Rumor Report: Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys Wave 1 And M.O.D.O.K Deluxe Figure

JayC

We know Hasbro is going to deliver on the villains in 2021 with a dedicated wave titled "Bring On The Bad" guys. Hasbro has already officially revealed three figures in the wave which includes Spider-Man/X-Men baddie Arcade who loves to play in Murderworld, Dr. Strange arch-nemesis Dormammu and A.I.M.'s Scientist Supreme.

Based on my intel the wave will have four more figures in it which will include Hydra Supreme, Lady Deathstrike, the Hood and Victor Von Doom.

The exact versions we will get for some of these like Hydra Supreme and Victor Von Doom are UNKNOWN. Hydra Supreme

could be the Steve Rogers version or they could go with a more classic version. My best guess for Doom is that it would be some type of unmasked version. Back in 2009 during SDCC Hasbro had on display a number of mock-up figures including one for the Hood. I am sure the final version will look different with an updated sculpt.

So in other words, the images used here for the rumored figures are for reference purposes only, the final figures may look different. Of course all this should be considered RUMOR until we get official confirmation from Hasbro.

Hasbro has confirmed this wave will have a Build-A-Figure

. I don't have any info on what it will be, but my best guess based on the clue Hasbro gave during their last live-stream video is the Marvel Death character. In the video Dwight made a comment about having to keep Thanos happy with it. In the comics Thanos has had an obsession with the Death character. Others have speculated it could also be a Throne for Thanos.

During the last live-stream video Hasbro also teased what appeared to be a M.O.D.O.K figure.

Based on my intel a M.O.D.O.K is coming, and will be released as a deluxe figure. The price point I have seen listed for it is $50, so it looks like it may be more expensive than the normal deluxe figures which generally cost $30.

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-00.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-01.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-02.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-03.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-04.jpg

Hmmm....I'm a bit disappointed if the rest of that BotBG wave turns out to be true. V.V Doom and Hydra Supreme are totally wasted slots imo. If they had to go Hydra, then Baron Strucker should have been the goto there. Doom's already had two releases in the last year too. Why not Mephisto? Nebula?? Classic Sabertooth??? Grrrrr, grumble-grumble.

Well, not that thrilled about the rumored lineup, although I’m sure folks who have army built AIM and Hydra will be glad to get leaders for them. Will get Arcade for sure and probably Lady Deathstrike as well, maybe Doom depending on how he looks. The BAF would have to be pretty irresistible to coax me into buying the rest of the wave, so we’ll see.

This is pretty disappointing to be honest, but I have to imagine that they'll do at least a wave 2, so maybe that's when we'll get Red Skull, Ultron and some others I'd have preferred. If this listing and the BAF rumor are true, I'll probably just get Arcade, Dormammu and Deathsrike. Very excited about the possibility of a non-BAF deluxe MODOK. Hopefully it's not the video game version.

I'm definitely excited for both Arcade and the Scientist Supreme. I'd love a figure of The Hood. I'd also love that Bi-Beast figure that is peeking over his shoulder in that picture. I prefer the SDCC version of Dormammu to this new one. I don't think I'd have any interest in another Doom figure, and if Steve is Hydra Supreme then I'll pass on that too. I have no problems with my old Toy Biz MODOK, but admit I'm interested to see what Hasbro does with the new version although I can't imagine that it will be enough better that I'll consider dropping $50 on it. I'm also perfectly happy with the Toy Biz Lady Deathstrike. I'm curious as to what Hasbro would do with Mistress Death. The pack-in that came with the Marvel Select Thanos was very plain, but honestly fits the purpose for that character. It could likely easily be improved upon, but seems like a waste of a slot. 

26 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

This is pretty disappointing to be honest, but I have to imagine that they'll do at least a wave 2, so maybe that's when we'll get Red Skull, Ultron and some others I'd have preferred. If this listing and the BAF rumor are true, I'll probably just get Arcade, Dormammu and Deathsrike. Very excited about the possibility of a non-BAF deluxe MODOK. Hopefully it's not the video game version.

With the image they tease, definitely a comic version

17 minutes ago, Benn said:

The BAF's not gonna be Death. I think if you go back and listen to Dwight's quote again, he was talking about Thanos being happy with Hasbro's balance between well-known and obscure BAFs, not with the specific choice of BAF for this wave. It was a joke, not a clue.

I agree. I do think death will be coming as they have her on the thanos box. But I don't think she will be a baf for a villains wave as she is not really a villain. Like galactus is a force of nature, so is she. She is just doing her job.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Given the size he is usually depicted, modok would be much bigger and bulkier then an average baf. So 50 is a reasonable price

This has actually peaked my interest more then anything else. I'm guessing with the $50 price tag we are looking at a new package design. I am guessing something with more depth to accommodate Modok massive cranium. That being said I think there are a few characters that would benefit from this type of package. Mojo springs to mind but more importantly for myself Lockjaw who I don't think would have worked before with being a BAF or in the riders line packing 

I was definitely gettin Arcade, Dormammu, and A.I.M. Scientist Supreme from this wave, but I'm not excited for these rumored additions to the wave. I'll get Lady Deathstrike. I'm fairly ambivalent on The Hood and I don't need a third version of Doctor Doom, unless it really surprises me. If Hydra Supreme is Baron Von Strucker, then yeah, definitely, but not Evil Steve Rogers. Screw that! I guess a lot will depend on who/what the Build-a-Figure is.