Rumor Report: Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys Wave 1 And M.O.D.O.K Deluxe Figure

JayC

So glad Hasbro doing a bad guy line! BuuuuuUT...other than Arcade&maybe Dormamou...these selections are kinda lame!. Let me remind all that Attuma, Krang,Orka,Stingray,Mr.Hyde,The Owl, Blastarr,an easily available Ulik&DrsgonMan, Baron Blood, Mad Thinker, Firebrand,Orig.Crimson Dynamo,Pluto,The Wizard,Psycho-Man,Trapster,ManApe... just to name a few...have all never been made in plastic or in need of a desperste redo! But yet we continuously get hydra cap, modoks, arnim Zola, AIM, Hydra foot soldiers, etc time and time again....juss sayin'!🦃

20 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I was definitely gettin Arcade, Dormammu, and A.I.M. Scientist Supreme from this wave, but I'm not excited for these rumored additions to the wave. I'll get Lady Deathstrike. I'm fairly ambivalent on The Hood and I don't need a third version of Doctor Doom, unless it really surprises me. If Hydra Supreme is Baron Von Strucker, then yeah, definitely, but not Evil Steve Rogers. Screw that! I guess a lot will depend on who/what the Build-a-Figure is. 

Agreed. I was juss sayin'....ANOTHER Hydra Cap?!🙄

Lady Deathstrike!  This has been one of my top picks for years. Can't wait to see how it looks considering how much they have raised their game since the last version. My guess is Hydra Leader will come with a Red Skull and Baron Von Strucker head. The Hood isn't a must have for me and I think there were much better choices that should have been ahead of him, but many people want him, and I will still pick him up. This is gonna be a great wave. I am betting Blob will be the BAF...or Maestro.

As I have said before, given that the name is Hydra Supreme that means it is Stevil, all the other leaders called themselves Supreme Hydra. Also if it was a Supreme Hydra I doubt it would be Strucker or Viper as they would use their more recognisable names (Unless it like a running change).

The Hood (while along with Arcade) is one of my least favourite villains, it still would be nice to see a figure of him.

Lady Deathstrike is okay, I have the Toy Biz one and she isn't one of my favourite X-Villains, so I'll wait and see

Victor Von Doom will be disappointing unless it is the Secret Wars (84) version or has a lot of alt heads to make him some else.

Its still very early to say how I fully feel about this wave. I went from excited at the anticipation to lukewarm about the potential leaks. The baf will have to be amazing for me to now consider buying the whole wave. So far Deathstrike, Dormammu and maybe Arcade are my only potential gets. I dont army build so those are already a loss for me. I was really hoping for a new Blackheart or at least more well known to more notable obscure villains. The toybiz wave had alot of great big name heavy hitters which made that wave so great to me. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Its still very early to say how I fully feel about this wave. I went from excited at the anticipation to lukewarm about the potential leaks. The baf will have to be amazing for me to now consider buying the whole wave. So far Deathstrike, Dormammu and maybe Arcade are my only potential gets. I dont army build so those are already a loss for me. I was really hoping for a new Blackheart or at least more well known to more notable obscure villains. The toybiz wave had alot of great big name heavy hitters which made that wave so great to me. 

That scientists is not an army builder though. He is only a single person

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

that's not just any scientist though, it's AIM's Scientist Supreme, their leader when MODOK isn't taking charge

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

As I have said before, given that the name is Hydra Supreme that means it is Stevil, all the other leaders called themselves Supreme Hydra. Also if it was a Supreme Hydra I doubt it would be Strucker or Viper as they would use their more recognisable names (Unless it like a running change).

The Hood (while along with Arcade) is one of my least favourite villains, it still would be nice to see a figure of him.

Lady Deathstrike is okay, I have the Toy Biz one and she isn't one of my favourite X-Villains, so I'll wait and see

Victor Von Doom will be disappointing unless it is the Secret Wars (84) version or has a lot of alt heads to make him some else.

I hear you about Supreme Hydra and which version it may be, but we know they don't always get the details about the characters right (see Thunderstrike), and if you google Hydra Supreme or Supreme Hydra you get mostly the same details for who that is, so my guess is still that you are probably right about Stevil, but it would be a massive miss for them to not include alternate heads for Red Skull and Baron Von Strucker, so my guess is still that is what we will see.

I watched a video on Marvel.com with Ryan Penagos where he was interviewing Patton Oswalt and Jordan Blum about the comic MODOK Headgames where Ryan had a giant MODOK figure on his lap during the interview. This figure was easily 3 times the size of the Toy Biz BAF. I'm not saying that is the new Marvel Legends figure and he accidentally leaked it, but what if it is? Does anyone recognize that figure from anything else? Go take a look if you don't know what I'm talking about...

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailers-and-extras/patton-oswalt-and-jordan-blum-talk-m-o-d-o-k-head-games

29 minutes ago, Callietrin96 said:

You could even have the build a figure be iron monger, I still have no idea how we've never gotten that figure!

Technically they did do the movie Iron Monger with Obadiah in it when they released the 6" Iron Man movie figures, it was just very under-scaled.

I personally prefer comic based figures, but would take what I could get for characters that have never been made before. I'd love to see Madelyne Pryor or the Riot Symbiote, but those are likely going to be kept for X-Men and Spider-Man themed waves...   A Giganto mole monster would be fantastic! But that might be too ambitious.

1 hour ago, Reno said:

I watched a video on Marvel.com with Ryan Penagos where he was interviewing Patton Oswalt and Jordan Blum about the comic MODOK Headgames where Ryan had a giant MODOK figure on his lap during the interview. This figure was easily 3 times the size of the Toy Biz BAF. I'm not saying that is the new Marvel Legends figure and he accidentally leaked it, but what if it is? Does anyone recognize that figure from anything else? Go take a look if you don't know what I'm talking about...

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailers-and-extras/patton-oswalt-and-jordan-blum-talk-m-o-d-o-k-head-games

That’s the Bowen PX MODOK statue

7 hours ago, tarot said:

That scientists is not an army builder though. He is only a single person

Ahh I thought he was like a generic science general or something. 

1 hour ago, Callietrin96 said:

Does anyone else wish they would continue the "bring on the bad guys," with a movie wave? We've been sorely lacking on movie bad guys!

I'd be down for that. Kaecilius, Malekith, Shocker, Loki, Killian and Whiplash with a Surtur , Destroyer or new Iron Monger BAF. Then maybe they could release Pulse army builders of Chitauri and Outriders alongside them. That would be sweet.

On 11/21/2020 at 1:37 PM, McHogan said:

Interesting that this version of Dormammu is the classic version.. possible classic Dr Strange on the way?!?

I brought up this same thing when they first announced these figures. It only makes sense that the good doctor should indeed be just around the corner. Perhaps they will delay him for the upcoming sequel....but then again who knows when that will really happen. Either way, classic Dr Strange is overdue. I do hope they keep the same head they used in the Hulkbuster and Dormammu BAF waves. All he needs is a modified Shatterstar/Black Tom torso, belt sash and some new effects. How cool would it be if they could tinker with the Eye to make it open and close....

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I brought up this same thing when they first announced these figures. It only makes sense that the good doctor should indeed be just around the corner. Perhaps they will delay him for the upcoming sequel....but then again who knows when that will really happen. Either way, classic Dr Strange is overdue.

I would also add that a Classic Baron Mordo is overdue. Whatever your opinion of Karl from the movie was, there's really no reason for not doing him in his original look. He is One of Strange's biggest rivals and enemy and he's been similarly stepped over and put aside like the Mandarin. If they were to do a Classic Strange I assume there are many shared parts they could use to make Classic Mordo.

On the point of the Mandarin, I also have a feeling were going to get an MCU version of the Mandarin (not Trevor) with the Shang Chi wave rather than the classic version we all want.

I doubt we'll see a comic version of Baron Mordo in the eventual Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness movie wave, but I can imagine a comics-accurate Strange vs. Mordo 2-pack coming out with the movie. I would also love to see some more Strange villains like Nightmare (possibly as a rider with his black horse), an army-builder Mindless One, Chthon, maybe Satannish as a BAF, maybe Morgan La Fey.