Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man Retro Spider-Man In The Negative Zone Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man Retro Spider-Man In The Negative Zone figure from Hasbro. This figure is being sold as a Target store exclusive.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY

and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-01.JPG

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-02.JPG

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-03.JPG

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-04.JPG

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-05.JPG

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-06.JPG

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-07.JPG

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-08.JPG

Negative-Zone-Spider-Man-09.JPG

Yeah this figure is bad.  Get that Spidey is tops at Marvel but these strange variants need to stop. These are looking like cheap knockoffs as @leokearon has stated. 

I dunno, you’d think Hasbro wouldn’t want their product coming off as cheap but here we are..

but... someone will love this and will be happy to get it.. there is Spidey for you

Not sure why everyone is calling for this mold to be prematurely retired. It is still accurate for characters like Spidey. Everyone seems to be ready for the Sunfire buck or the new Super Poseable buck to be the standard but those would be inacurrate from the onset. 

The Sunfire buck is being used for everyone from Moon Knight and Falcon, who both list around 6'2" and 230 lbs to Pyro and Iceman who list closer to 5'9" and 150 lbs. Pick a scale already, Hasbro. It's too small to be a Captian America, and it's too big to be Spidey. If you wanna use it to phase out the Buck Cap, buck then do it, they are close enough (though I thought that's what the Spider UK buck was supposed to do), but stop using it as a cover-all for any and all character that falls in between sizes or when you feel a figure needs butterfly joints. That might be a small concern to some people, but as a serious collector that likes figures to be proportionate to each other as they are in the comics it just seems lazy on the design and development part. I mean, what is Jessie Falcon doing if not making sure the transition from comic to plastic is at least somewhat accurate? There are still many characters the Pizza Spidey buck is good for. The previously mentioned Pyro and Classic Electro should have been done on this buck. Some characters that are possibly coming in the future  like Speedball or Cyper would also be suited for this buck. It's still got quite a bit of life left in it.

On the other hand, I don't think the Superposeable Spidey buck is gonna become the standard anytime soon. Not saying it'll never be used again, but to expect it to be the go-to for Spidey is just not gonna happen. It is very complicated and very intricate, thus one would assume that it would also cost more time and materials to make it one of the "standard" buck. Even during the Toybiz days, no one expected TB to automatically make the Superposeable Spidey the standard for Spidey figures from that point. It is what it is, it's another old Toybiz design Hasbro took aim at and they went above and beyond the original (aside from paint detail). Never once did I ever assume that would be the Spider-Man buck from then on. And to be fair, if this mold does end up phasing out the Pizza Spidey buck, I will be the first to fall on my sword and admit that I was wrong.

15 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Not sure why everyone is calling for this mold to be prematurely retired. It is still accurate for characters like Spidey. Everyone seems to be ready for the Sunfire buck or the new Super Poseable buck to be the standard but those would be inacurrate from the onset. 

The Sunfire buck is being used for everyone from Moon Knight and Falcon, who both list around 6'2" and 230 lbs to Pyro and Iceman who list closer to 5'9" and 150 lbs. Pick a scale already, Hasbro. It's too small to be a Captian America, and it's too big to be Spidey. If you wanna use it to phase out the Buck Cap, buck then do it, they are close enough (though I thought that's what the Spider UK buck was supposed to do), but stop using it as a cover-all for any and all character that falls in between sizes or when you feel a figure needs butterfly joints. That might be a small concern to some people, but as a serious collector that likes figures to be proportionate to each other as they are in the comics it just seems lazy on the design and development part. I mean, what is Jessie Falcon doing if not making sure the transition from comic to plastic is at least somewhat accurate? There are still many characters the Pizza Spidey buck is good for. The previously mentioned Pyro and Classic Electro should have been done on this buck. Some characters that are possibly coming in the future  like Speedball or Cyper would also be suited for this buck. It's still got quite a bit of life left in it.

On the other hand, I don't think the Superposeable Spidey buck is gonna become the standard anytime soon. Not saying it'll never be used again, but to expect it to be the go-to for Spidey is just not gonna happen. It is very complicated and very intricate, thus one would assume that it would also cost more time and materials to make it one of the "standard" buck. Even during the Toybiz days, no one expected TB to automatically make the Superposeable Spidey the standard for Spidey figures from that point. It is what it is, it's another old Toybiz design Hasbro took aim at and they went above and beyond the original (aside from paint detail). Never once did I ever assume that would be the Spider-Man buck from then on. And to be fair, if this mold does end up phasing out the Pizza Spidey buck, I will be the first to fall on my sword and admit that I was wrong.

Agreed, the only thing I'll concede to the "Retro Spidey buck" group is that  the articulation is better for Spidey.  Beyond that the Pizza Spidey's proportions are much better, and the height seems to scale better across the majority of how Spider-Man is drawn in comics.  Plus this goes better with the dozens of costumes we've already gotten.  

3 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Agreed, the only thing I'll concede to the "Retro Spidey buck" group is that  the articulation is better for Spidey.  Beyond that the Pizza Spidey's proportions are much better, and the height seems to scale better across the majority of how Spider-Man is drawn in comics.  Plus this goes better with the dozens of costumes we've already gotten.  

I agree too. I’m perfectly fine with the classic suit being the only one we get on the Retro buck for now, except maybe Symbiote. I would love to see the pizza Spidey mold updated with the torso articulation of the Retro one. And some new heads.

People are thinking that now that we have Retro spidey all the old suit will be redone. That is not going to happen. Except the Black suit, none of the old figure will be redone pre-Pizza Spidey. Personally I like that all of Peter's costume use the same buck. It make it seem like the same person. 

Same reason I'm one of the few that likes the Idea that the HOX Cyclops is on the bucky build. Others think he should be on a different buck, but I like that he has the same build as previous builds.

7 hours ago, tarot said:

People are thinking that now that we have Retro spidey all the old suit will be redone. That is not going to happen. Except the Black suit, none of the old figure will be redone pre-Pizza Spidey. Personally I like that all of Peter's costume use the same buck. It make it seem like the same person. 

Same reason I'm one of the few that likes the Idea that the HOX Cyclops is on the bucky build. Others think he should be on a different buck, but I like that he has the same build as previous builds.

That's actually a great point!

8 hours ago, tarot said:

Also I thought people wanted new figures not the same characters or even the same looks over and over again.

15 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I agree too. I’m perfectly fine with the classic suit being the only one we get on the Retro buck for now, except maybe Symbiote. I would love to see the pizza Spidey mold updated with the torso articulation of the Retro one. And some new heads.

I'd be fine with a Symbiote Suit too, if they just worked on the hips and the torso the Pizza Spidey mold could be viable for a long time.