 11:43 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I recently opened my Jocasta, and it's definitely looking nothing like the one you have shown, the paint apps on this figure are most certainly odd, I have never seen a Jocasta like this, weird though Jocasta would be a figure that bootleggers would be making, even more interesting is that so early in the game, I'm thinking someone bought the Jocasta and attempted to paint it, they didn't like the outcome and repackaged it and sent it back, and you ended up getting it.

I'd thought that too, but the box was never opened (I check for re-taped tape). Also, the plastic on the lips is also darker than the original release.

And on that note....Finally, finally got my replacement in the mail. It does indeed look like a paint variant of some kind. The face sculpt is the same, though the silver paint on the first one that I got makes it seem different (I find the regular version looks sullen, which I suppose is accurate for her character). Fortunately, Amazon is letting me keep the original, which is cool because I actually like it better with the silver paint on the face, lol (though I've now since painted her lips silver to even it out).

IMG_2086.JPG

12 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Okay, so I finally got my replacement in the mail, and 

I'd thought that too, but the box was never opened (I check for re-taped tape). Also, the plastic on the lips is also darker than the original release. And on that note....Finally, finally got my replacement in the mail. It does indeed look like a paint variant of some kind. The face sculpt is the same, though the silver paint on the first one that I got makes it look different (I find the regular version to looks sullen, which I suppose is accurate for her character). Fortunately, Amazon is letting me keep the original, which is cool because I actually like it better with the silver paint on the face (though I've now since painted her lips silver to even it out).

IMG_2086.JPG

Yeah maybe it was a factory error or a alternate version that only a handful of people got, because both of those things can happen, either way, cool you have a body for Lilandra now! free score!