Hasbro Triple Friday Live-Stream Video - Marvel Legends House Of X, Bring On The Bad Guys, Deluxe MODOK, Thanos, Stilt-Man BAF Wave

JayC

I was mostly super stoked about that Thanos, and I'm even more now, looks so good it's crazy, I'm still probably going to be cherry picking that Spider-Verse wave, because I just don't really dig the whole Animated figure thing, I love the movie and all but I don't have much desire for those figures on my shelf, maybe Prowler but only because I love Prowler and it looks great. The X-Men wave... I'm definitely going to get Jean and Omega, the rest are probably a pass inless the BAF is a must build, I do have to say it's so funny that the rumors for that X wave were correct yet, Jesse Falcon tried to trick us into thinking it wasn't Hahhaa of course it was going to be Cyclops and Wolverine... one thing I do have to say is despite really not wanting to put another Logan on my shelf this one does look really good, the new face sculpt is awesome. I currently am not extremely pumped about either Spider-Verse or X wave, except for Frogman, Hand Ninja, Jean and Omega Sentinel, Thanos is a yes, and I am so so excited about this Villains wave, it's my most anticipated wave in a long time, heres to hoping the rest of the figures are really fantastic, Scientist Supreme looks real nice.

4 hours ago, JayC said:

M.O.D.O.K. was teased at the end. Based on info I have seen this will be released as a Deluxe figure and cost around $50. That of course was not confirmed today by Hasbro, so you know the drill about treating it as a rumor.

Livestream-Marvel -13Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 12.40.02 PM01.jpg

Just had a thought about MODOK- this is one figure they could actually put electronics in....sound effects for the chair and lasers, lights for the headband...

5 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

And the red lady, is that Karima?

It's probably Karima, but that's not exactly clear. It's a cohort of Nimrod the Lesser's in essentially an alternate timeline. They call her Omega, but she's never actually referred to as Karima. Karima explicitly appears in the regular timeline in House of X, in her classic look (only with a shaved head), so it's probably her, but it's not explicit

Glad to see MODOK, are we sure this is comic version? Looks very much so but not sure if confirmed

i sold my ToyBiz MODOK years ago and regretted it many times. Glad to get another chance at him. 

Thanos is ok, be easier pill to swallow if that throne were included.. not sure that alt head is worth a third Thanos

the animated Spidey stuff is ok, never been a Miles fan so no need for this set. Frogman is fun as is Stillman, love when we get solid D characters

the hand is cool, need 6 for my OCD army building, be hard to come by at first I think, as many try to build the biggest Mort they can.. ah well 

9 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

Is there some new rendering here in the x-images? Are these actual figures, or renders? I'm NOT saying they suck, but all of the X-Men figures look slightly unreal, maybe Cell-shaded, like BorderLands 3?

They're just renders. They said during their Pulsecon panel that they're no longer doing physical prototypes, so all early previews going forward will be 3D renders. Once things go up for preorder they'll get the standard product photography, but--prior to that--they're likely to be digital only. That said, I could be convinced that the Cyclops we saw today was an actual figure. The others, no way.

11 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

HoX/Dox/PoX wave - okay, that Cyclops is nice. I can dig it. But (a). Is there some new rendering here in the x-images? Are these actual figures, or renders? I'm NOT saying they suck, but all of the X-Men figures look slightly unreal, maybe Cell-shaded

Nah those are renders. The Cyclops, like they said, is on the buckycap mold, the others arent. That Marvel Girl looks like the the pointed boots are painted on though so thats the cheap move they pull with a lot of the actual figures.

My takeaway was definitely Thanos. That is a fantastic job well done & super super stoked to get.

Frog Man was the classic, legendary portrayal I was expecting. So ridiculous, gotta have 😄. Ordered a few ninjas but I’ll definitely be interested in plenty more stilt pieces till I can get that guy reaching around 6 foot, at least. The movie figures are cool n’ all (fan of the movie) but they just aren’t for me.

Will likely pass up the HOXPOX wave but I’ll have to see Moira and Jean’s final products before I decide on those 2. No ties with Scientist Supreme really but he does look neat and my interest in getting a full case of the baddie wave is still there. Hoping that’s the most underwhelming figure in the mix.

Hard for me to imagine Hasbro’s MODOK would replace my Toybiz baf but I guess that remains to be seen... I do love me some MODOK.

but MAN that Thanos... excellent 👍

Getting Thanos. Peter B Parker looks good (and kinda hot tbh lol), though I still haven't seen the movie yet. Might pick him up if I see him in stores.

Marvel Girl I'm definitely picking up day 1. I know I've said in another thread that I didn't like the character selection for the HOX/POX wave but seeing these pics now Cyclops and Wolverine look good. Between Xavier with the Cerebro head, Magneto in white, and Moira, it looks like HOX/POX will be my new shelf for the contemporary X-men. I'm very meh on that Omega Sentinel but I guess I can shove her in my villains shelf. I hope the BAF is a character that's never been made.

I really hope the BAF in the Bring on the Bad Guys wave isn't an X-character. I don't want to have to pick up non-X-Villains in the wave just to build that figure. It better not be Blob. Watch them make Blob a Deadpool Wave BAF though. Deadpool seems to get the best BAFs.

16 hours ago, JayC said:
M.O.D.O.K. was teased at the end. Based on info I have seen this will be released as a Deluxe figure and cost around $50. That of course was not confirmed today by Hasbro, so you know the drill about treating it as a rumor.

Livestream-Marvel -13Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 12.40.02 PM01.jpg

Good that this is rumor; haven't seen anything saying this would cost $50.00. Prof X's set cost about $44.00 or so. 

Now, I was just spitballing earlier about the notion including electronics for lights and sound for MODOK. If they really did that, then maybe it could go up to $50.00. 

The best thing here is that despite COVID and all the problems, Hasbro isnt showing signs of slowing down production of Marvel action figures. It really is good news.

6 hours ago, tarot said:

just finished watching the stream and they got me thinking what could be the BAF for the BOTBG wave. They mentioned it's something we wouldn't expect so that means not MODOK and is something obscure. it's making me excited to find out.

Hoping for either Black Tarantula or The Crusher

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Nah those are renders. The Cyclops, like they said, is on the buckycap mold, the others arent. That Marvel Girl looks like the the pointed boots are painted on though so thats the cheap move they pull with a lot of the actual figures.

It's obviously not my favourite, but I can live with painted-on boots. Those shoes, on the other hand... how they thought they could get away with using molded open-top flats by just leaving the open part yellow is beyond me. I know they've said in the past that their body-blanks are made as kits, so if--for instance--they use the Bucky Cap body, presumably the arms, chest, torso, groin, legs, and feet are all made together. Again, which parts come standard is extrapolation on my part, but it stands to reason that the heads, hands, overlays, and accessories would be separate, and they've basically said that if they want to switch out arms or feet or whathaveyou, they have to be able to afford to make the normal arms or feet that come with that body and the replacement ones, and if they can't make that math work they have to make concessions. I'm guessing that's what happened here? Hopefully that means Jean comes with some pretty excellent accessories (and they indicated she might). I'd be surprised not to see a Rachel head at the very least.

I am really excited about that bad guys wave. My absolute favorite Legends figures are the obscure and goofy bad guys that nobody else cares about, like Spymaster and Living Laser. Scientist Supreme and Arcade really scratches that itch. I'm hoping to see a Mangog for the BAF, but they're probably gonna wait for a movie version. Maybe we could get a slightly undersized Dragon Man? 

The Spidey wave also appeals to me on the obscure villains front, so hell yeah. Hand ninjas and Stilt-Man has been some of my biggest wishes for years. Frogman can pass as a Leap-Frog. I'm loving these additions to my Daredevil shelf, these reveals almost feels made for me. I don't have any Into The Spider-Verse merch, so I don't mind picking those up, even if Stilt-Man is the main draw.

Another big win for MODOK. I have always wanted that Toybiz MODOK, and now I don't have to pay extreme prices for it on the aftermarket. It should look great alongside that Scientist Supreme and army builder soldiers. I mean, if I can afford it...

The HOX/POX wave is the only one that doesn't appeal to me too much. The Wolverine looks neat and Cyclops figures always appeal to me, but the wave as a whole doesn't get my hype going as much. Hopefully the BAF won't be too cool.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

It's obviously not my favourite, but I can live with painted-on boots. Those shoes, on the other hand... how they thought they could get away with using molded open-top flats by just leaving the open part yellow is beyond me...they have to be able to afford to make the normal arms or feet that come with that body and the replacement ones, and if they can't make that math work they have to make concessions. I'm guessing that's what happened here? 

I hear what you're saying about painted on boots, in some cases. But as you point out, the open toe flat tops being painted over makes no sense. At the very least they could've just done what they did with Elektra's "boots". My hope is that since this is a render, its not the final product, so maybe that'll be corrected by the time she gets to market (and the belt too).

In the Hellfire Club set, they sculpted a small ridge around the bicep to give the female figs the appearance of wearing evening gloves. Since they're not going to include boot cuff rotation (and that's another peeve of mine; why DC Collectibles can do it and Hasbro won't, is beyond me), they could do the same for Marvel Girl's boots. Just a thought. 

2 hours ago, WilsonFisk4President said:

I am really excited about that bad guys wave. My absolute favorite Legends figures are the obscure and goofy bad guys that nobody else cares about, like Spymaster and Living Laser. Scientist Supreme and Arcade really scratches that itch. I'm hoping to see a Mangog for the BAF, but they're probably gonna wait for a movie version. Maybe we could get a slightly undersized Dragon Man? 

So far the Bad Giys wave is the wave I'm looking forward to though I hate Arcade, but I really want a Dormammu and Scientist Supreme looks cool.Hopefully the rest of the wave will just be as good. I'm still hoping for either Black Tarantula or The Crusher as the BAF