X-Men #13 Action Figure Variant Cover

JayC

Variant covers all whole new industry that actually helps marvel and dc sell more comics copies, it's not 70 anymore, you can easily read stories in trades or online, which leaves singe issues in vulnerable position, comic book issues are for very (comparatively) few fans, who buy multiple copies for the sake of cover art. It much easier to sell 30 k copies if 40 percent of them are cool variants by artists fans  value. 

10 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

Lol, I thought it was a real upcoming figure for a split second. 

If only the real ones would look so good. Hasbro is always looking for the next gimmick. How bout dropping the whole Gamervers bit and doing an altenate covers run. No....? Makes too much sense. Let's just do crap like Stealth Captain America and Atmosphere Iron Man and Velocity Suit Spider-Man instead. And while we're at it throw in a Venomized Cap as well.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

If only the real ones would look so good. Hasbro is always looking for the next gimmick. How bout dropping the whole Gamervers bit and doing an altenate covers run. No....? Makes too much sense. Let's just do crap like Stealth Captain America and Atmosphere Iron Man and Velocity Suit Spider-Man instead. And while we're at it throw in a Venomized Cap as well.

Lol! Agreed!

18 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Still waiting for them to do a Phoenix that doesn't look like Celine Dion

Lol, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who sees that!  I mean, I've got enough alternate heads collected now that it's not such as issue, but still.  Why would you pick one of the most punchable faces in all of entertainment?  I wonder if they did a prototype that looked like Miles Teller first.

13 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I think that's just a matter of time. Easy reuse of already existing base body and heads that will guarantee profit.

Goes along with doing a better looking Phoenix and Civil Warrior as figures that they surprisingly haven't done already 

On 11/18/2020 at 6:24 PM, mako said:

Yes, Dude, but you do understand it's still a COMIC cover . . . right?

yeah, so what?  people like the idea and look of a carded action figure, some of those people don't even need it to actually be, they just like the look/aesthetic, and so some variant covers are like this

not incredibly hard to understand