Hasbro Triple Friday Live-Stream Video - Marvel Legends House Of X, Bring On The Bad Guys, Deluxe MODOK, Thanos, Stilt-Man BAF Wave

JayC

31 minutes ago, leokearon said:

For Hasbro to try and justify the $50 price tag by showing he has $80 worth of plastic in him and therefore MODOK is value for money

Hasbro legends has been very useful in posing because it is light weight. I agree with you guys, I don't see the point of making it heavy..it does nothing to improve the figure. Given that MODOK is suppose to be in a flying pose sometimes, making him heavy won't help.  

On 2/14/2021 at 9:01 AM, bashpics99 said:

lol, promoting the figure's weight might be the silliest thing i've heard in a while.  McFarlane's Devastator weights 1.5 pounds and costs $20.  

Exactly! Like they couldn't have made the exact same figure without it being that heavy. Foolish waste. I said it before, if they used some of that space to house some electronics for batteries/lights/sounds etc. the $50.00 price tag would be easier to swallow. Just as it was a wise move to give the army builder Hand ninjas spare sets of Stiltman's legs, it was unwise not to make use of MODOK's volume and add some special feature.

24 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

My only complaint is the same thing we all always complain about: he needs more accessories. He comes with alternate hands and an extra face which is cool but what about a blast effect to plug into his forehead? For a deluxe he doesn't include much.

yeah the lack of a blast effect is disappointing.  I' not really sure he needed extra hands tbh if he had one fist and one gesturing hand that's probably good enough, its not like he gets into a ton of hand-to-hand brawls.  I do like the alternate face option though.  But whatever he's still cheaper than trying to complete the old BAF although maybe that'll change once this guy comes out (doubtful imo though) and the old BAF didn't come with a blast effect either

27 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

yeah the lack of a blast effect is disappointing.  I' not really sure he needed extra hands tbh if he had one fist and one gesturing hand that's probably good enough, its not like he gets into a ton of hand-to-hand brawls.  I do like the alternate face option though.  But whatever he's still cheaper than trying to complete the old BAF although maybe that'll change once this guy comes out (doubtful imo though) and the old BAF didn't come with a blast effect either

Yeah, that's very true. I put my MODOK together through a friend and got a major discount and still spent more than this guy. I agree about the hands, I appreciate them for sure but it's not necessary. Surely throwing in a simple blast would have been easy to do. They could have modified the blasts from 80th Iron Man and that would have been fine.

• 1 month later...

I've been going back and forth on buying this MODOK. I have the ToyBiz BAF that I'm perfectly happy with, but had decided that I'd cave and get this version - but now after seeing it disassembled like this I've swung back the other way and will stick with my old BAF. I probably would still be willing to buy it for $30, but not for $50 when I already have a version I'm happy with.

1 hour ago, Reno said:

I've been going back and forth on buying this MODOK. I have the ToyBiz BAF that I'm perfectly happy with, but had decided that I'd cave and get this version - but now after seeing it disassembled like this I've swung back the other way and will stick with my old BAF. I probably would still be willing to buy it for $30, but not for $50 when I already have a version I'm happy with.

I feel the same. Ive gone back and forth because it is nice, but its not really THAT much different or an improvement over the toybiz baf.(I very much RARELY ever feel this way as most hasbro stuff destroys anything toybiz made previously imo). It looks great but that pricetag really makes it harder for me to want it. And like you said, if it were $30, itd be alot easier pill to swallow. 

3 hours ago, tarot said:

lol. given that it has to be assembled, it could have easily been a BAF. Wonder why they didn't?

Thank god they didn't I would be so pist. I hate having to buy a wave for a baf thats coughing up like alot of extra money. I cherry pick the hell out of ML and I am very critical when I buy them I. And I am not willing to buy wave that would of had like 4 repaints or crappy bodies I'm just not about that.

On 2/15/2021 at 7:18 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

My only complaint is the same thing we all always complain about: he needs more accessories. He comes with alternate hands and an extra face which is cool but what about a blast effect to plug into his forehead? For a deluxe he doesn't include much.

U are right. I think with the blast effect on the forehead would have put this figure over the top and would have warranted the $50 price point. Like if it came with two different blast effects like a short and longer range one of something like that. Even tho I paid the $50 and I am ok that I bought it but ML really lack in accessories.

56 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

"...It looks great but that pricetag really makes it harder for me to want it. And like you said, if it were $30, itd be alot easier pill to swallow..." 

Been saying this since they debuted this thing, and really, its not to slam anyone who's into buying it. It really isn't. A person's choices are their choices and its their money. I bought the white suited Storm and even though I didn't need it, dropped $ on the black suited one. But I couldn't shell out $50.00 for this thing 'cause I just don't see the justification here. Add some electronics for light/sound, even some styled blast effects, etc. maybe they'd get there, but not like this.

Yeah I saw wingorlose showing this, I saw this earlier, the strangest thing about it all is nobody else seems to have gotten a Modok from Amazon over here, I've heard nothing from anyone else who ordered it, I just think it's odd that like 1 person got it.

I still really want this, I never got the BAF, and I think this thing looks amazing, but all of you guys bummed out about it being 50 bucks, well try here in canada with it being like 70-80 (depending on where you buy it from), I wish it was 50.

I have no plans to get rid of my Toybiz MODOK as it was a grail for so long but I do believe this will take his place on the shelf. It just fits in so much more with the current Legends asthetics. I can't wait to get him in hand. I do have to say though, I find the assembly strange. It really feels like they wanted to do him as a baf but changed their minds. Wonder what the story is there?

22 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

U are right. I think with the blast effect on the forehead would have put this figure over the top and would have warranted the $50 price point. Like if it came with two different blast effects like a short and longer range one of something like that. Even tho I paid the $50 and I am ok that I bought it but ML really lack in accessories.

Yeah, this is absolutely my biggest complaint with the line. They've come a long way and sometimes they really deliver but then you get something like this where an effect would really help matters and they drop the ball.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Scifantasy said:

According to marvel fandom wiki modok is 12 feet tall but this figure is only 8 inches tall, shouldn't it be 12 inches tall? To be in scale?

I'm not sure that that's accurate. Maybe he's grown over the years but to me 8-9 ft. sounds about right. Here are some examples.

tumblr_p17uvrnHX41vpl0aoo1_640.jpg

39fd23e80dbb9a53348884d267b83a58.jpg

b542360468b9816d7eef1c023b8c8f9c.jpg

9 hours ago, Scifantasy said:

According to marvel fandom wiki modok is 12 feet tall but this figure is only 8 inches tall, shouldn't it be 12 inches tall? To be in scale?

3 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm not sure that that's accurate. Maybe he's grown over the years but to me 8-9 ft. sounds about right. Here are some examples.

tumblr_p17uvrnHX41vpl0aoo1_640.jpg

39fd23e80dbb9a53348884d267b83a58.jpg

b542360468b9816d7eef1c023b8c8f9c.jpg

8-9 ft sounds right to me too. I wonder if the listed 12 ft takes into account him hovering (which would be 3-4 ft off the ground).

51 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

8-9 ft sounds right to me too. I wonder if the listed 12 ft takes into account him hovering (which would be 3-4 ft off the ground).

That's a possibility, sure. But the figure only stands at about 9 inches hovering and all so if that's the case he would be a little underside.