The Mystery Of The Third Summers Brother Revealed

JayC

Break out the yellows and blues, fire up the Danger Room and snap on your pouches as legendary X-writers return to classic eras of the mutant super heroes in all-new, in-continuity stories set during their groundbreaking runs! Featuring greats like Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, Fabian Nicieza, Larry Hama, Peter David, and more, X-MEN LEGENDS will deliver startling tales month after month that dive into the rich history of the X-Men to tie up loose ends, resolve long-standing plot danglers, and reveal shocking truths that will change the past and future of the X-Men!

Fabian Nicieza, known for his explosive work on the X-Men in their nineties heyday, kicks off the series with a special saga of Cyclops and Havok that will solve one of the greatest X-Men mysteries of all time: Adam-X and his startling connection to the Summers bloodline!

“It's incredibly exciting to finally tell the story of the infamous "third" Summers brother. Twenty-five years in the making, to see the truth about Adam-X revealed – and drawn so magnificently by Brett Booth – is one of the most surreal experiences of my career!” Nicieza said. “Getting the opportunity to tell this tale while kicking off the new X-Men Legends series is a x-tremely x-citing!

Don’t miss this revelatory tale that will leave X-Men fans speechless when X-MEN LEGENDS #1 takes the comic book industry by storm this February! And stay tuned for news about the other decades-in-the-making stories coming your way in this one-of-a-kind title.

X-MEN LEGENDS #1
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
Art and Cover by BRETT BOOTH

X-Men-Legends.jpg

It's just nice to see some good writers who just write good stories and don't try to write stories around their own personal crusades. A damn near 120 year old Chris Claremont and Fabian Nicieza are better than Vita Ayala or Daniel "The New Warriors were too cool for me" Kibblesmith every day of the week. And twice on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Hogun said:

Looks like a Casey Jones knock off

C'mon man. Casey Jones wears a Jason Voorhees rip-off hockey mask and looks like your grandparent's pool boy underneath. This guy's on chill mode with the backwards ball cap and like 3 ponytails of assorted styles. Scoreboard Adam-X.

26 minutes ago, monron999 said:

It's just nice to see some good writers who just write good stories and don't try to write stories around their own personal crusades. A damn near 120 year old Chris Claremont and Fabian Nicieza are better than Vita Ayala or Daniel "The New Warriors were too cool for me" Kibblesmith every day of the week. And twice on Sunday.

They are both washed up IMO.  Give me Vita Ayala's Morbius over anything written by those two nowadays. 

I had the pleasure of meeting Claremont at a Houston show. Such a nice man and he did verify THERE were plans to make Gambit a brother who SINISTER engineered from the Summers DNA and Adam X was indeed a Summers 1/2 brother on his dad's side (according to his sources)

I'm glad they are revisiting this as the all but said it out loud that Adam X was a Summers brother. Vulcan came along later but is older. I like the Gambit idea and would be fine with the 5 brothers of Summers!

Ah retcons... nothing makes happier I no longer follow monthly comics than seeing the synopsis for what is being released today..

Even my beloved Avengers suffer from today’s shock and awe storytelling style. Don’t like the story, no worries by next year it would be retconned out if existence.

The last great Avengers story I read was World War Kang. And that story was something like 18 months from  start to finish. The days of making your mark on a book are long gone..

4 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I had the pleasure of meeting Claremont at a Houston show. Such a nice man and he did verify THERE were plans to make Gambit a brother who SINISTER engineered from the Summers DNA and Adam X was indeed a Summers 1/2 brother on his dad's side (according to his sources)

I'm glad they are revisiting this as the all but said it out loud that Adam X was a Summers brother. Vulcan came along later but is older. I like the Gambit idea and would be fine with the 5 brothers of Summers!

Personally I think they should have done the Gambit/Sinister story.

Adam X even had pointy ears to be part Shi’ ar didn’t he?  Not that it was a bad idea but they already recycled It for Vulcan.  If Marvel wants to do retcons they should hire Johns.  During his Green Lantern fun he took a lot of cheesy silver age ideas and brought some sense and cohesiveness to them.

Edited by MfkrJones
Added

I'm okay with the concept of this book, but starting with Adam X? *shudder* I'd definitely prefer these sorts of details get filled in through current stories, rather than bringing us gap-fillers from yesteryear, but I'll give it a shot. This is an especially bizarre plot-thread to pick up, since Gabriel is now living with the Summers family and is pretty firmly established. Where does Adam fit into the "nobody can die, mutants all get along" new world order, especially if they confirm his heritage.

19 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I also met Claremont a few years back and really enjoyed our brief talk. He similarly dispelled a theory I had read about, that Eric the Red was intended to be Mystique. That said, his writing hasn't been good in years. The man wrote the vast majority of truly great X-Men stories, and nobody can contend otherwise, but he has long since lost his touch.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm okay with the concept of this book, but starting with Adam X? *shudder* I'd definitely prefer these sorts of details get filled in through current stories, rather than bringing us gap-fillers from yesteryear, but I'll give it a shot. This is an especially bizarre plot-thread to pick up, since Gabriel is now living with the Summers family and is pretty firmly established. Where does Adam fit into the "nobody can die, mutants all get along" new world order, especially if they confirm his heritage.

I also met Claremont a few years back and really enjoyed our brief talk. He similarly dispelled a theory I had read about, that Eric the Red was intended to be Mystique. That said, his writing hasn't been good in years. The man wrote the vast majority of truly great X-Men stories, and nobody can contend otherwise, but he has long since lost his touch.

Well he was already on Krakoa, so he must fit in fine

Witness X-Men history revisited, revealed, and reshaped when X-MEN LEGENDS debuts in February. This one-of-a-kind new series will feature the greatest X-Men creators returning to their original runs with all-new, in-continuity stories to tie up loose ends, resolve longstanding plot danglers, and uncover long hidden truths that will shake up the past, present, and future of Marvel’s mutant super heroes. To celebrate this unprecedented venture into the legacy of X-Men, Marvel’s Stormbreaker artist Iban Coello has crafted an incredible mashup of the X-Men’s greatest eras in a series of connecting variant covers that will grace the first three issues of this groundbreaking series.

"I became a fan of the X-Men with the animated series of the 90s, the comics drawn by Jim Lee, and the arcade fighting video game as well,” Coello said. “Having the opportunity to draw those characters has been like going back to the past. I have really enjoyed doing my interpretation of all these characters!"

With stories by Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, Larry Hama, Peter David, and more, X-MEN LEGENDS will be packed with revelatory tales that will leave X-Men fans speechless month after month. Kicking things off will be writer Fabian Nicieza returning to solve one of the biggest mutant mysteries of all time: Adam-X and his starting connection to the Summers bloodline. Be there when X-MEN LEGENDS #1 takes the comic book industry by storm this February! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

Iban Coello is part of the 2020 class of MARVEL’S STORMBREAKERS, Marvel’s latest preeminent talent distinction program to spotlight the next generation of elite artists in the industry.

X-MEN LEGENDS #1
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
Art by BRETT BOOTH
Connecting Variant Cover by IBAN COELLO

X-Men-Legends-Crossover-Cover__scaled_600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, Hogun said:

Who the hell is Adam-X. I thought Vulcan was the third Summers brother.

That's the problem with these guys. They can't have any rhyme or reason to even the stuff they come up with, let alone the works of the ones who went before them. There's a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th etc Summers brother despite the fact that the idea really makes no sense. As long as these hacks think it will sell comics, they don't care.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

That's the problem with these guys. They can't have any rhyme or reason to even the stuff they come up with, let alone the works of the ones who went before them. There's a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th etc Summers brother despite the fact that the idea really makes no sense. As long as these hacks think it will sell comics, they don't care.

Nowadays they just throw crap ideas at the wall & go with what sticks. They know there's suckers out there that will eat it up. 

How bout making a DOFP story arc showing how all the heroes depicted on the tombstones that Kitty/ Kate is walking by on her way back to the Sentinels Bronx Mutant internment camp died battling the Sentinels. Not this "3rd, 5th or 9th Summers brother" caca.