Hasbro Marvel Legends 6" X-Men Retro Rogue Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new 6" Marvel Legends X-Men Retro Rogue figure from Hasbro. Here in the US the figure will be sold as a Target store exclusive.

Check out images of this figure below in our

GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about them in the COMMENTS SECTION.

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-01.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-02.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-03.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-04.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-05.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-06.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-07.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-08.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-09.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-10.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-11.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-12.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-13.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-14.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-15.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-16.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-17.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-18.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-19.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-20.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-21.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-22.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-23.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-24.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-25.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-26.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-27.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-28.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-29.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-30.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-31.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-32.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-33.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-34.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-35.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-36.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-37.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-38.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-39.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-40.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-41.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-42.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-43.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-44.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-45.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-46.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-47.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-48.JPG

X-Men-Retro-Rogue-49.JPG

I for one am just glad they brought back this mold. My preference is for the original with the "schoolbus yellow" color, and the vibrant green (I hope that shade is used when they do classic Iron Fist), but really either looks great. Yes there are some issues with the face, and I do prefer the white hair over the dull grey, but overall this is best rendition of Rogue out there. Wonderful.

From the head sculpt to the color palette, to the sharpness of the paint detail, the first release is far superior to this one. This is not a must-get for me, but if I find her I might pick up one or to for the glove and she might end up being another HTF. I wanna say good for those who weren't able to score the original, but I don't share Shartimus' confidence that this thing is going to be all that easy to find. If they were trying to help out the people who missed out on the first one why would they do it as a store exclusive at all, much less freakin' Target? Why not just do it as Fan Channel and make everyone happy?

And what is the point of that face sculpt. Hasbro, we already have a fairly neutral (yet much more content) face from the first one. Where is Rogue's trademark 90's smirk. What, is the possibility that she might actually be enjoying her powers and her place in life all that unappealing to today's culture? Probably. Never mind. Another swing and a miss.

Maybe she'll be able to smile in the eventual Savage Land Rogue release. It'll be outta context, but hopefully they'll use the same body mold so most of the head sculpts will fit. Then again, don't count on it. This is Hasbro after all.

She looks much better when her face paint apps aren’t screwed up. I understand shartimus got opportunity to review hot new figure and he shouldn’t have missed it,  but I think it would be better to wait for an actual more proper release without such serious flaw, he should def do new review when figure hits target. As for flying poses if one is good with hairdryer you can make hair really soft and then flex hair and fix it under cold water  so it can allow better range,  it’s almost never damages hair at least for ML line. 

0D840AA2-BD6F-4FCA-A9FB-D45342060929.jpeg

I get it its ROGUE but damn we just had the same one pretty much back in the juggy BAF . Glad i bought several ... i love the body they used it reminds me alot of the comic version this new one looks pouty and the hair is for sure more comic than the last but just shut up and take my money .. ill buy 1 probably 2 just because ....nice review ....

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

She looks much better when her face paint apps aren’t screwed up. I understand shartimus got opportunity to review hot new figure and he shouldn’t have missed it,  but I think it would be better to wait for an actual more proper release without such serious flaw, he should def do new review when figure hits target.

Eyebrows are still too severe, but yes, that looks better.

11 hours ago, SpiderS said:

She looks much better when her face paint apps aren’t screwed up. I understand shartimus got opportunity to review hot new figure and he shouldn’t have missed it,  but I think it would be better to wait for an actual more proper release without such serious flaw, he should def do new review when figure hits target. As for flying poses if one is good with hairdryer you can make hair really soft and then flex hair and fix it under cold water  so it can allow better range,  it’s almost never damages hair at least for ML line. 

Same with the Cyborg Spidey. He couldn't tell if the problems with the figure where proper problems or just defects from having an early sample

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

Same with the Cyborg Spidey. He couldn't tell if the problems with the figure where proper problems or just defects from having an early sample

Yeah, that's where that grey area about pre-order is highly fickle. When you play that game of pre-order first releases versus waiting a little while till the process is cleaned up, but possibly missing the figure(s) altogether, it's a little frustrating to say the least. That happened to me on the Crimson Dynamo wave. I waited a little while and let the first release go through. Listening to a lot of people's comments I never assumed it was going to sell all that well and fairly easy to get ahold of. Little did I know, not only did prices go up online, but getting a full set was almost impossible. Long story short, I did end up paying a little more, if only for the sheer convenience of getting the wave in it's entirety and not having to go store hunting, and of course....now you can get them free with a fill-up and Slurpee at your neighborhood 7-Eleven, but it got a little hairy for my taste for a little while. I just hate the entire "not knowing" what Hasbro's production and release plan is. Especially with exclusives, Target in particular. I never even saw a Red Hulk, and suddenly Storm/Thunderbird are spattering in at some really strange irregular pattern where I always seem to be just minutes behind. A few days ago I got so tired of checking my local Target over and over again that I bought the Fox Magneto/Prof. X set out of pure boredom. Anyone on the fence about that set, and judging by the amount of them that are gathering dust on the shelf (literally), there are still a lot of us, please, please save your money. Do not let yourselves be fooled by all the shiny accessories. Hasbro knew what they were doing when they included all those little pieces of plastic just begging you to take them out from behind that plastic window. That's why they arranged them to make them look like they're waving at you. Don't do it. Please, don't do it. Talk about double baggin' it. I put those things in Ziplocs and then put them in a brown paper bag so I didn't have to look at them. Sad to say it's not the first time I got f***ed by something that ugly. But that's a story for another time. Worst buyer's remorse since buying tickets to Captain Marvel. Actually, I never really bought tickets, I got them free at work (seriously, as many as I wanted), but somehow I still felt like they owed me a refund after that groan fest. I just needed to provide some prospective to how bad those figures are. I mean, bad. Seriously....bad.