Hasbro Triple Friday Live-Stream Video - Marvel Legends House Of X, Bring On The Bad Guys, Deluxe MODOK, Thanos, Stilt-Man BAF Wave

JayC

Well, I'm stoked about the House of X wave. Weirdly, I'm much more excited about the dudes this time around, though. Just not a fan of this look for Jean, and rarely a fan of civilian looks like Moira's. Karima might look better in-person, but is a little underwhelming in render form, at least compared to the guys.

46 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

They keep emphasizing the BAF is a deep cut. Razorfist confirmed.

You mean for the Bring On the Bad Guys wave or the HOX wave?  If you're talking Bad Guys, I remember them talking about balancing things just right one of them miming scales.  I was thinking as he was doing it of Equinox, the Thermodynamic Man.  I mean, if they're going for a deep cut, it don't get much deeper!  And I'd be way into it.

Equinox-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-new-a.thumb.jpg.18239892e979654c459399386a8b199c.jpg

5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

You mean for the Bring On the Bad Guys wave or the HOX wave?  If you're talking Bad Guys, I remember them talking about balancing things just right one of them miming scales.  I was thinking as he was doing it of Equinox, the Thermodynamic Man.  I mean, if they're going for a deep cut, it don't get much deeper!  And I'd be way into it.

Equinox-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-new-a.thumb.jpg.18239892e979654c459399386a8b199c.jpg

While not a villain per se, balancing the scales could refer to the Inbetweener that or Libra and they are planning to start doing Zodiac members

On 11/14/2020 at 5:35 PM, MonsterChris said:

I've been ranting about wanting Equinox since last year. He'd be translucent, and he could have two variants: one with ice torso and flamed legs, the other flamed torso and iced legs. And he was originally drawn (by the late great Gil Kane) with fangs, so he needs an open mouth. I'm not sure this is the "deep cut" they're talking about but I still hope we'll get him, sooner than later. 'Cause its time our heroes face the uncontrolled power of the Thermo Dynamic Man!

11 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

That was Dwight talking about how they like to strike a balance between obscure and well-known BAFs. He even made a joke about Thanos being pleased. I wouldn't read too hard into it.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

That was Dwight talking about how they like to strike a balance between obscure and well-known BAFs. He even made a joke about Thanos being pleased. I wouldn't read too hard into it.

That was it!  It was really just a passing thought I had while he was doing that, but it did seem rehearsed.

Another thought I had when they said that nobody will have seen this coming is Mephisto.  I've seen a lot of people (probably reasonably) write him off as a possibility for normal retail release, but we don't know that.  And Mephisto was very prominent on both of the BOtBG book covers that they showed.  Time will tell.  I really haven't been this excited for figure announcements in a wave in a long time.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

That was it!  It was really just a passing thought I had while he was doing that, but it did seem rehearsed.

Another thought I had when they said that nobody will have seen this coming is Mephisto.  I've seen a lot of people (probably reasonably) write him off as a possibility for normal retail release, but we don't know that.  And Mephisto was very prominent on both of the BOtBG book covers that they showed.  Time will tell.  I really haven't been this excited for figure announcements in a wave in a long time.

Also he is going to be the main bad guy for the Avengers event next year...

Not too thrilled about the Aim supreme guy in the bad guy wave but I am very excited for who else is going to be announced in it. I loved the toybiz bring on the bad guys wave as that was my favorite wave they ever made. Hopefully Hasbro one ups them like they have been doing with alot of their versions of characters. 

My money is on Hyde as the BAF for the BOTBG wave. With the Big Suited mold we no longer have to worry about them using the Kingpin mold. With this all they have to do is do a trench coat overlay instead of the suit coat. Depending on which version of Hyde they draw from it should work. I know he's mostly shown with much shorter legs but the earliest versions of him had him with legs proportionate to his body.

Also, with the sales tanking and dwindling online presence of the Avengers game, one has to wonder how long they plan to ride that horse from that corner of the Gamerverse. To me the smart money is to concentrate on Contest of Champions where the excellent Venompool came from and Future Fight which has some awesome updated looks for classic characters, which are many times better than anything in the Avengers game. Of course, the Spider-Man game(s) are still going strong, but how many more Velocity Suit type fumbles can this line have?

Just reminding you, Hasbro, Contest of Champs has a superb design for Howard the Duck which would be a way to avoid another Spider-Ham situation by making Howard part of the BAF (the head, I assume) of his Mech Suit rather than pack him as a single figure.

Howard_the_Duck_(Earth-TRN517)_from_Marvel_Contest_of_Champions_002.jpg

On 11/13/2020 at 9:19 AM, JayC said:
The Marvel Comics villain Thanos seizes control of the hallowed Infinity Gauntlet and wields near-omnipotent power. Who can stop this vicious new overlord?

With over 80 years of comic book history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing in displayable collectibles. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired product for Marvel fans and collectors. You can pre-order this figure now from our Sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Look for it to be released by March 2021.

The figure includes the following:
- Alternate head sculpt
- Pair of alternate hands

The figure is a new sculpt, the alternate heads will fit on the previous Thanos figure and there is a diorama type backdrop image with his thrown featured inside the packaging.

Thanos-01.jpg

Thanos-02.jpg

Thanos-04.jpg

King-ThanosScreen Shot 2020-11-13 at 1.22.28 PM01.png

King-ThanosScreen Shot 2020-11-13 at 1.22.48 PM03.png

Too bad they didn't have an actual throne accessory. But they gave us not one but two infinity gloves with different gestures, so how cool is that!

• 2 months later...
Hasbro's Ryan Ting posted some new images for the upcoming Deluxe Marvel Legends M.O.D.O.K figure which has a price of $50. The point of the images is to show just how heavy the figure will be. According to the scale in the images the figure will weigh 1.3lbs which is just shy of how much 6 of the Marvel Legends AIM Soldier figures weigh. You can pre-order the figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Deluxe-Modok-01.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-02.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-03.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-04.jpg

2 hours ago, JayC said:
Hasbro's Ryan Ting posted some new images for the upcoming Deluxe Marvel Legends M.O.D.O.K figure which has a price of $50. The point of the images is to show just how heavy the figure will be. According to the scale in the images the figure will weigh 1.3lbs which is just shy of how much 6 of the Marvel Legends AIM Soldier figures weigh. You can pre-order the figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Deluxe-Modok-01.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-02.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-03.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-04.jpg

I'm so excited to have this big boy in my collection. I have the toybiz version and it's a wonderful piece but something about this one screams Jack Kirby to me. 

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Deluxe-Modok-01.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-02.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-03.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-04.jpg

Have the toybiz version and don't need another MODOK, so more money saved

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Deluxe-Modok-01.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-02.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-03.jpg

Deluxe-Modok-04.jpg

lol, promoting the figure's weight might be the silliest thing i've heard in a while.  McFarlane's Devastator weights 1.5 pounds and costs $20.  Not arguing that MODOK isn't worth the money but putting him on a scale makes it seems like they are getting some pushback on the $50 price point

8 hours ago, DrZarnak said:

I’d love Hyde as the BAF. One of the most needed for the Masters of the Evil. I wish they’d make an official announcement on the BotBG wave. 

I’m really hoping they’ll reveal that on the next Marvel Fan First Friday. I’m kinda tired of the lackluster Hulk reveals we’ve gotten lately. I want some real news.